Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Finally aquired an SS Vert.

Been a member here for a while but I rarely post. I have a small collection of 10 cars, mainly older muscle car stuff so I am an old school kind of guy, with a couple of newer hotrods thrown in there but just recently picked up a 2002 SS convertable that practically fell into my lap.
    So far I am pretty happy for the most part with the car. Ordered a handfull of goodies and bolt ons from SLP. Wife says I just can't leave anything alone. Larry.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Been a member here for a while but I rarely post. I have a small collection of 10 cars, mainly older muscle car stuff so I am an old school kind of guy, with a couple of newer hotrods thrown in there but just recently picked up a 2002 SS convertable that practically fell into my lap.
    So far I am pretty happy for the most part with the car. Ordered a handfull of goodies and bolt ons from SLP. Wife says I just can't leave anything alone. Larry.
    small collection lol

Awaiting Activation
    Post up some pics of the collection. We would all like to see it / be jelous of the collection.

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

I hope they're all GM.

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

That's not a small collection. I have a small collection,not you.

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Congrats on your new car,Being a collector ,you should undestand what a future collectible you have there,
    And Tread lightly on it with those mods.
    These cars are being hacked to death at an unbelievable rate, would be nice 10 years from now to be able to still find nice Orig cars. I'm in the process of undoing past mods now + the car is only 9 years old.To see what i'm talking about look at the thread Pics of 1 of 1 mystic SS,page 2, I shake my head in disbelief every time I look at those pics,That someone could modify a car like that, + think they are making the car better.All that junk is coming off.To me its like the guy who buys the house in the country for its beauty + then imedietly starts cutting down all the tree's. Its an absolute shame.
    Enough of the preaching, What colors,miles,trans,condition,options,any pics,what else you have for cars?

Thanks for the kudos, I can get some pics no problem, just never tried posting them here, don't know how difficult that is. I know how to upload straight from my computer but don't know if thats possible with this website or not. I can give it a try though.
    Mods planned are very mild. Installing SLP air lid, filter, smooth bellow, throttle body bypass, 160 thermostat, SLP Y-pipe, and thats it really. After it's all on I will take it to a local tuner for a custom tune and then pretty much just leave the car alone.
    Found the car here locally, older lady bought it new from a dealer up the street, and the dealer had done all the service on the car since new, so they were very aware of the car and it's condition. It has 59,000 miles on it, so it was driven a fair amount but only summer time driving. It's navy blue metallic, with a black convertable top, charcoal leather interior.
    It's an automatic, which I wasn't real fond of, but I can't be too picky on a hard to find covertable SS. She ordered some SLP goodies with it, including the center outlet exhaust with SLP muffler, SS floor mats, and an SS car cover. She also told me she ordered the upgraded tire package from SLP, the dealer told me they take off the goodyears and install BFG KDWS's, sounded strange to me but it is what it is.
    As far as the rest of my junk, yes it is all GM for the most part. 72 SS 454 chevelle, 70 Firebird Formula, 88 Iroc, 56 Nomad, 97 Z28 convertable, 79 chevy 1 ton truck, (gotta have a tow vehicle) 82 Jeep scrambler with
    LT1/4L60E, 71 454 corvette, another 05 Jeep rubicon as well. I may have to liquidate a couple, plan on moving to Arizona soon, it's going to be a job for sure.
    I will play around with pictures for sure. I would love to get them all side by side for 1 shot but I don't think I have the room in the driveway for that. I will experiment and see what I can do. Larry.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Nice collection! It sounds like your pretty much a DIE HARD CHEVY MAN! Awesome! I to have a Chevelle. Its an original azure torquise, 396, 325horse 4-speed. With only 325 horse, and a ton of more weight than my Camaro, it will still blow it away.

Thanks man, I like the old school stuff, it's what I grew up on. Glad to hear of another chevelle owner. I've had mine over 20 years. It is stock appearing but runs 11.40's, my favorite car to play with, keeps me from modifying the others too extensively.
    Yes I am a die hard chevy guy with a soft spot for old pontiacs too.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Thanks man, I like the old school stuff, it's what I grew up on. Glad to hear of another chevelle owner. I've had mine over 20 years. It is stock appearing but runs 11.40's, my favorite car to play with, keeps me from modifying the others too extensively.
    Yes I am a die hard chevy guy with a soft spot for old pontiacs too.
    Awesome. I work for Performance Years! Its a classic Pontiac company specializing in GTO, Firebird, and full size restorations.
    performanceyears.com

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by mystic-z View Post
    Congrats on your new car,Being a collector ,you should undestand what a future collectible you have there,
    And Tread lightly on it with those mods.
    These cars are being hacked to death at an unbelievable rate, would be nice 10 years from now to be able to still find nice Orig cars. I'm in the process of undoing past mods now + the car is only 9 years old.To see what i'm talking about look at the thread Pics of 1 of 1 mystic SS,page 2, I shake my head in disbelief every time I look at those pics,That someone could modify a car like that, + think they are making the car better.All that junk is coming off.To me its like the guy who buys the house in the country for its beauty + then imedietly starts cutting down all the tree's. Its an absolute shame.
    Enough of the preaching, What colors,miles,trans,condition,options,any pics,what else you have for cars?
    all original here

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^i'm sorry, jk might be worth something someday

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Congrats on your purchase
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

black
    1998 ss

convert

congrats on the buy, wondering if the car came with a stock tonneau cover.if not i have a spare tonneau cover i can sell you.

Yes it came with the tonneau cover. Although I will never use it, with all the convertables I have had,,,I never seem to leave the top down long enough to warrant sticking it on. lol Thanks though, appreciate the offer. Now if I can just find a nice original SS spoiler. Hmmmm
    I can still get it through GM, my cost $350 (List for $530) and another $100 for the brake light. I don't want one that bad,,,ouch! Larry.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Shouldn't it already have an SS spoiler?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Shouldn't it already have an SS spoiler?
    this thread needs pics

Well,,,should? Probably,,,but neither the original owner and the dealer that sold the car new recall this SS having that rear spoiler. I was able to talk to the salesman that sold the car new, he remembers the car, as they didn't sell that many SS models, (small town) but also remembers the car well, because she always brought the car in there for it's regular maintenance, so it was there off and on for the last 5 years, and the salesman deosn't recall the car having that spoiler. Who knows, but I like the SS spoiler and will probably install one anyway when I come accross a decent GM piece. Don't really want to pay $350 for a new one at this time, but I may have to if a used one doesn't pop up. Larry.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Well,,,should? Probably,,,but neither the original owner and the dealer that sold the car new recall this SS having that rear spoiler. I was able to talk to the salesman that sold the car new, he remembers the car, as they didn't sell that many SS models, (small town) but also remembers the car well, because she always brought the car in there for it's regular maintenance, so it was there off and on for the last 5 years, and the salesman deosn't recall the car having that spoiler. Who knows, but I like the SS spoiler and will probably install one anyway when I come accross a decent GM piece. Don't really want to pay $350 for a new one at this time, but I may have to if a used one doesn't pop up. Larry.
    ss comes factory with rear spoiler

Right, but this car seems to not be the norm. As I said, neither the original owner I purchased the car from, or the dealer that sold it new don't recall the rear spoiler ever being on the car. Seems very strange but the car is legit, it was pampered, garaged and covered. Original paint is flawless on this car other than the usual rock chips up front.
    But it's not really that much of an issue with me and it wasn't going to keep me from buying such a hard to find model in a color that I like. I like both spoilers but I will probably switch it over sometime in the future. Larry.

Thread Information