Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Show Them Off

This is a discussion on Show Them Off within the Convertible forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Thanks!!....I feel better now ..............LOL!!!! J/K!!! Very nice shop!....& Damn!! is that a chevelle also?!!!...

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

Thanks!!....I feel better now..............LOL!!!! J/K!!! Very nice shop!....& Damn!! is that a chevelle also?!!!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD View Post
    Thanks!!....I feel better now..............LOL!!!! J/K!!! Very nice shop!....& Damn!! is that a chevelle also?!!!
    its a '72 i believe looking at the front blinker, its not divided into two like a '71

Ya it's a 72 SS 454. Had that car since the mid 80's. I have more cars just don't have any pictures uploaded.
    That's how it goes, build more space and you still fill it up with more junk.

Wish I had more of the convertable for this thread, thought I did actually somewhere. Maybe someday I'll get the ambition to dig it out of the garage and snap some more pics.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I seem to get that alot, people like the garage more than the car,,,lol

So here is the other half for ya

Click for full size
    I was referring to the cars in it! I love 2nd gen T/A's. And any A body car from the late 60's early 70s.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 01-13-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Ya it's a 72 SS 454. Had that car since the mid 80's. I have more cars just don't have any pictures uploaded.
    That's how it goes, build more space and you still fill it up with more junk.

Wish I had more of the convertable for this thread, thought I did actually somewhere. Maybe someday I'll get the ambition to dig it out of the garage and snap some more pics.
    Why do you let it sit? Just curious. I understand the space thing. I upgraded from a one car (We bought a new house) to a two car garage and I already have a 350 SBC motor (going in a truck body I picked up) and a shitload of LS1 Parts sitting in it that I fully intend to install on my WS6 yet they have been sitting there for half a year already.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I was referring to the cars in it! I love 2nd gen T/A's. And any A body car from the late 60's early 70s.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Why do you let it sit? Just curious. I understand the space thing. I upgraded from a one car (We bought a new house) to a two car garage and I already have a 350 SBC motor (going in a truck body I picked up) and a shitload of LS1 Parts sitting in it that I fully intend to install on my WS6 yet they have been sitting there for half a year already.
    I've semi lost interest in it. Moved out here in Sept of 07 and I've driven it once that I remember, and that was sometime in the fall of last year.
    I do start it up occasionally though, and keep the fluids changed. I have the other cars I'm more interested in driving so it just sits, and sits, and sits,,,,lol. It has more cars parked behind it now.
    My wife has a 4th gen SS also, that is used for a daily ride, Guess after being in hers I don't feel like sitting in mine One of these is probably enough I guess.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I've semi lost interest in it. Moved out here in Sept of 07 and I've driven it once that I remember, and that was sometime in the fall of last year.
    I do start it up occasionally though, and keep the fluids changed. I have the other cars I'm more interested in driving so it just sits, and sits, and sits,,,,lol. It has more cars parked behind it now.
    My wife has a 4th gen SS also, that is used for a daily ride, Guess after being in hers I don't feel like sitting in mine One of these is probably enough I guess.
    One is certainly enough. We just sold our 98 WS6 cause my wife got a brand new car so she never drove it anymore and I have a 2000 so I didn't need to drive it. I'm trying to convince her to let me get another 70-72 Buick Skylark to restore.

One is certainly enough. We just sold our 98 WS6 cause my wife got a brand new car so she never drove it anymore and I have a 2000 so I didn't need to drive it. I'm trying to convince her to let me get another 70-72 Buick Skylark to restore.

Thats the spirit I'd rather drive the old stuff anyway, and love to restore them as well. Just depends on the person I guess.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the 4th gens, but hers is probably enough anymore.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Thats the spirit I'd rather drive the old stuff anyway, and love to restore them as well. Just depends on the person I guess.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the 4th gens, but hers is probably enough anymore.
    Yeah I love older muscle. My dad got me interested in it when I was younger. He drove a 76 Lesabre convertible for years. He took the 350 out and installed a buick 455 with 2 4 barrel carbs and stage 2 heads. That thing was pretty fast for an older car. I do have an old 84 GMC Truck I have been working on but it's not the same. I want either a 70-72 GTO or the same year Cutlass/Skylark Convertible to work on.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Here's my old 1994 Z28 Convertible next to my old WS6

Nice!! Black looks really sharp when it's straight and clean.

My wife had a 97 Z28 convertable 6 speed,,,right up until it was rear ended and totalled a couple years ago. I really liked that car. That's when it got replaced with her current 2000 SS 6 speed, so it wasn't all bad.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Nice!! Black looks really sharp when it's straight and clean.

My wife had a 97 Z28 convertable 6 speed,,,right up until it was rear ended and totalled a couple years ago. I really liked that car. That's when it got replaced with her current 2000 SS 6 speed, so it wasn't all bad.
    LS1>LT1 for sure. I do miss having a convertible but it was worth it to upgrade.

LS1>LT1 for sure. I do miss having a convertible but it was worth it to upgrade.
    I'm probably one of the few where the engine doesn't matter so much. I actually like the LT1's, with more bottom end grunt they are a blast to drive. I've even used LT1's for retrofit swaps in older vehicles, much easier to adapt.

Honestly, I would have replaced hers with another LT1 camaro or bird, but you just can't find a clean enough example to satisfy me, since they are getting so old now. They've all been hacked on in some way, shape or form.
    I considered myself lucky to even find a 2000 SS with only 48,000 miles 2 years ago that wasn't screwed with too much.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

I feel lucky to have gotten mine when I did.

35thLE with 50k on it. Here is a pic the afternoon I picked her up after dealer got it ready. Forgive it being a cell pic.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I'm probably one of the few where the engine doesn't matter so much. I actually like the LT1's, with more bottom end grunt they are a blast to drive. I've even used LT1's for retrofit swaps in older vehicles, much easier to adapt.

Honestly, I would have replaced hers with another LT1 camaro or bird, but you just can't find a clean enough example to satisfy me, since they are getting so old now. They've all been hacked on in some way, shape or form.
    I considered myself lucky to even find a 2000 SS with only 48,000 miles 2 years ago that wasn't screwed with too much.
    They are getting hard to find unmolested for sure

Torch Red
    2000 Corvette

Here is my 2000 C5 vert:

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
    Here is my 2000 C5 vert:

Click for full size

Click for full size
    stingray wannabe?

looks clean though

Torch Red
    2000 Corvette

Oh yeah, you busted me!! I am a stingray wannabe. Man, I am crushed now. Not trying to be a wannabe anything. I don't want my car looking like every other C5 on the road and considering that the hood was custom built by me and friend there are two of them that I know of.
    2000 Convertible- LS6 Intake, Blackwing, Smooth coupler, Comp Cams XR281HR, 918 springs, Chromoly pushrods, titanium retainers, LG Motorsports street system, B&B Bullets, No cats, HP tuning custom tune.SOLD
    2011 Grand Sport convertible- 2011 Brickyard 400 Festival car

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
    Oh yeah, you busted me!! I am a stingray wannabe. Man, I am crushed now. Not trying to be a wannabe anything. I don't want my car looking like every other C5 on the road and considering that the hood was custom built by me and friend there are two of them that I know of.
    nah dude its cool, awsome to have stuff no one else does

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information