iTrader
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 - SOLD

2001 Trans Am WS-6 w/ 57k

My WS-6 is now available on eBay! Here's the link & happy bidding! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280359945463

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS-6. 57,000 miles, 6-Speed Manual, Arctic White over Ebony leather. Extremely clean and well-maintained. This WS-6 is completely stock, has newer Hankook Ventus tires (Z-rated), and is always garaged. Now for some specifics:

Interior – Leather is in excellent condition. As is the case for most F-bodies, the rear seats show no wear. Both front seats are in exceptional condition, with only the slightest wear on the drivers side bolster. There is no cracking, splitting, or rips on the leather upholstery, only a slightly worn look on the drivers seat bolster. The carpets show almost no wear at all, including the floor mats, which are original. The T-Tops are in very nice shape, with no visible defects from outside of the car. From inside the car, there is very slight bubbling of the laminate on the driver’s side T-Top. Both door panels are in great shape overall, but there is a 1 inch long crack on the top edge of the driver’s door panel (unfortunately I couldn’t get to it in time to pull those giant metal staples that cause the cracking). The factory Monsoon sound system works flawlessly (including the steering wheel mounted audio controls), and does not have any blown speakers (another common problem with these cars).

Exterior – For starters, this car has no existing paintwork or body damage. The only panel that has been repaired is the front bumper. There is an accident that shows up on CarFax, but I have had this vehicle inspected by numerous professional appraisers, and the only evidence of any prior repair is the front bumper. I, of course, was skeptical when I purchased the car, but when folks who appraise cars for a living told me that only a bumper had been repaired, I felt very comfortable purchasing this car. There is a very small scrape on the very middle of the front bumper below the license plate mount that is about 1 inch in length. The Trans Am logo on the center panel between the tail lights has faded somewhat. A few of the wheels show some moderate curb rash on the outer edges, which can be repaired, but is to be expected of a car with 57k miles. The tires are in great shape and are showing no signs of abnormal wear.

Mechanical – Being 100% stock, I felt great about purchasing this car. I wanted to buy something that had been enjoyed, but not abused, and that’s exactly what I’m offering for sale. The engine runs very well (just completed a full synthetic oil change the first week of June). The transmission shifts flawlessly and still has the CAGS system functioning properly. The factory exhaust, while somewhat quiet, is in great shape, with no visible deterioration to any of the components. The rear differential (with original WS-6 specific rear end) makes no abnormal noises and exhibits no signs of abuse.

Title/History – Clean and clear. Actual mileage, no title brands. I have it in-hand, so the first serious buyer will have it signed over to them at the time of sale (no waiting on the bank). The was first sold in Arizona, sold to another individual in Arizona, was then purchased by an individual in Fayetteville, NC, and was then sold to me. As I mentioned, there is an account of one accident on the vehicle’s CarFax report, but as I mentioned, the repairs were limited to the front bumper. I would encourage any potential buyer to have this car inspected by a reputable body shop before purchasing if they are concerned about the car’s history. As I said, after having this vehicle inspected for myself, I felt very comfortable with what I was hoping would be a long-term investment in this beautiful car.

I have tried to be as specific as possible with the description of my car, but I you feel that I have left anything out, please let me know. I can be reached at (704) 604-4688, and the car is located just outside of Charlotte, NC.
    Last edited by NCWS6; 06-17-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: More specifics on the car

iTrader

New price: $14,500 O.B.O...the e-bay auction is still running, but I'd like to sell it on my own!

iTrader

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

hey, so how did the sale go?

iTrader

no luck on ebay (its never worked out well for me). i had a local buyer, but now he's fallen through due to some issues with his insurance. thanks for asking, though

iTrader

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

Hey,

I have recently been looking for a trans am. I would like to make an offer on your car but I am currently deployed and will be home in the next months. I would like to take this conversation to emails and see if we could work out a deal that would suit both of us.

Thanks

iTrader

Works for me...my e-mail is sammisb2@hotmail.com

I think you'd be really pleased with this car if you end up buying it. I wanted to keep it as a once-a-week kind of driver, but with a second child on the way, I need to put my dream car on the back burner for another few years. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll try to work something out. Thanks for your service to our country, by the way.

Thread Information