Attending F-Body Expert Herloss's Avatar
    Beverly Hills, Malibu, Laguna Beach, Hollywood....I WISH.

Triple White Convertible
    1997 WS6 'Vert Trans Am

Triple White WS6 Convertible..... Who knows about them?

I have a 1997 Triple White WS6 'Vert. I personally have never seen another one anywhere. I know they have to be fairly rare, obviously there are others out there both Ram Air versions and plain 'ol Trans Am triple whites...... Mine just happens to be the WS6 version. (fortunately!!)

Who else has seen or knows of one? Any pics anywhere? And, you know, I should know this, but there are probably two things I DO NOT know about this car - or, well, 1997's in general. WHAT were the production numbers for that year, and or how would I find out (Pontiac was totally no help at all) how many Triple White's were made in 1997 (and other years would be another curiousity)....... Well, fellow muscle-men, can anyone help me?

HerLoss

white
    98 Trans Am

Any pics of yours? Don't think I have seen any triple white cars. I have a 98 Trans Am and a 78 Formula, both in white. I think white Firebirds are some of the sharpest cars.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492966
    dunno if this helps.

My car is kinda rare (all things considered).

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

http://www.marshu.com/ws6-car-gm-fir...-2000-2001.php

There were 41 '97 Formula WS6 'verts and 463 '97 Trans Am WS6 'verts built (you didn't specify if your car was a T/A or Formula). Not sure if there is a color breakdown for that year. But I'm sure triple-whites are at the rare end of the spectrum. I remember MuscleCar Review did a review of a '97 WS6 'vert and it was white (can't remember the interior or top color). They drove it across aligator alley, coast-to-coast in a day.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Attending F-Body Expert Herloss's Avatar
    Beverly Hills, Malibu, Laguna Beach, Hollywood....I WISH.

Triple White Convertible
    1997 WS6 'Vert Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    http://www.marshu.com/ws6-car-gm-fir...-2000-2001.php

There were 41 '97 Formula WS6 'verts and 463 '97 Trans Am WS6 'verts built (you didn't specify if your car was a T/A or Formula). Not sure if there is a color breakdown for that year. But I'm sure triple-whites are at the rare end of the spectrum. I remember MuscleCar Review did a review of a '97 WS6 'vert and it was white (can't remember the interior or top color). They drove it across aligator alley, coast-to-coast in a day.
    Yes, I did forget that, mine is a Trans Am WS6. I had the Pontiac dealer print me an RPO Code breakdown of the options and it is (as I understand all Trans Am's are listed as a "Formula" and then has the Trans Am option code) and of course, it has the TA front end... I never thought there were so many TA Convertibles made that year. WOW. Naturally, I have only ever seen one other 1997 convertible, and a few on the Internet.

I'm going to dig around, I am curious how many had the trip-white setup. It's neat, but not for everyone.

Thanks for the information!
    HL

I've just acquired one its a triple white ws6 trans am converible. The top was changed to an aftermarket one in 06 and they put a black top on it but its pro was white

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Jude, you may not have noticed but you were looking at a posting from 2007. Regardless, congratulations on your new car. If you want an option breakdown chart let me know. The info for most years will tell you how many of a particular model got a particular option but not the total of all of your options combined. You used to be able to get that info from a place called COMPNINE but they have since locked up their data to paying customers only.

Steve
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Thread Information