Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

convertible subframe connectors

looking into getting a set of subframe connectors for my 02 trans am vert. what kind of differences have you noticed in street driving with these?? plus what about avg cost to have welded in? i'm new to performance mods so i dont have any local connections for things like this yet. thanks!

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

there are the straight ones like BMR and the triangular (connected in center) such as SLP and KBDD.
    I prefer the triangulated ones... It makes a good difference when going over road irregularities, since there is less body flex. I noticed a huge difference going over train tracks.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I run the BMR SFC. Tighten up the whole chassis.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

pshh like ed knows :crazy: lol j/k yea bmr makes good stuff. but you will see alot more predictability with what your car will do. and the feel of the car hugging the road in turns is increased like 1000%

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

now all i need is a better paying job

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02nbmvert View Post
    now all i need is a better paying job
    dont we all.

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

psh... i just got my car not too long ago and i'm eager to start modding but i'm out of work on short term disability only making 2/3rds of my salary for whats shaping up to be at least a month... im too young for this shit!

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I run the BMR SFC. Tighten up the whole chassis.
    Same here. They tuck up nicely and tie the frame together very well.

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

I put the bmr weld ons on mine, very nice.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

they make it feel a LOT better. takes curves noticeably faster, under hard acceleration in a straight line it takes less control of the steering wheel, takes bumps better, and feels better on the highway

bmr weld ons
    $100 to get them installed.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Ran BMR tubular weld ins on my vert, best mod I did to it.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Back in the day I bought a new 96 Z28 'vert. The only real vert SFC's were from SLP. That was the 1st mod on the car (I'd had convertibles before). It stiffened the car up as good as if not better than a hardtop car with SFC's. Regardless of make it's well worth the $$$. Not only that but you'll continue to be able to put the top up and have it still align properly.

Are they all weld ins? I was thinking about doing this but I am not very interested in burning the paint off.

I know on cars like my 70 Formula both bolt ins and weld ins are made,,,and the bolt ins use existing holes and existing bolts so nothing needs to be drilled as well,,,very nice when trying to make an attempt to preserve a rare car.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Are they all weld ins? I was thinking about doing this but I am not very interested in burning the paint off.

I know on cars like my 70 Formula both bolt ins and weld ins are made,,,and the bolt ins use existing holes and existing bolts so nothing needs to be drilled as well,,,very nice when trying to make an attempt to preserve a rare car.
    The good is far stronger than the bad.

Actually for what I do with the car,,,,I don't need the good. And I would rather have something that would bolt in and is easily removed without issues rather than weld and burn the paint off the underside, that doesn't really interest me on a car that has floors painted body color, it's not that easy to repair and touch up.

I have had bolt on connectors on my 70 formula and noticed a difference right away driving around, but I don't get into road racing and they did nothing for me at the drag strip, plus I didn't like looking at them from a side view, they were too noticable, so I took them off. Nice thing about that is since they were bolt ons, it's like they were never there.
    I have seen connectors on the 4th gens, and some of them do tuck up in there nicely but there is no way I am going to weld connectors to the floor on my 02 SS convertable, for much the same reason I won't put a cage in the car either. If it can't be done cleanly without screwing up paint, metal, interior etc...then it just won't get done.

Now if someone made a nice bolt in connector I would take a hard look at it. Then again, as picky as I am I would be better off making my own to suite my needs

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I have weld on sfc's and mine don't show up at all from the side. I do know what you're talking about with the showing up and all but I don't have that problem. Mine are clean looking. I don't autocross either but I do go for spirited drives and I have even more fun now that I've got them on now.

In a straight line I feel less twist from the chassis and I mean the car feels incredible for $200!

I completely understand,,,I am not knocking subframe connectors, I actually would love to put them on the car,,,,I am just not willing to weld on it.
    Something about grinding off paint and then welding to a perfectly good car makes me cring. I just can't do it.
    Now if the car was rusty and needed repair then it wouldn't bother me so much. But when you are talking about my 70 Formula Ram air III of which they only made 293 of,,,,or my 02 SS Vert that is also low production, I just can't bring myself to do any mods that are perminent,,,or at the very least difficult to remove later without major repair and paint work,,,,,know what I mean?
    Now if there were some bolt ons that were hidden fairly well like you mentioned yours are,,,,I would probably go that route,,,but I'm not breaking out the mig any time soon on my car,,,,I am wierd that way

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

The thing is I NEVER plan on parting with my car, we're married... Till death do us part or if somebody hits it... I understand your angle too

yellow
    2002 CETA

I have a set of Don Goetz sfc that are bolt on! I haven't put them on yet but they seem excellent quality! I also got a stb (which I did install) and a tunnel brace from him as well!

You have my interest. Any pics? Is there a website I can go to and check these out?

Thread Information