iTrader

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Convertible 11K Miles

Wish you could go back in time and buy a new muscle car for less than the original price that it originally sold for from the dealer? This is your chance. 2002 was the last year for the Pontiac Firebird and the end for Pontiac was just around the corner. If you had the money in 2002, this car has all the options you would have wanted and it is still in nearly new condition with an amazingly low 11,000 miles! Original sticker price was $37,305.00.

I’m asking $21,900.00 but will consider serious offers.

Mileage: 11,000 original miles (actual may be slightly more due to test and maintenance drives prior to sale)

Color: Navy Blue Metallic with Taupe (Tan) interior and top

Factory Options: Automatic Transmission, power locks, power windows, power convertible top, Monsoon 8-speaker audio system with steering wheel controls, leather seating with 6-way power adjustment and lumbar support, leather steering wheel and shifter handle, limited slip differential, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, pass-key II anti-theft system, content theft alarm, rear window defogger, air conditioning, remote keyless entry, cruise control, Option Group 1SA, Ram Air WS6 package (hood scoops, 17” polished wheels, low restriction exhaust, tuned suspension, power steering cooler), trunk mounted 12 disk CD player, Traction Control, Performance 3:23 rear axle ratio, 50 state low emissions vehicle. Original MSRP was $37,305.

Rarity: This car is not super rare but neither is it common by any means. As a final year, late production unit, this vehicle has every option offered in a factory production Trans Am convertible. There were a total of 30,690 Firebirds of all configurations produced in 2002. Of those 2,696 Trans Am Convertible WS6’s were produced. Of those, 1,490 were automatic transmission and 127 were Navy Blue Metallic. According to the Compnine database of GM Vehicle Options this car is one of 6 produced with the same number of or the exact same options.

Mechanical condition: Everything on this vehicle works. There are no mechanical issues or damage and no repairs are required, just buy, drive, and enjoy!

Modifications: All of the changes that I have made are either cosmetic or to increase reliability and prevent common problems that are known issues with 4th generation Firebirds. All changes from stock are easily reversible. All stock parts that have been removed are included or available. No internal engine or emissions changes have been made so the vehicle is still fully compatible with its original as-built 50-State emissions standards.

-Added gold hood stripes and emblem enhancements. I have an original set of gray GM new old stock (NOS) Ram Air decals for the hood available.
    -Installed rare Last of the Breed fender badging. This was available as an over the counter enhancement in 2002 to celebrate the end of the Firebird line and are very desirable and hard to find today.
    -Changed stock polished aluminum Speedline wheels and tires for a set of rare Corvette N73 magnesium wheels with Nitto 555 tires (less than 2000 miles on tires) balanced on a Hunter Road Force machine. The wheel color matches the vehicle better than the stock wheels I think. These are some of the lightest wheels GM ever made and originally were a $2000 option on Corvettes. I have a spare front and rear wheel available. Buyer has choice of the N73s or the nearly perfect stock polished aluminum Speedline wheels and original tires (approx. 8500 miles).
    -Computer reprogrammed by LSX guru Frost.com for faster shifting and better performance.
    -Installed Autotrix wiring for the passenger side window motor to provide full battery power to the motor to prevent early failure. This is a common issue with GM F body cars and this kit was installed purely to prevent a known problem.
    -Installed SLP under car ram air system and Blackwing filter (can be reversed at buyer’s request). Car comes with stock intake lid and a Blackwing lid (not shown in photo) is available for purchase.
    -Installed TA Performance aluminum rear cover to provide increased fluid cooling during operation and easy fluid changing. Original steel cover included.
    -Installed SLP Loud Mouth II cat back exhaust and Y-pipe with dual tip outlets; sounds great! Original exhaust with single cut included with sale.
    -Installed LSX fuel rail pressure gauge to monitor the critical fuel pressure (not shown in photo).
    -Installed BMR lower control arm relocation brackets to increase traction on launch.
    -Installed UMI bolt on sub frame connectors and shock tower brace to stiffen the chassis. This is a critical improvement on a convertible.
    -Installed a throttle body coolant bypass to prevent overheating the intake fuel/air charge.
    -Installed a dash cover to preserve the perfect original dash pad. These are very susceptible to deterioration by the sun. The one on this car is still perfect.
    -Modified the door panel window weather stripping to relieve pressure and ensure the door panels do not crack. This is strictly preventive maintenance for a very common Firebird problem due to GM stapling the weather stripping too tightly to the plastic door panels. The door panels on this car are perfect.

History: This vehicle had one owner in Indiana from new until 2009 when it was sold in July through an auction with 6,454 miles. I bought the car from a Chicago specialty dealer in high end collectible and sports cars in October 2009. The vehicle has never had an accident or major repair. It has always been stored inside. Since I have owned it, I have had two dealer repairs performed. A catalytic converter failed and was replaced under the GM extended emissions warranty in 2009. The ignition relay failed and was replaced by my local GM dealer in 2012. Since owning the car, I have taken it to a few cruises and local car shows and only driven it on sunny dry days. I have changed all of the fluids and maintained the paint, convertible top, interior and leather in top condition. This car has never been raced but has occasionally been given the full throttle during cruises on the open road. It is also the April Car of the Month for the 2015 LS1 calendar.

Included: Included with the sale of this car are the original floor mats, convertible tonneau cover with bag, 2 keys with remote fobs, owner’s manual packet, wheel lock key, and original window sticker. Anything noted in the above description stating “available” means the item can be purchased for an additional negotiated fee. Anything that gives the buyer an option between two choices such as the choice of wheels means the buyer may select one of the two and the remaining choice reverts to the seller unless purchase is negotiated for an additional fee at the time of sale.

Warranty: This is a used vehicle; no warranty is implied or promised. It is strictly sold on an as-is-where-is basis. It is a 13 year old vehicle and has some small imperfections in paint and interior due to normal careful use. Buyers are invited to see the vehicle in person and have a mechanic inspect with me present.

Delivery: Buyer to pick up or arrange transport from my location in Manassas, Virginia. For out of country buyers I can deliver the car to the port of Baltimore but it will increase mileage from that currently stated.

Spare Parts: I have amassed a huge collection of NOS and gently used parts to support this vehicle. The buyer gets first choice of buying any additional parts at my best price. I will consider a full package deal for everything but the list of spares is significant and I will not begin to sell them until the car is sold. Don't bother to ask about selling spares until I've sold the car.

Why am I selling? I simply don’t use the car enough to justify keeping it any longer. It needs an owner who has time to appreciate this fantastic vehicle. I am fully confident in the condition of this vehicle and would drive it anywhere today without hesitation.

Contact: Steve Green (703) 794-7409 for further information and to make an appointment to see the vehicle.

iTrader

White
    '10 ZR1

What an absolutely beautiful car - I don't think it will take long to sell it. GLWS!

iTrader

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Last chance if anyone is interested. It goes on the car transport next week headed to Missouri.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I just wish I had the funds right now.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Thread Information