Black
    1998 Trans Am

Priced To Sell This Time!!!! 95 Z28/th350 $1700!!! Oklahoma! ##PICS ADDED##

Located in oklahoma... $1700... need to sell ASAP! no trades please

The Car:

-1995 Z28

-LT1 all stock

-th350 (3speed auto) built tough with B&M shift kit

-no options except for ASR (traction control)

-Green exterior with black/grey cloth interior

-stock salad shooters with curb rash

Genreal Info:

the car is pretty much stock from what it seems. K$N filter on stock intake setup. everything works fine with the engine but probably needs to be refreshed some time soon. i bought the car at 160k... it now reads 170k on the odometer. tranny swap was done about 3k ago and it hasnt had a speedo since then. there's about 3-4k on the tranny... it shifts strong and more crisp than any shift i've ever felt. all the way around the car there are little scratches or scuffs on the paint. i believe it is the original paint. it is a good car but its destined to be a track queen. i would love to turn it into one but now is not the time in my life to do so... so someone else can do it.

The Bad:

-no speedo because of the tranny swap

-flywheel is warped and needs to be swapped (still runs okay though.... new flywheel included)

-a wire must be grounded out somewhere because the taillights and dash lights have gone out... i cant really find the wire... fuse blows immediately so... yea.

-one foglight cracked so i took both of them out

-typical dash crack

-exhaust cut over the rear axle... no muffler/tips... sounds pretty darn good though

besides those things the car is fine. like i said there are no options except for ASR which works just fine. car is still really strong. i have only had it for about 10k miles so i dont know if the engine has been rebuilt or not... im thinking it has though because of its strength.

its a good car that needs minor minor minor work done to it to be a daily driver. and its perfect for anyone who wants to pull the motor, freshen it up, and turn the car into an all out beasts. no added weight with power options.

here are a few pics...

$1700!!!!!!!!!! i need the cash ASAP! LOCAL IS BETTER! Somebody take this car!

314-479-9195... call me anytime!
    Last edited by sdavis2702; 04-28-2007 at 06:18 AM.

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

bump

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

bump

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

bump

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

bump

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

id love to, but the lack of a speedo is scarin me away from it. idk how much that would be to buy and install.

also id like to know how much motor work would need to be done to "freshen it up" etc.

if it was a DD, how much work would need to go into it

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    id love to, but the lack of a speedo is scarin me away from it. idk how much that would be to buy and install.

also id like to know how much motor work would need to be done to "freshen it up" etc.

if it was a DD, how much work would need to go into it
    replace the flexplate.... which comes with the car. find where the wire is shorted out causing the taillights (brake and reverse lights are fine) to not work, and thats it. the no speedo issue can be fixed one of 2 ways. 1: put a 4L60E back in there. 2: a tranny shop can put a little gear in the tailshaft and run it by cable.... costs no more that $100.

oh and about freshening it up... i say rebuild it JUST BECAUSE. hasnt shown that it needs it. i'm just paranoid like that because it has so many miles and i bought it that way. its a "better safe than sorry" kinda thing IMO

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

come on guys... go ahead and tally up parting the car out.... can you say PROFIT? i just dont have time for that. if anybody here likes "return on investment"... this will do you some good. not too far from being a DD either!

bump

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i know uve given out alot of info already... but just be straight up with me and be honest. how much cash will it take to make this car RUN (if it runs bad now). then, how much cash will it take to make it a reliable DD

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

approximately...

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

the car "runs" fine. like the engine isnt shot... the tranny isnt shot... the suspension isnt shot. the tail lights dont work. the flexplate is scraping the starter at high rpms... which is most likely due to a warped flywheel. the start has been replaced... flexplate hasnt. but i have the new one. there is no properly operating speedo because of the tranny swap. swap the flexplate, find the shorted out wire... and i'm telling you its good to drive.

the car was my daily driver!!! i went to iraq in september of 05 so i put it in storage. i got back in september of 06 and took it out of storage. i drove it for about 2 weeks... then i used my iraq money 2 buy 2 other fbodies.... since then.... the Z has been sitting. thats the truth. the ONLY other issue i ever have is a vacuum hose that runs to the back of the th350 to the vacuum modulator. sometimes it pops off. at that time... i have to jack the car up, put the hose back on, and go on about my business.

but honestly... the car blue books at about 2600. the problems i listed led me to setting a price of $2200 obo. and because i wanted it gone... i dropped it to $1700. its a steal plain and simple. let me know if you have any more questions. please dont hesitate to ask

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

on just kinda confused on this part... u said there is a new flywheel included in your original post. u also say there is a new flexplate included in ur last post.... u have both of those new items? or no...

forgive me for being dumb, idk what a flexplate is. also, if theres no flywheel included, how bad is that problem and how much would that cost me

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

thank you for all this info

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i see ur still viewin the thread lol....
    would u by any chance be able to do a walk around video of the car, while running, maybe a little idle and revving etc?

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

lol i wasnt viewing the thread man. i just forgot to close the window. sure i will TRY today to do the video for you.

about the flywheel/flexplate deal. its an automatic. i have the very bad habit of calling the flexplate a flywheel (which is what a manual tranny uses). i have a friend here who always asks me questions about the car. and everytime i say flywheel he corrects me...

well... the first post in here is a cut and paste from when i was gonna sell it a few months ago (i changed a sentence or 2 to make it current ofcourse)... back when i was in the bad habit of calling it a flywheel. now... i'm in the habit of calling it what it is... a flexplate. thats all lol. im not a scammer man. hit up Z28.com and ask them about me... i have credibility over there lol. but yea i will try my best to do that for you and i will post it in here. if i dont have it done by the end of today.... remind me. i have a lot of things going on right now!

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    on just kinda confused on this part... u said there is a new flywheel included in your original post. u also say there is a new flexplate included in ur last post.... u have both of those new items? or no...

forgive me for being dumb, idk what a flexplate is. also, if theres no flywheel included, how bad is that problem and how much would that cost me
    oh yea.... now that we know i was only talking about one thing when i say flywheel or flexplate... i can answer your question.

jack the car up, unscrew the 6 bolts holding the tranny to the engine. unscrew the 3 bolts holding the torque converter to the flexplate. unscrew the flexplate from the engine. put the new one on. bolt the tranny back in place. bolt the torque converter back to the flexplate, and go drive the freakin car lol. thats how much it costs.

from what it seems like though... you might not be that much of a car guy. i hate to rag on my own sale here. but if you arent a car guy, i dont suggest buying this car. its got a lot of miles and its reaching the end of its life. if you dont plan on overhauling it, or parting it out... just using it as a DD as is i dont suggest man. it is right there at being a DD easily. but let me put it like this. if i'm driving, and one of the 13 year old hoses gets so brittle that it brakes and i have a leak... i can find it, temporarily fix it, fix it forreal when i get the chance, and keep the car on the road. if you're not one of those kinda guys... please dont depend on this car to do everything you need.

i probably just ruined my own thread but hey... i'm not here to false advertise. the car is what it is guys... and its only $1700... think about what it is and tell me thats not a steal!

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

car is really close to what im looking for
    would u be willing to take 1500 from a serious buyer to get rid of it?
    what is the stall on the torq converter?

iTrader

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    car is really close to what im looking for
    would u be willing to take 1500 from a serious buyer to get rid of it?
    what is the stall on the torq converter?
    if you are gonna ask questions like that one about the price... you might wanna consider accepting private messages. i dont wanna tell you yes to something in here and then you dont buy... then i'm obligated to tell other people the same. got AIM or something?

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

yea... its drewhenderson13 also
    sorry but i couldnt figure out how to send u pms
    didnt know i had to set that stuff up

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

well im only 16... i plan on being a car guy. as of right now im still learning... being on this site, maintaining my car, and taking an engines class in school, and taking an autos class next year in school.

it is a steal. but i think ur right and i just would rather not do all of that work for it, only cuz it'd end up being my dd and id want it to be a little more reliable

thanks for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information