iTrader

Black 1999 Trans Am - $6400, Limited Guarantee

Black 1999 Pontiac (Firebird) Trans Am. V8 Automatic. Clean title. With WS6 style hood. T-tops and leather interior. 149,xxxx miles. Runs well, has a few minor dings inside and out, good sound system needs a few parts. Water pump, spark plugs, alternator, suspension, etc. have been fixed up recently. Have some records. Car has been given the okay by many shops, i.e., is sound mechanically, but open to full inspection. Giving one-year guarantee, toward certain repairs should they become needed. Not a fire sale, but make me an offer. Might sweeten deal for quick sale or might not sell at all.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 07-05-2010 at 08:34 AM.

iTrader
    Looks like I won't sell at all. I've listed the car in a few places, and it has bombed everywhere. Are my terms very unappealing, or is it more about the market in general?

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

miles are high, not a ws6. these are going for 3000- 5000 on ebay a lot.

iTrader
    I don't think buying a car from eBay is a good idea and I can't find such listings, but nonetheless that's valuable information. I think my car probably is worth more than those cars, but if the difference between that and my asking price is too much, then no sale.

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    I don't think buying a car from eBay is a good idea and I can't find such listings, but nonetheless that's valuable information. I think my car probably is worth more than those cars, but if the difference between that and my asking price is too much, then no sale.
    i have bought 4 from ebay. no real problems with any of them.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    i have bought 4 from ebay. no real problems with any of them.
    I have bought a car and sold one on ebay never had an issue.

But yes for your car they do sell cheaper

iTrader
    Can someone point me to a high-mileage clone on eBay? I tried its search engine - terrible.

iTrader
    Secret.

Just because there isn't one on there RIGHT now doesn't mean they haven't been in the past few months. Had a friend buy one with 6k more miles on it than yours for 3800. Like it was stated earlier..the miles are high, most people are scared to run a v8 sports car very hard with that many miles..especially if they want it to be a DD as well...

Just my two cents, I'm currently looking to buy one once I sale my 07 Grizzly 700 and I'll shoot ya an offer than. Shouldn't be long and I'll PM ya, unless I can find someone to trade me.

Good luck though.

iTrader
    2000 ss/1994 z28/1979 z28

yeah, the miles are a little high. But good luck!

iTrader
    Thanks, but you're in Illinois, so I don't see how that would work.

By the way, I'm not recommending it for more than moderate driving and definitely not for racing. I guess I'm looking for someone who badly wants a car with the hood now but not for much driving, who is rather focused on safety without hassle (suspension, brakes, etc.), and whose budget is limited. (Like me.) Maybe I'll lower the price slightly.

iTrader
    Thanks for the examples. Yeah, the last one looks like a good buy, if the condition is decent. On the other hand, it's older than mine, white, and with a bad-looking exterior crack. Also, shipping not included. (I strongly prefer to sell my car locally.) I noticed a guy is asking for $7000 for one like mine, assuming from the hood and no "WS6" text that it's a clone. Edit: its miles are much lower. Prices are so random. I wonder how much a slew of new parts, no significant problems, and the hood are worth.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 07-08-2010 at 11:22 AM.

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Thanks for the examples. Yeah, the last one looks like a good buy, if the condition is decent. On the other hand, it's older than mine, white, and with a bad-looking exterior crack. Also, shipping not included. (I strongly prefer to sell my car locally.) I noticed a guy is asking for $7000 for one like mine, assuming from the hood and no "WS6" text that it's a clone. Edit: its miles are much lower. Prices are so random. I wonder how much a slew of new parts, no significant problems, and the hood are worth.
    if you have a "real" ws6 hood about 650-750 depending on color.

when people say new parts yeah it nice that they are new, but it doesn't mean much to people.

iTrader
    Secret.

Coming from a guy in the market to buy one...Telling people you don't recommend it for "sports car" driving isn't a great sales point...I'm not gonna buy another trans am to putt around in town in. It's not a terrible price, but if your asking for opinions and why it isn't getting hit on as much as you would like I think everyone here is giving you a pretty good idea.

As far as new parts...with 150k on the clock I wouldn't even think about buying one without some new parts with that many miles unless it was dirt cheap, to me I just think it's on its last leg and they are parting before it goes..

Again..just my two cents. Also, unless I missed them can you post some more pics?

iTrader
    I was just being honest. I wouldn't put that in an ad. I do appreciate the feedback from all of you.

As for pics, I don't have any other good ones. If someone is seriously interested, then maybe I'll get more taken and PM them and some already done.

iTrader
    14 (100%)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Is this still for sale or not? If its not for sale, we need to either start another thread in the Firebird area or I can move this to the Firebird area.

iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

at the end of the day a car will sell for what someone is willing to pay. I guess it all depends on how big of a hurry you are to get rid of it. If you feel the car is worth what you're asking and you're not in a hurry then more power to you. Just know that it may take the right person to buy it.
    Good luck with you sale. Also, if you can park it somewhere locally with a sign where it'll get views that would help a bunch.

iTrader
    Yes, definitely still for sale. Let's say $6200.

I'd put a sign up, but I doubt anybody in my neighborhood with enough money would want it. Maybe I should hang out in bars and park the car nearby for the right demographic to see it

iTrader
    14 (100%)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Yes, definitely still for sale. Let's say $6200.

I'd put a sign up, but I doubt anybody in my neighborhood with enough money would want it. Maybe I should hang out in bars and park the car nearby for the right demographic to see it
    Good enough, and thank you

Thread Information