FOR SALE: 1998 Trans Am WS6 - $5,400/OBO
This is a discussion on FOR SALE: 1998 Trans Am WS6 - $5,400/OBO within the Vehicles For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; I am selling my 1998 Trans Am WS6 which I have owned & enjoyed for nearly 10 years. The car ...
09-16-2016, 05:00 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Dunedin, FL
- 1998 Trans Am WS6
FOR SALE: 1998 Trans Am WS6 - $5,400/OBO
I am selling my 1998 Trans Am WS6 which I have owned & enjoyed for nearly 10 years. The car is a true WS6 (RPO codes are pictured) and is completely stock with the exception of the exhaust.
The factory options on the care are: LS1 with automatic transmission, t-tops, 3:23 posi rear end, black exterior with tan leather interior, monsoon sound system.
The car has 172K miles so it is far from perfect, but has been properly maintained its whole life. There are many new/rebuilt parts which I will list below later.
First let's start with the issues...
Cosmetically the car looks good and I still receive many compliments on it when it is cleaned up, but it is a definite "10 footer" in my opinion.
- Rear passenger 1/4 - scratches & a small dent and the beginning of cracking to a small section of paint towards the top of the 1/4.
- Rear driver 1/4 - scratches under the gas cap.
- Front nose/hood/mirrors - general road chips & bug wear
The red "Pontiac" on the bumper and "Trans Am" on the doors are just vinyl overlays and can be easily removed if desired.
Driver Seat - bottom has stitching that has come undone and typical lumbar wear.
Passenger Seat - rip on the bottom & stitching coming loose.
Headliner - does not sag, but does have a rip in the fabric only on the driver side.
- P1153 SES Code comes up intermittently
- Power Antanae rarely works
- Driver Side Window is slow (but always goes up/down with a little help)
- Radio cuts in & out. The radio was wired for a sound system by the previous owner, so not sure if it is just a wiring issue or if the HU is going bad.
The car has 172K miles but has always been maintained any many parts are new/rebuilt. I have spent quite a bit of money to ensure that any problems were addressed as they arose, and have kept detailed receipts of these repairs which will be included in the sale. Recent work includes:
- Replaced both knock sensors and knock sensor harness (intake was removed and thoroughly cleaned)
- Replaced plugs & wires
- Replaced rear main seals
- Replaced front main seal & timing cover gasket
- Replaced oil pan gasket (oil pain was removed & thoroughly cleaned)
- Replaced harmonic balancer
- Replaced Oil Pressure sender
- Replaced both rear axle seals & rear end fluid
- Replaced both engine mounts
- Replaced power steering pump & high pressure hose
- Replaced PCV valve & line
- Replaced AC Line (condenser to receiver) & re-charged AC
- Transmission Fluid Flushed - all new gaskets, filter & fluid
- Coolant system flushed - all new coolant added
All of the work above was done within the last 100 miles by Powertech Performance of St. Petersburg, FL.
- New Dash Cap (overlay)
- New Trans Am Embroidered Floor Mats (not in pictures)
- Replaced driver side catalytic converter (high flow) & 2 oxygen sensors
- Replaced fuel filter
- Replaced Alternator
- Replaced AIR (Smog) Pump
- Replaced Brake Pads & Rotors
Replaced AC Compressor, AC Drier & AC Belt
Replaced transmission mounts
- Transmission completely rebuilt by Dunedin Transmissions, Dunedin, FL
- Replaced water pump
- New front parking/turn signal lamp lenses
I have also bought, but not yet installed:
- New outer door window sweeps for both doors (current ones need replaced)
- Door hinge bushing kit for both doors (driver door sags)
These items will be included with the car as will a car cover.
The car has always had its oil changed with Mobil 1 synthetic and a Mobil 1 filter (have receipts) and only premium gas has been used since I've owned it. Florida title is clear and in hand.
I am asking $5,400 OBO. The car is located near Clearwater, Florida. Please call/text Chris 813-541-4319 if interested.
1998 WS6 Slideshow by a1988montess | Photobucket
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By trailblazer ssss in forum Vehicles For Sale / TradeReplies: 8Last Post: 06-05-2008, 02:05 PM
By Don in forum Vehicles For Sale / TradeReplies: 14Last Post: 06-24-2007, 05:41 AM
By ThatOneGuy001 in forum Vehicles For Sale / TradeReplies: 33Last Post: 04-06-2007, 05:35 PM
By Redbull in forum Vehicles For Sale / TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 03-02-2006, 07:24 PM