Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2001 ss convertible

This is a discussion on 2001 ss convertible within the Vehicles For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Well it didn't sell. Maybe I was asking too much? Oh well I am done listing it. My wife has ...

iTrader
    1 (100%)

green
    98 formula

Well it didn't sell. Maybe I was asking too much? Oh well I am done listing it. My wife has been mad at me the whole time. I wanted to buy her a new more comfortable fun car. Maybe after almost losing it she will drive it more.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    Well it didn't sell. Maybe I was asking too much? Oh well I am done listing it. My wife has been mad at me the whole time. I wanted to buy her a new more comfortable fun car. Maybe after almost losing it she will drive it more.
    I personally don't think you were asking too much. These things still book in the $14 to $15k neighborhood for a real nice one, so financing isn't an issue. I've seen them priced even higher than that. So I wouldn't give it away. It's just not a good time to sell anything. Everyone wants something for nothing.
    I'd keep enjoying the car while you still have it

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    I don't think you were either. Everyone on ebay is looking for a deal they get you excited with all the bidding at first but it always seems to fall short. Selling an ls1 camaro isn't always easy especially if you are looking for a fair price and getting rid of a convertible is even harder you've got a very small market even in the right season. I've had mine listed for three weeks now and I get low ball offers and scams or kids that can't come up with the money. I know it will sell eventually I just need to find the right buyer.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I don't think you were either. Everyone on ebay is looking for a deal they get you excited with all the bidding at first but it always seems to fall short. Selling an ls1 camaro isn't always easy especially if you are looking for a fair price and getting rid of a convertible is even harder you've got a very small market even in the right season. I've had mine listed for three weeks now and I get low ball offers and scams or kids that can't come up with the money. I know it will sell eventually I just need to find the right buyer.
    Ya I get the same thing. I only put mine up for $12,900, figured I'd come down a grand or two, which is ridiculous for a car that books for $14K to start with. Alot of tire kickers out there.
    Just have to be patient. That time of year is just around the corner for top down weather.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

green
    98 formula

Yeah I know its a small market, and almost the right time of year. I think the main reason is the economy. People are still afraid to spend money on a toy. Its ok though cause it was gonna end up costing me. I had planned on letting my wife pick between a new camaro or mustang. Yeah I said mustang I am a GM guy, but she likes the mustang too. Atleast now I am done with selling it. If she decides to sell I will post a link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information