iTrader

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

2001 SS Camaro - 70,xxx Miles - White

Ok, I’ve decided it’s time to sell the SS. The $$ will be used to finance a few other fun automotive projects (like an LS6 powered Shelby Cobra…) The car is T-topped Arctic White with custom two-tone tan and black leather interior.

NOTE/EDIT : Pictures will follow tonight or tomorrow after a fresh bath.

The details on the car - I bought the car in 2005 with only 32k miles on the clock. It now has 70k and some change. The only modifications the car had when I bought it were the two-tone seats and the Corsa cat-back exhaust. The rest have been under my watchful guard. All the mods were chosen with the driving experience in mind. This car wasn’t modified for drag strip use.

Here’s the rest –
    SLP brand airbox lid with an Amsoil dry-element air filter.
    MAC mid-length headers that have been ceramic coated by an aftermarket coater (not MAC).
    ORY-pipe that I had re-welded with a Flowmaster merged Y.
    The AIR system has been removed but I still have all the parts.
    Rear O2 codes and AIR system malfunction codes have been removed.
    Polyurethane motor mounts.
    Polyurethane transmission mount.
    The T56 received a Stage 1 rebuild around 40k miles by Six Speeds Inc. when 2nd gear went out. The OEM clutch was not completely disengaging…
    LS7 clutch and flywheel with new slave cylinder installed with transmission rebuild.
    ARP flywheel and pressure plate hardware.
    Drill mod performed on OEM hydraulic line.
    B&M Shifter with a red MBA shift knob.
    Spohn strut-tower brace (pointless, I know, but pretty)
    SLP style, welded-in subframe connectors
    Red AMW catch can.
    Window tint by Tomball Tinters.
    I smoothed out the OE throttle body. Not so much of a port-job as I didn’t want to risk screwing up the butterfly seats but it did help with throttle response.
    MSD plug wires on NGK plugs.

I have done zero internal engine mods – all bolt ons.

Here’s the really good stuff – The Suspension
    Koni Double Adjustable shocks at all four corners.
    Eibach 550 lb/inch rate front coil-over springs mounted with Ground Control sleeves.
    Rear springs are 125 lb/inch rate mounted on Ground Control perches.
    Lower ball joints were replaced with the expensive NASCAR-spec Moog units.
    Lower a-arm bushings were replaced with new bushings around 55k miles.
    Aluminum LCAs with rod-end joints.
    Aluminum panhard bar with rod-end joints.
    BMR adjustable torque arm.
    The front sway bar is a BMR solid 32mm. The rear is stock except for polyurethane links.

NOTE: the NVH levels are pretty harsh, as would be expected running springs that stiff and solid joints in the rear. If you drive over a penny, you can tell if Lincoln saw the tread or the pavement. But, she corners like a dream for a live-axle car. As you can see in the pictures, I haven’t slammed her. There’s plenty of room left for articulation while keeping the CG lower than the stock 4x4 stance.

To cope with the NVH, I ditched the craptastic Monsoon. The head unit is now a Kenwood CD player with rear aux-input and the proper adapter faceplate. I’ve wired the aux-input with a Monster RCA cable through the cubby hole next to the cigarette lighter for the use of an MP3 player. For power to the amplifier/sub, I routed a heavy-gauge power wire from a fuse block in the engine compartment to a fused terminal block underneath the passenger side rear panel. From there, the first terminal feeds a 4-channel Alpine amplifier, model MRP F-250. The Alpine feeds the door and sail-panel speakers through new 14 ga. speaker wire. I didn’t reuse the light-gauge Monsoon speaker wire. The speakers were all replaced with Infinity Kappa 62.7i speakers and were heavily matted with sound deadener around the mounts. The 2nd terminal feeds a 10” Audiobahn powered subwoofer tube which sits in the truck compartment. The bass tube has a remote bass-boost control which I routed beneath the carpet into the console. It’s quite convenient when you get to a song that is either too heavy or too light on the bass. To keep it all going, she has an Optima Red Top.

The tires are brand new BFG G-Force Sports mounted on chrome 10-spokes with bowtie center caps.

Brakes are unmodified but were redone with new rotors and pads right after I got her. They were going to be my next upgrade project.

She’s had very regular oil changes with only synthetic oil, usually Castrol Syntec, but I used to buy Royal Purple… Same thing with the rear end and transmission.

The paint is in good shape besides the highway pockmarks on the nose. There is also a touched up spot on the nose of the hood where the garage door caught it on the way down while the car was up on jack stands for the headers installation.

Price – I would like to get $15,000.00 for her as she sits.

For that price I will include all of the OEM suspension parts (except the torque arm, which is in Dallas at my brother’s house – I can get it if you want it) – LCAs, PHR, springs and shocks (the fronts are still attached to the upper mounts), and front sway bar, as well as the stock exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters, OEM y-pipe, and AIR pump system parts.

I would really rather not do it, but if I have to I’ll take the car back to mechanically stock and sell her while parting all the fun stuff out.

Please email all questions to Tobynine9@yahoo.com. I have the car listed on several forums and don’t want to miss any PMs.

The car is in Cypress, Texas which is on the far NW side of Houston. I have positive trader feedbacks on LS1tech if you’re interested.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    iTrader
    12 (100%)

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

holy cow, that sounds like one REALLY nice car. The future owner will be happier than a pig in mud with it. Good luck with the sale and the new build!

iTrader

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Thanks! It's raining here in SE Texas today so no pictures yet...

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Too bad you weren't selling it last June... I would have drove out to pick it up in a heart beat!

iTrader

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

OK! Pics are finally here. Sorry it took so long.

iTrader

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

iTrader

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Price is OBO, of course.

Thread Information