fred

2001 NHRA FORMULA 580 HP@ Flywheel 5,600 MILES

5,600 original miles NHRA SE FORMULA WITH FACTORY INSTALLED GT STRIPE Color: PEWTER METALLIC

For sale is a 2001 NHRA Edition Pontiac Formula. This vehicle is Hand signed on the glove box door by NHRA legends Don Garlits and Shirley Muldowney. This car is 1 of 1 sold by King Orourke Buick Pontiac GMC in New York. This vehicle is a one owner, never raced, show car. This car has been utilized as a calendar car for SLP. This vehicle has 5,600 miles on the odometer. It has never seen rain or snow. This car was purchased from the dealer for $31,265.00 in november of 2001 as it arrived in a NHRA box trailer. A diary of modifications and receipts on hand is at 18,250.00 for a total investment of 49,000.00 and change. This car is immaculate, modified by Vette Doctors, with an aggressive idle, without the smell of raw gas. This car is a forced sale, at a very reasonable price. This car is a multiple 1st place show car at various shows on long island and pennsylvania. The nitrous is a wet system activated by a RPM activated window switch, and fuel pressure switch. It sprays both nitrous and gas, while monitoring airfuel ratio and pressure. It is a fool proof system, that prevents harm to the engine. The nitrous is activated at 3,000 rpm and is shut at 6,000 rpm, or if the throttle is backed off. This prevents nitrous injection during driver error such as a missed shift or over revs. The nitrous was used only for dyno purposes, and never used on the street. This vehicle was built soley for show purposes. This car is a show stopper, that draws an instant crowd with it's early muscle car sound, performance, and does this all with the modern technology of 4 wheel disc brakes, traction control, ABS, airconditioning, 6 speed transmission, power windows, locks, A/C, CD,.This car even has the stock 500 watt 10 speaker monsoon stero system with subwoofer. If your considering this type of vehicle...This is one that needs to be seen and heard..pictures cannot do this car the justice it truly deserves.

This vehicle has been maintained and modified by the Vette Doctors located in Amityville New York. This vehicle produces a Rear wheel horsepower of 495, and Rear wheel torque of 453.9, documented, by the Vette Doctors on a DynoJet Dynometer.

Motor

Stage 2 High Flow Aluminum heads, Ported polished, stainless valves, 2.20” intake, 1.76” exhaust. SLP Roller rockers, and Triple valve springs and retainer kit.

Custom 3" Mandrel exhaust with dynomax 3" bullet resonator
    (which yielded 19 RW HP over Borla on dyno)

Comp Cams 275/283 588” lift cam, Roller Lifters

SLP ceramic coated Long Tube headers, Random Technologies catalyst, Dynomax Bullet Resonator 3” pipe.

Granatelli MAF, Baker hoses, Throttle body by-pass, 160 thermostat.

SLP 60 Pound Fuel injectors, TNT computer controlled 100 shot wet nitrous.

Donaldson original prototype Blackwing intake, Designed by Donaldson Performance Technology.

Suspension

LG motorsports sub frame connectors, G load tower brace, driveshaft loop, and two point roll bar, with race harness. LG engine and transmission mounts.

Interior

Factory Hurst shifter, with Lou's short stick, Nitrous control center, with purge, and SLP electric fan manual controls, Autometer 2 and 5/8 water, exhaust, fuel pressure and nitrous gauges.

Gauages are electric no fuel, or nitrous enters passenger compartment.

Computer has been calibrated for rear axle ratio.

Rear

SLP Heavy duty carrier, with 4.10 gears, shifted by a 6 speed transmission.

Wheels and Tires

American racing rims 17x10.5 rear and 17x 9 front, Nitto 315 40 drag radials rear, 275 40 extreme road race front. These tires are new as of september 05 and have less than 100 miles on them. They were never spun or abused.

Mobile 1 synthetic fluids in motor, tranny and rear end....

Original equipment is included with purchase. This includes stock 16 chrome 5 spoke rims with BFG eagle GSA tires with less than 200 miles on them

I would like to see 17,500.00 for this vehicle...anyone interested can email me truncalesteve@aol.com
    Last edited by fred; 12-04-2005 at 11:14 AM.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

nhra

nice car i like the gauges in the vents, thanks jeremy

fred

Here are more pictures NHRA

Hope you like these too!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

nhra

i have my nos in the same spot, and i have the gauges on the a pillar, love that look of everything, i like the chrome style rims better but those look good with the color. know you just need some cross drilled and slotted rotors, you can see alot through the rims. 9.5 out of 10 in my book no 10 because i don't beleive there is such a thing. everyone has there own scale but i think its sweet. thanks jeremy

fred
    Thanks man,.. I am glad that you like the car. You should hear this bad boy run....It sounds like an old muscle car...the radical cam, and exhaust produce one sweeet sound!

fred
    John, I received your e-mail, I tried to send you a picture of the Dyno sheet, but the e-mail was bounced back..The file is to big, I can mail you a copy if you wish..
    Freddy

fred

dyno sheets

sending to your work address...enjoy!
    430 Off NOS @ rear
    495 On @ rear..if you call ask for carmin..
    GM returned call...1 of 145 produced.
    Last edited by fred; 11-29-2005 at 04:10 PM.

fred
    j lowered to 17,500

iTrader

red
    73 Z28

I'm beginning to think those emails don't go anywhere. I'm really interested in the car. How 'bout a phone number or email that works or some way I can get ahold of you. Glenn

fred

contact

631 889 1213, or the e-mail on the car description page works.

fred

LS1 mail

If anybody is interested contact me at Truncalesteve@aol.com or call 631 889 1213....LS1 private message is not working on my account..if you e-mailed me I am unable to access this mail.
    thanks

iTrader
    I sent you an email and left you a voice message. Please give me a call @713-294-1143. Thanks, Daryl

iTrader
    The car is sold

Thread Information