iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

2001 Camaro SS convertible TX $10k OBO

Car is located in San Antonio, TX. Originally a fair weather car from Michigan. It's always been garaged as far as I know. Clear and free title.

This is a rare car, rare color, and rare options. It would not cost much to get this car back to perfect, and it's still beautiful as is. Price is very negotiable, I will accept the highest reasonable offer, I am selling because I will be deploying for a year soon and plan on buying a newer corvette when I get back. I've only had the car for about 6 months =( I have the title and lien release in hand ready to go. Because the car is not perfect, I would prefer you have a local friend look at it before spending money to fly out. That said, I will take pictures of any areas you would like. $11k OBO ( I will accept the highest reasonable offer, wasn't sure how to price it) I will consider a trade for a convertible C5 auto plus cash from me, not sure if I want to store it for a year but it's an option.

The car is 1 of 39 NBM 2001 Camaro SS convertibles. SS# 4164

Navy Blue Metallic 2001 Camaro SS convertible auto trans - Y2Y options: SLP intake lid, Center Mount Exhaust and valance, SS NBM grille, SS Floormats, 17x9 chrome 10 spokes, LS6 intake

Mods: Borla intercooled tips, flowmaster muffler, 3.42 gears, Koni single Adjustable shocks 4/3, Vogtland lowering springs, LCA's, LCA Relocation brackets, BMR adjustable chromoly panhard rod, custom tuned, 55watt (bright) HID headlights, body kit

The car has 75k, clean title, runs great. BFG KD tires on front with 3k on them, Sumitomo HTRZ 2 (160 treadwear rating makes for good traction) tires on rear with 600 miles on them. Everything works perfect, has the traction control option as well. The rear end was completely rebuilt when the gears were installed 10k miles ago. The interior is great besides a 1/2" tear in the driver bolster and some wear in the passenger bolster (barely noticeable). The carpet could use a shampoo but it's in great condition otherwise. Also, there are cracks in the passenger airbag cover (vinyl/plastic), and it leaks oil slowly (drips maybe one drop a day). I would rate the wheels about 7/10, look perfect until you get within 4 ft or so.

You may not be able to tell from the pics, but the car was in a small accident and needs a new bumper support or have the current one bent back how it's supposed to be. There is also a small crack on the front passenger side of the hood (stock SS hood is fiberglass, so easy to repair). That said, it looks great and most people don't even notice, I'm just very picky and trying to be honest. The bumper cover was the only part replaced because of the accident, but the paint matches perfectly because the car was a garage queen, you can't even tell the paint on it isn't original. I got an estimate at Body Tec here and they quoted me $1,000 including a new bumper support (only a $115 part) to have it looking perfect. I still have the quote if you want to see it.

parts cost

tires $750

rebuilt rear with 3.42's 10k on it $500

Suspension $1400, $2,000 with installation

jp vizage body kit 1,500 with installation

exhaust (flowmaster and borla tips) $550 with installation

chrome SS wheels $1,000 option

exhaust $1,000 option

slp intake lid $250 option

Last edited by JAGUAR5822; 03-10-2009 at 11:22 AM.

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Any comments? about the right price? give me something, not going to offend me =)

iTrader
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

HHHmmmmm...very nice....

iTrader
    2 (100%)

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

sent you a pm

iTrader

Sold yet?

email me if you still have jsweet@midwestiso.org

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Price lowered to $10k OBO

I dyno'ed the car today on a Dynojet, it did 317hp and 327ft-lbs to the wheels on the 3rd pull, the other two were within 5hp.
    Last edited by JAGUAR5822; 04-15-2009 at 01:35 AM.

iTrader
    Looks nice. Any idea where the oil drip is coming from? Shoot me a PM or e-mail if you want to discuss.

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

I'm not sure where it is originating, I just know that it drips from the inspection cover on the transmission, so I would guess either the rear main seal or the intake leak that seems to be common. There are no visible leaks on the front or the sides of the motor. Feel free to pm me if you have anything you don't want to post here. I want to be as open about the vehicle as possible.

Thread Information