iTrader

black
    1999 Formula

1999 Formula Firebird

99 Pontiac Firebird Formula, 66,000 miles, $17,000 OBO

I originally purchased this car with only 1,200 miles in 1999 and have owned it ever since. I have gradually upgraded or improved many items over time with major engine upgrades done in 2004 at 42,000 miles and significant transmission, rear end and suspension work done in 2014. I have not raced the car routinely but have taken it to a couple test and tune events and the car is a solid high 12 second runner. I am now looking to move on to another project. With over $40,000 invested this is a solid, professionally built machine able to handle a lot of power and still be very reliable and streetable. Everything on this car works

Blemishes; Interior door panels cracked in usual place, I patched reverse side of door panel and relieved the window gasket stress which seemed to be causing the issue and the cracks have not gotten any longer, some minor scratches and a small fish eye on from bumper that do not show in photos. Speedometer reads higher than actual speed due to new rear with 4.11 gears.

I am located in Downingtown, Pa Mobile Phone # 610-220-7448, please leave text messages only and I'll get back to you.
    I apologize that I cannot attach more photos. I seem to have an issue with my level of technical expertise. I would gladly post more if someone could tell me what I need to do or to a post that helps explain things.

Thank You

DESCIPTION;
    Exterior – Black, Int – Platinum Cloth
    Engine: Stage 3X Professional build by CARTEK (Garcia, New Jersey) performed in 2004 at 42,000 miles.
    Heads; Fully ported intake, exhaust and combustion chambers, custom stainless steel valves (2.02 intake and 1.57 exhaust sodium filled), Manley custom dual springs, spring seats, seals, titanium retainers. milled .030, Cometic heavy duty head gaskets, Cromoly heavy duty push rods.
    Custom ground Comp Cam; 230/234, 114 LSA and .601 lift
    Other engine upgrades;
    - Intake manifold is port matched ZO6
    - Rollmaster double roller timing chain
    - ZO6 oil pump
    - Fuel injectors are 30# flow matching
    - High Flow 160 degree thermostat
    - New piston rings to ensure consistent compression across all cylinders with new Clevite rod bearings and ARP rod bolts
    - Replaced hoses and belts
    Custom ECU tune (also eliminated the skip shift)
    Exhaust; Kook’s 1 ¾” stainless steel headers and Kook’s 3” Y pipe and high flow cats with SLP loud mouth from cats back.
    Nitrous fogger system including window switch, remote bottle opener, purge, post mounted pressure gauge and automatic bottle heater
    Monster clutch: upgrade included disc, pressure plate, adjustable master cylinder, slave cylinder, throw out and pilot bearings, resurfaced flywheel and remote bleed kit (in 2014)
    Transmission: Transzilla 6 speed Tremec 600 lb/ft rating installed (in 2014)
    Rear: Ford 9” Brute Force, 4.11 Trac-Lok gears, 32 spline Moser axels installed (in 2014)
    Rear suspension: BMR adjustable panhard bar, torque arm, control arms and shocks installed in 2014
    Tires: Mickey Thomson drag radials and front tires installed 2016
    Dyno Results: 436 Rear wheel Horsepower, 391 lb/ft torque, with NO2 - 515 RWHP and 425 lb/ft torque 
    Misc:
    - B& M Short throw shifter with Hurst handle and line lock button,
    - Permanent Trickle charger
    - SLP air box with K&N air filter
    - Mini shift light mounted in window defrost vent,
    - White gauge face overlay
    - Traction control reversing switch
    - Brembo Slotted rotors with EBC green stuff pads on front
    - 500w Monsoon radio system with remote 10 disc changer and new rear speakers
    - New power window motors and relays to speed up window speed (a common issue with these cars)

Garage kept, Zaino polished, only driven for pleasure and to car shows since engine work 2004
    Just inspected including emissions good through 07/2018
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1709.jpg  

Thread Information