Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

2000 trans am(A4) (black) 88k miles for sale.

yah, well i got my car about 2 or 3 months ago, i love the car...but its eating me alive on gas...So i'm looking to get a bike, and unfortunately i can't afford 2 toys. So i'll have to sell 1. The body is in immaculate condition, i keep it under a car cover daily. Very well maintained, lots of performance mods as well, although i haven't taken it to the track, the guy before me took there once or twice...no signs of abuse from what i've seen from the track. It runs great.

pacesetter long tube armor coated (ceramic) headers
    pacesetter coated y pipe
    k&n cold air (ram air) full kit
    hp 160* F thermostat
    ngk tr55 plugs and wires
    flow master exhaust muffler
    smooth intake air bellows
    throttle body bypass
    hawk performance brakes
    manual fan control switch
    full lifetime hp tune

Last week i had a drivers side window motor put in, the old one had went out, i have the receipts for the new one, it has a lifetime warranty from advanced auto, the mechanic ran $120 in labor to put the sucker in

$14,000 firm
    i'm located in Shreveport, La.

let me know if u want more pics posted and of what and i'll put'em up

iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

as far as gas milage...i get about 250 miles city on 13 gallons....gas milage jumps up leaps and bounds for hwy miles.

iTrader

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

dude your pricing is way out of line

9k is my offer

iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

nah, i can get 14k for a trans am with a clean carfax/title and performance mods, pretty easy, i'll just put it on ebay.

iTrader

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

No offense the pacesetter are the only "hard mod"

i've got a 06 GTO with 540 whp i can't get a dime over a slightly modde one and i have 1700 miles.

your milage is up there....not too bad.... but i sold a worked Ws6 01 3 years ago for 14k.

good luck in this economy

oh that Ws6 had 4000 miles.

iTrader

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

1000 grand over for the mods....i'll offer 10

but that for a day or 2......can find em like your for under 9. just have to look.

cause with all that power you di to church and back..lol joking with ya but the 10 is serious.

iTrader

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

14k i can find vettes for with that milage

iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

well, i just got the car in august, when i got back from deployment, i paid 14k on it and was trying to get my investment back. I can drop it down to 13k and lose out a bit, but i can't drop all the way to 10k. The bike i want to get suzuki 1300cc runs 11.7k plus title and tax, would be close to 13k...i'ma post on ebay for 14k or i'll offer it to you for 13k since you're in florida. I still haven't paid the tax on it which we just made the sale final last week, and got about $850 bucks in taxes which would end up costing me total 14.8k, so as you can see i'm trying to get alittle back on the investment, i'll post pics of the milage and vin # later if anybody wants.

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Gas is cheap again....I'd just keep it and enjoy it if I were you.

iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

I wish I had kept this car. Selling it is in my top 3 of mistakes I wish I had never made.

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

But wait, there's more!

Dang, after 12 years you pop back in. Well, that is the way it goes I guess. Dont' feel too bad about selling the car, whether it was a mistake or not. The way I feel tho about mistakes is "it seemed like the thing to do at the time". I wonder why you feel it was a mistake tho... but a lot can happen in 12 years. What gets me is when it was up for sale, ya got all these "craiglister" types, trying ta nickel and dime you, tell you what they will "give" you for the car, all that crap. Hope someday you get over your regret, 12 years is a long time to carry a sorrow. At least you had your fun with the car.

Mine is for sale now as well, after 20 years, it is in this section. I have no idea of the gas mileage, never checked and never cared, but it is pretty good when compared to my 2000 chevy van for sure. Problably about average. I am open to offers but not lowballers, go to craigslist if you want to pick apart their car and then offer them nothing. And don't give me that "I'll give you" crap either. You ain't giving me sh*t!

Naw, I am not a cranky guy, just don't care for the nicklers and dimers who pick apart your car and just waste your time. You know, the craigslist-type folks. I am not looking to make a fortune, but I got a feeling that a 2000 ws6 formula will someday be worth something... it may be like 40 years from now, but even at 10K it will seems like a super bargain. Just look at what the older muscle cars are going for these days. I do not know what I want for it, reasonable offers or a non-vehicle trade will be considered. It has the "usual" problems all of these cars had back then... windows out, a speaker out, a headlight that thinks for itself, just the usual stuff that I never got around to, a small drivers side door edge biff from a car wash, a few typical cracks in the inside dash and on the usual spots on the side doors, in exactly the sme place on both sides. nothing big or expensive to fix on the car, it is not been thrashed, wrecked, it was my daily driver for 20 years until I got the truck, the a/c works great, the radio volume dial on the dash is is not reliable so I used the steering wheel volume control. Seats are in new condition as they were covered a few days after I got it home. I also have every stinking propaganda on the car that came with it as what happens when you buy a new car. Only new car I ever had.

Thanks guys, that is the basic story, if you live within a reasonable distance, come and look at it and i'll take you to lunch nomatter if you buy it or not. I will not finance the car. There is a clear pink around here someplace, have to find it. I will take car of the check engine light issue and make sure at least the turn signals are functional again.

btw, if your car is losing power, especially uphill and misfires and the check engine light flashes, it is problably your maf sensor, which is easily taken apart and put back together again. Then check your fuel filter, and lastly your air filter for the cheap fixes. When something goes wrong with your vehicle, always check the most obvious first. When it happened to mine, a few sprays with (only!) CRC maf sensor cleaner brought it back to normal, so check that first if your car is losing power or your check engine light comes on but nothing seems to be wrong.

You want to know what bugs me most about the car? It was the way it was marketed. I still have the factory info booklet which brags that it has ram air and goes on to explain how air is force-fed into the motor. complete nonsense. first of all, when moving, the air flow is not that much at the air induction scoops on the hood, pretty good wind tunnel testing for the least air resistance as the car moves down the road. If you don't believe me, put a few drops of water on the hood just below the air intake, go 60 miles an hour and those water drops won't even move off.

The kicker is that any air that gets in has to bypass 2 flaps just inside the intake that keep the rain out, in other words the straight air flow is partially blocked, then the air has to go thru your air cleaner, and then on to your motor. yah, "force-fed air" my rear end! At best it is a fresh-air intake, which is still not all that bad and the hood looks cool in any case. I had a gear driven supercharger on my bike, only about 6-8 pounds of boost, but boy did that (and a cam change) wake it up. If you want a 700 hp hellcat beather, just put one of them on and hope he is having a bad day or falls asleep at the start. With that being said, the stock unmodified 320 h.p. will be fast enough for most folks unless you routinely like to go 175+ mph or want to race it on a 1/4 track. I detest those whiz-bang parking lot or dirt surface whing-ding 4 banger cars that like to drift race or drive and go "bleep bleep" on the horn. Straight, timed, Christmas tree 1/4 mile asphalt racing is where the real men go, not the current crop of wussified drifters who feel yah I really did something here, gee, I can slide around on the dirt, yep, you guys got it going on for sure!

Speaking of which, the hot air in the motor has nearly no place to go, unless it can somehow travel sideways and force itself out of the side air vents. I still don't know if those side vents either take in or let out air, if out it is not much. The thing to do is simply remove the rubber strip that seals the back of the hood to the body right in front of the windshield. That is what will let out tons of hot air. If you run the car during the summer, park it and put your hand in that crack, you will feel the hot air pouring out. Now, this is only for the summer of course and don't forget to put it back if you do carwashes. takes about 30 seconds.

Always run full synthetics for your motor and anything else you can. Take your vitamins. Don't drink and drive. Avoid Asian ladies in traffic.

I got a kill story in reverse. A few years ago, I was challenged by one of those new generation Cameros. We followed each other around until we got to a clear, no traffic straight road, the other guy whomped on his vehicle first (rolling start) but it would not have made any difference. Even tho I was flying, he eventually pulled away... he had just too much horsepower, but back in 2000, we were the kings! After the race, he stopped and got out with a smile on his face, not a smart-ass face, nice guys, just wanted to talk. being a man of mystery, I just saluted him and drove off. I know I made his day and I was happy for him.

Ok Terry, time to come clean. Why do you feel selling that car, and while you are at it, tell us about the other ones. You know folks, it is all the "could haves, should haves, might haves" that will drive you crazy. Lord knows I've made more than my share of mistakes, and then some.

I really don't care if I sell my car or not, but I got 3 other vehicles, so it should go, but I am not going to give it away. As I said, I will consider non-vehicles trades. I can wait. The car is not advertised for sale, no sign on the car, definitely not on craigslist or any other site but this one and it is just a casual mention.

Everyone wants to know about price. ok, just look on ebay, look at similar cars, subject a few thousand dollars and make me an offer... or don't. I am a very reasonable guy and pretty friendly, just don't bring your alpha male attitude with you because I cannot be intimidated or forced to bend to anybody's will. Remember, this is a WS6 FORMULA. You will problably never see another LS1 Formula on the road. Nice, unassuming guys will get a break. I took a closer look at the tires, they are fair, thousands of miles left on them. I never did any tire rotating and any of that yuppy stuff. The wheels are the typical factory WS type, they will need to be polished, no dents or damage, other than the typical and common small road rash on the edges in some places. Car needs to be buffed out. I would suggest replacing them with runflats when they do wear out unless you like being stuck on the side of the road and enjoy changing a tire when it is 100 degrees. That's it for now. If you got questions, ask. I will attempt to take a few pictures maybe, but it is the same bodystyle they all have, no engine or body mods. Well, best of luck to you all...

Mike

Just to show you what a nice guy I am, I got a spare 2002 factory propaganda booklet in great shape that I will give to anyone as long as they got a 2002 WS6 as the car they own by your name in this forum. I will send it to anybody who has one and you won't have to pay for the postage either, just message me your address. I don't need it as mine is a 2000 and already got 2 of these booklets. It's got an into letter, which in part, says...

"You're sure to agree that the Firebird isn't a vehicle made for the masses. Available features on select models like the 325-horsepower, WS6-equipped Ram Air LS1 V8 and a 6-speed manual gearbox with Hurst short-throw linkage give this vehicle a muscle-car look and feel. And with speeds of zero to sixty in less than 5.5 seconds, the Firebird can't wait to head for the open highway".

So I guess that means the WS6 Firebird gained a whopping 5 hp between 2000 and 2002.

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

But wait, there's more!

Dang, after 12 years you pop back in. Well, that is the way it goes I guess. Dont' feel too bad about selling the car, whether it was a mistake or not. The way I feel tho about mistakes is "it seemed like the thing to do at the time". I wonder why you feel it was a mistake tho... but a lot can happen in 12 years. What gets me is when it was up for sale, ya got all these "craiglister" types, trying ta nickel and dime you, tell you what they will "give" you for the car, all that crap. Hope someday you get over your regret, 12 years is a long time to carry a sorrow. At least you had your fun with the car.

Mine is for sale now as well, after 20 years, it is in this section. I have no idea of the gas mileage, never checked and never cared, but it is pretty good when compared to my 2000 chevy van for sure. Problably about average. I am open to offers but not lowballers, go to craigslist if you want to pick apart their car and then offer them nothing. And don't give me that "I'll give you" crap either. You ain't giving me sh*t!

Naw, I am not a cranky guy, just don't care for the nicklers and dimers who pick apart your car and just waste your time. You know, the craigslist-type folks. I am not looking to make a fortune, but I got a feeling that a 2000 ws6 formula will someday be worth something... it may be like 40 years from now, but even at 10K it will seems like a super bargain. Just look at what the older muscle cars are going for these days. I do not know what I want for it, reasonable offers or a non-vehicle trade will be considered. It has the "usual" problems all of these cars had back then... windows out, a speaker out, a headlight that thinks for itself, just the usual stuff that I never got around to, a small drivers side door edge biff from a car wash, a few typical cracks in the inside dash and on the usual spots on the side doors, in exactly the sme place on both sides. nothing big or expensive to fix on the car, it is not been thrashed, wrecked, it was my daily driver for 20 years until I got the truck, the a/c works great, the radio volume dial on the dash is is not reliable so I used the steering wheel volume control. Seats are in new condition as they were covered a few days after I got it home. I also have every stinking propaganda on the car that came with it as what happens when you buy a new car. Only new car I ever had.

Thanks guys, that is the basic story, if you live within a reasonable distance, come and look at it and i'll take you to lunch nomatter if you buy it or not. I will not finance the car. There is a clear pink around here someplace, have to find it. I will take car of the check engine light issue and make sure at least the turn signals are functional again.

btw, if your car is losing power, especially uphill and misfires and the check engine light flashes, it is problably your maf sensor, which is easily taken apart and put back together again. Then check your fuel filter, and lastly your air filter for the cheap fixes. When something goes wrong with your vehicle, always check the most obvious first. When it happened to mine, a few sprays with (only!) CRC maf sensor cleaner brought it back to normal, so check that first if your car is losing power or your check engine light comes on but nothing seems to be wrong.

You want to know what bugs me most about the car? It was the way it was marketed. I still have the factory info booklet which brags that it has ram air and goes on to explain how air is force-fed into the motor. complete nonsense. first of all, when moving, the air flow is not that much at the air induction scoops on the hood, pretty good wind tunnel testing for the least air resistance as the car moves down the road. If you don't believe me, put a few drops of water on the hood just below the air intake, go 60 miles an hour and those water drops won't even move off.

The kicker is that any air that gets in has to bypass 2 flaps just inside the intake that keep the rain out, in other words the straight air flow is partially blocked, then the air has to go thru your air cleaner, and then on to your motor. yah, "force-fed air" my rear end! At best it is a fresh-air intake, which is still not all that bad and the hood looks cool in any case. I had a gear driven supercharger on my bike, only about 6-8 pounds of boost, but boy did that (and a cam change) wake it up. If you want a 700 hp hellcat beather, just put one of them on and hope he is having a bad day or falls asleep at the start. With that being said, the stock unmodified 320 h.p. will be fast enough for most folks unless you routinely like to go 175+ mph or want to race it on a 1/4 track. I detest those whiz-bang parking lot or dirt surface whing-ding 4 banger cars that like to drift race or drive and go "bleep bleep" on the horn. Straight, timed, Christmas tree 1/4 mile asphalt racing is where the real men go, not the current crop of wussified drifters who feel yah I really did something here, gee, I can slide around on the dirt, yep, you guys got it going on for sure!

Speaking of which, the hot air in the motor has nearly no place to go, unless it can somehow travel sideways and force itself out of the side air vents. I still don't know if those side vents either take in or let out air, if out it is not much. The thing to do is simply remove the rubber strip that seals the back of the hood to the body right in front of the windshield. That is what will let out tons of hot air. If you run the car during the summer, park it and put your hand in that crack, you will feel the hot air pouring out. Now, this is only for the summer of course and don't forget to put it back if you do carwashes. takes about 30 seconds.

Always run full synthetics for your motor and anything else you can. Take your vitamins. Don't drink and drive. Avoid Asian ladies in traffic.

I got a kill story in reverse. A few years ago, I was challenged by one of those new generation Cameros. We followed each other around until we got to a clear, no traffic straight road, the other guy whomped on his vehicle first (rolling start) but it would not have made any difference. Even tho I was flying, he eventually pulled away... he had just too much horsepower, but back in 2000, we were the kings! After the race, he stopped and got out with a smile on his face, not a smart-ass face, nice guys, just wanted to talk. being a man of mystery, I just saluted him and drove off. I know I made his day and I was happy for him.

Ok Terry, time to come clean. Why do you feel selling that car, and while you are at it, tell us about the other ones. You know folks, it is all the "could haves, should haves, might haves" that will drive you crazy. Lord knows I've made more than my share of mistakes, and then some.

I really don't care if I sell my car or not, but I got 3 other vehicles, so it should go, but I am not going to give it away. As I said, I will consider non-vehicles trades. I can wait. The car is not advertised for sale, no sign on the car, definitely not on craigslist or any other site but this one and it is just a casual mention.

Everyone wants to know about price. ok, just look on ebay, look at similar cars, subject a few thousand dollars and make me an offer... or don't. I am a very reasonable guy and pretty friendly, just don't bring your alpha male attitude with you because I cannot be intimidated or forced to bend to anybody's will. Remember, this is a WS6 FORMULA. You will problably never see another LS1 Formula on the road. Nice, unassuming guys will get a break. I took a closer look at the tires, they are fair, thousands of miles left on them. I never did any tire rotating and any of that yuppy stuff. The wheels are the typical factory WS type, they will need to be polished, no dents or damage, other than the typical and common small road rash on the edges in some places. Car needs to be buffed out. I would suggest replacing them with runflats when they do wear out unless you like being stuck on the side of the road and enjoy changing a tire when it is 100 degrees. That's it for now. If you got questions, ask. I will attempt to take a few pictures maybe, but it is the same bodystyle they all have, no engine or body mods. Well, best of luck to you all...

Mike

Just to show you what a nice guy I am, I got a spare 2002 factory propaganda booklet in great shape that I will give to anyone as long as they got a 2002 WS6 as the car they own by your name in this forum. I will send it to anybody who has one and you won't have to pay for the postage either, just message me your address. I don't need it as mine is a 2000 and already got 2 of these booklets. It's got an into letter, which in part, says...

"You're sure to agree that the Firebird isn't a vehicle made for the masses. Available features on select models like the 325-horsepower, WS6-equipped Ram Air LS1 V8 and a 6-speed manual gearbox with Hurst short-throw linkage give this vehicle a muscle-car look and feel. And with speeds of zero to sixty in less than 5.5 seconds, the Firebird can't wait to head for the open highway".

So I guess that means the WS6 Firebird gained a whopping 5 hp between 2000 and 2002.

iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

I read all of that. I think the practical reason why I had to sell the car is that I got married and started having kids. I miss riding in it though, with the T-tips off. What color is your WS6? Manual or automatic?

I remember a cop revving his engine at me in the middle of town because he wanted to race at a red light. I kinda laughed because I knew I’d win and then immediately get pulled over, but I bumped the gas pedal back at him and gave him the universal “let’s go” hand. He peeled out and took off at as the light turned green and I just poked around like an old granny.

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

Good to see you back. First of all, sorry for hijacking your thread, I guess it was all said and done anyways but still. yep, I would say that for the majority of us, what happened to you has happened to a lot of other former owners, perhaps the majority. You get married, have kids, and figure it is time to show some responsibility and not spend all your time and money on a car. I do not see that as a mistake, personally. the same thing happened to me. funny story about the cop... hey, it gets a little boring on the midnight shift, I think he really wanted to race and was not setting you up. cops can be chickenshit at time (I should know, I was one for 24 years), but that would have been a fun race, but you took the smart and mature way out. you could have ended up against a lightpole or something.

once I caught one of my partners playing a 70's style cop tv show car chase with a friend of his on the midnight shift, they were going thru neighborhoods, lights, siren, all that. Since I was in charge of the shift, I joined in behind him and asked him what was the problem on the radio, he immediately shut everything off including the pursuit, slunk silently and slowly off on a side road and that was that. I told him later to knock that stuff off in populated areas.

My car is black and an auto. The majority of the cars I had were sticks. I've got to say that this auto is a decision I was glad to make, besides, there was no choice, that was the way it came. It is black, no repaints but it could use a good buffing out. I problably had the T-tops off a grand total of about 6 times... no room for them in the boot when you got lots of other stuff to haul around.

You got anything interesting to trade? Coins? I am open to just about anything but another vehicle, got too many as it is. I could tell from reading your posts earlier that you put a great deal of time, money an work into that car and it looked to be worth every penny of what you were asking for it. ignore the doubting thomases, haters, naysayers, bullshitters, trolls and losers... they got no skin in the game, so they got no opinion as far as I am concerned. You were right to sell your car, so quit thinking about it. I would ask what your other two major mistakes were but I figure that is your business. I wish you the best... I just cannot believe you were nursing this hurt for 12 years and just popped back in suddenly.

iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Yeah, I popped back in to this site because I use to be on here religiously while I was deployed back in 2008. My plan was to save up my deployment cash and buy a trans am with the cool ram air hood. I blew all of my deployment $$ on that car and had zero regrets doing so. The mods were done by the previous owner. I didn’t realize what kind of power it had until I spun out and did an unintentional donut while punching the gas on a wet road during a turn.

I got back on here hoping to find another black trans am like mine for an affordable price. I’m not worried about miles on it, but I’d like it to have a nice body and not require a lot of maintenance to stay running. I’ve checked on cars.com and people put a high premium on their cars on that site. I don’t have much in trade, I have a Ruger 40 Thats barely been used.

Would like to see pics of your ride.

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

I hope it works out for you. I do not mind guns at all, but I do not believe that one would get this issue resolved. Some day, you will get a break as long as you have your wife on your side. I think that you can get another one if you keep at it. I remain open to any ideas or proposals, it is just that I do not wish to finance the car myself, I would like to simply get the cash or trade and that is that.

Well, I'll be thinking about it too. You never know what might happen. I think you are correct, that many owners put too much value on their cars, however, in 10 or 20 years it might seem like a super bargain. Look what happened to the 70's supercars, which were either wrecked or sold for practically nothing, now they are going for a small fortune. Who knew?

Best of luck to you, if you want pictures I think I got a digital camera which might work, but it is pretty much just like every other firebird and as I described. Despite it's minor faults, it has been very reliable and is stock, except for the rear end. Motor and body the same as a stock WS6. Hope to hear from you soon... mike

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

Hello guy...

hey, for what it is worth, there is a 2000 WS6 t/a or formula (it is a t/a, the owner listed it both as a t/a and formula in the title) on ebay right now for 11.5k or offer, about 100k or so miles. seems like a pretty good car, it has had 5 owners which bothers me a little but I am sure it means nothing, after all it has been 20 years. Black like you like it. A few mods, nothing super big, not perfect but what car is?

Just thought I would mention it in case you had not seen it, maybe something could come out of that. Implies that the hood may not be factory...?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Pontia.../402285526174?
    hash=item5daa15fc9e:g:5y8AAOSwamZe2aXR

anyways, if the link does not work, just search for it on ebay. best of luck to you pal. we still might strike some kind of deal depending on how the wind blows... mike

iTrader

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Awesome, looks very clean. Would have to run the VIN to see whether it’s a ws6 or did he just get the badging and hood aftermarket. There use to be mechanics on here that worked at shops that would just run VINs for people.

iTrader

black
    00 formula ws6

yah, It was almost common back in the day to do exactly that, I think they called them WS7's. I was cool with that, as long as the owners did not try to fool US. One look at the door sticker was all it took to reveal the truth tho, or your vin check. but as I said, I was ok with that. the big hint is the hood replacement. I had mine replaced because of bubbling on the paint on the stock hood, it still looked good but at 30k I was in no mood for compromising. sold the original hood alone later for some big bucks and helped the guy put in on, even delivered it to him, got heat exhaustion tho on the trip (a/c out on my van to deliver it to him, 100 degree temps, no fun in texas with that, nothing than a little Gatorade did not fix tho.

iTrader

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Why doesn't the hood of the car on ebay match the hood on your "profile" picture?
    2002 Firebird Formula - 5.7 Liter - "Last of the Breed"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information