Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

junior members vrs senior

I've witnessed a trend towards some "senior" members posting degrading comments towards some of our junior members. Now granted a few bad apples does not ruin the entire bunch, but what benefits do these guys get from putting down other similarly interested car guys solely based on the ammount of their previoius posts??!

We're all here mostly for the same reasons, learning, exchanging info and enjoying a hobby. I feel that anyone who brings negativity to that means is in the wrong forum. I'm sure there are plenty of hater threads on the net. Calling out someone cause you feel more "versed" and or popular is not beneficial to anyone and my guess is that the other senior members dont find it respectfull either! Conversley, over time many threads will be repetitive (there is only so much to post) but this is the nature of the internet and unless you plan on illiminating newer users it will continue. If you dont have positive feedback or beneficial info DONT REPLY!!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

well i know with the kill section..there are alot of stupid posts..mostly with newer members..but some senior members ..that think the ls1 is the fastest thing on the road..oh over use the term ricer ..etc....i mean we were all newbz at sometime on this site ..so we went through the same thing....also in general the senior members have been around the block ..earned the respect of the board for their technical knowledge etc but there are always exceptions ...but as always no member has any right to degrade a member solely on post count...we are all here to learn.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

If there is a problem with a post, report it and the assigned moderator to that forum will review it and deal with it accodringly.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

preston is right...they are really good at dealing out "just" infractions for the situation

98 Formula
    06 duramax

another thing to keep in mind that many on here are buddies and could be joking around but it might not seem that way to someone else. Like Y2K said, if there's a problem just report the post and someone will take care of it.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by walt's 98 ta View Post
    I've witnessed a trend towards some "senior" members posting degrading comments towards some of our junior members. Now granted a few bad apples does not ruin the entire bunch, but what benefits do these guys get from putting down other similarly interested car guys solely based on the ammount of their previoius posts??!

We're all here mostly for the same reasons, learning, exchanging info and enjoying a hobby. I feel that anyone who brings negativity to that means is in the wrong forum. I'm sure there are plenty of hater threads on the net. Calling out someone cause you feel more "versed" and or popular is not beneficial to anyone and my guess is that the other senior members dont find it respectfull either! Conversley, over time many threads will be repetitive (there is only so much to post) but this is the nature of the internet and unless you plan on illiminating newer users it will continue. If you dont have positive feedback or beneficial info DONT REPLY!!
    This is the internet, don't be so soft. Some people think they are tough and know-it-alls when they get online.. I'm not on here much, but try to make a couple of helpful posts when I do log on.

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

I guess it's the whole freshmen senior thing, and if some hazing or whatever is all in good fun i'm cool with that. but some people might not take it the way i do, they may not have a tough skin. so i'd hate to see some poor kid go to another site, loose interest in rodding, or worse all because of some stupid post reply.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

I guess it's the whole freshmen senior thing, and if some hazing or whatever is all in good fun i'm cool with that. but some people might not take it the way i do, they may not have a tough skin. so i'd hate to see some poor kid go to another site, loose interest in rodding, or worse all because of some stupid post reply.
    I agree. The number of posts a person has doesn't mean jack squat. There are several guys here (won't say any names) that have over 10k posts yet seem to not have a clue as to what they are talking about most of the time. Judging someones knowledge by the amount of posts they have is just being moronic.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Another reasons we should have seperate numbers for AAG and tech.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Another reasons we should have seperate numbers for AAG and tech.
    Curious as to why that would make a difference?

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

Jr/Senior

Just a suggestion... In my opinion and it is quite humble, what benefit does junior and senior have in regards to this site anyway!!?? I was a member 10 years ago when i bought my first 98 z28, after i sold it i went a seperate way then came back10 yrs later. So for me- my profile would suggest I'm new to roddiing/modding the LS1, and that couldnt be further from the truth?! I just dont see what postives a Heirarchy structure brings at all! but thats just me.

When ya join a car club or go to race at a track they dont ask for your "stripes" or badges of honor, or number of posts. It is kinda silly. With that said i like the info on this site, most of it is beneficial. I think as in any aspect of life "power" or a distinguished name can get to peoples heads, it's a sad fact. Who's to say a guy with 6,000,000 posts knows any more than me? who's to say if i ever get 450 posts i know didly squat about modding an LS!? there may be another/better method... RESPECT

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

a bit of history to some of the elders (all respect do) Back in 98 when the first LS1 f-bodies came out they were HOT, Gas mileage/power/ etc etc.. there was a guy who had a Reddish Camaro z-28 he called the pepper. i dont know what ever happened to that guy or the car, and he may not have knew it but he was one of the Pioneers of this site/ and mods to the LS1 cars. I may sound old saying this (I'm 32) but when these cars first came out you couldnt just go buy a "lid" for your air box, ya had to take it off and cut off the baffles by hand then remove the elephant ears and seal them with fiberglass or bondo. no body made the parts at first. We used to bend down the lip of the rad support to create more air flowing into the box too. Non electric cut outs, a stall and some gears was enough to gain some serious respect and it would yank a front tire! just some "old school" crap for ya's..Even though i'm just a Junior member lol, anyone remember that stuff?

RED
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    well i know with the kill section..there are alot of stupid posts..mostly with newer members..but some senior members ..that think the ls1 is the fastest thing on the road..oh over use the term ricer ..etc....i mean we were all newbz at sometime on this site ..so we went through the same thing....also in general the senior members have been around the block ..earned the respect of the board for their technical knowledge etc but there are always exceptions ...but as always no member has any right to degrade a member solely on post count...we are all here to learn.
    we all know I'm always good for a stupid post lol

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

You can change your tag from junior member to anything you want BTW.

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

that was never the point but thanks bro. I really didnt know that maybe i will... hmm

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

that was never the point but thanks bro. I really didnt know that maybe i will... hmm
    I know man and I can vouch for what you are saying. Ive had my trans am for over a year now and have replaced all kinds of stuff on it, you might have owned a vehicle for 10 years but it doesnt really matter if you dont drive it and know how to diagnose/repair common things. I DD mine and ive broke so much crap it aint even fun, but I now know what is the easiest way to fix crap because of it.

Change that damn tag to official asskicker or something lol

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

a bit of history to some of the elders (all respect do) Back in 98 when the first LS1 f-bodies came out they were HOT, Gas mileage/power/ etc etc.. there was a guy who had a Reddish Camaro z-28 he called the pepper. i dont know what ever happened to that guy or the car, and he may not have knew it but he was one of the Pioneers of this site/ and mods to the LS1 cars. I may sound old saying this (I'm 32) but when these cars first came out you couldnt just go buy a "lid" for your air box, ya had to take it off and cut off the baffles by hand then remove the elephant ears and seal them with fiberglass or bondo. no body made the parts at first. We used to bend down the lip of the rad support to create more air flowing into the box too. Non electric cut outs, a stall and some gears was enough to gain some serious respect and it would yank a front tire! just some "old school" crap for ya's..Even though i'm just a Junior member lol, anyone remember that stuff?
    I wasnt here that far back but before the crash I joined in 04. I poked around on this site every now and then and the "common mods" have definatly changed since then. hell back in 04 with my heads/cam/stall and 150 shot of nitrous my car would have been a bad motha fucka now it just kinda blends in with the rest of the crowd lol. People run 12s around here nowadays and people just think "oh thats ok, he must be new around here.. it will be fast one day"

Black
    '99 SS

Can't say I have ever had anyone "talk down to me" because of my post count...

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    Can't say I have ever had anyone "talk down to me" because of my post count...
    rookie

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    rookie

"Lawdog's Bodyguard"
    I've been here long enough to remember Lawdog though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information