iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

1999 Camaro Z28 Black 36K original miles.

I am considering selling my baby. I have recently purchased a 1968 Camaro with a big block, cage, 400 trans with a brake, and 9" rear in it. I think this should be more than enough for my racing car, plus I have loved the first gens ever since I was about 10.

Heres the skinny:
    First of all, garage kept all winter. NO SNOW, been in the rain twice, and that was because I got caught off guard. My fiance thinks I am nuts because of how I take care of my car.
    You can see yourself in the paint. Its factory, but has been buffed about 5 years ago by myself and I have kept it mirror finish ever since.
    Engine has been given Mobile 1 synthetic oil every 3000 miles, no matter what. Trans (M6) has royal purple fluid in it, rear end (10 bolt with a TA Cover) has Torquo fluid in it. (strange engineering does not warranty their rear end unless you use this fluid!).

Needless to say, I have taken perfect care of the car.

Now for the mods:

Engine Compartment:

I have an air lid, K&N filter, MAC midlength chrome ceramic powder coated headers, and Free Mods

Trans:
    Stock trans, but I have the Mcleod twin disk clutch with a brand new flywheel. This clutch has about 700 miles on it. It also has the Mcleoud adjustable master and a brand new GM slave. I have consistently changed the fluid in this trans with synthetic every 6000 miles! ($1200 clutch with master and flywheel... slave was i think another $150 or so)
    Also have two shifters for the car: A pro 5.0 (in the car, about $180) and also a B&M Ripper (not in the car about $150)

Rear End: stock with cover. ($150 cover)
    Driveshaft: Strange Engineering Chromoly. ($500)

Suspension: Vogtland race coil springs (lowered the car about 1.25 inches.)
    QA1 12 way adjustable race shocks and struts (turn a nob, and go!)

Exhaust: as mentioned Chrome ceramic powder coated MAC midlength header with 2 y-pipes: on the car is has the MAC high flow cats and larger diameter Y-pipe. Flowmaster 3 chamber muffler. Other y-pipe is off-road with no cats. (Headers worth about $900 with coating, y-pipes about $200)

Racing: The car has only been on a race track about 5 times total.
    The rest was on the street (oops). Also, I raced the car mostly when I had no mods done to it side from free mods, muffler, and air filter. At that time, I ran a 13.2 @ 106 MPH with a 2.02 60' on street tires. That was faster than most people with LS1s at the track that day and I had way less done than them.

Since all the other mods (all done in the last year) I have not taken it to the track except once when I blew my driveshaft in half! (hence the chromoly one now!) I have not been back to the track since and do not really plan on it.

As I said, she has only 36K well taken care of miles on her. I want to sell it to someone who will take great care of her as I have.

I can take pictues of her for anyone who is interested.

I will also note I have the original window sticker for the car in the glove box.
    It has a tan interior. LS1 (5.7L), T-Tops, leather, 6 speed (as I mentioned), 12 disk factory CD changer and Monsoon sound system (all in great condition). Interior is super clean with only 1 wear mark on the drives side floor mat. Buy a new one if you dont like it, I am sure they arent that bad.
    Power windows, locks, mirrors, driver seat 12 way adjustable. cruise control.

P.S. I have only put shell gasoline in the car because it seems to always run the best on shell. I replaced the fuel filter in the car about 5K miles ago.
    Spark Plugs are changed every single year. K & N is cleaned every 5K miles and it is the second one in the car. Even my break fluid is synthetic! And the hydrolic fluid for the clutch! Has an optima red top battery in it. Also has the fan control switch located in the ash tray. (if you smoke, I dont want to sell you this car... it has NEVER been smoked in).

E-mail me with questions or requests for pics (only is you want to buy it, or are in the market for one of these cars).

All installations of all performance and other parts have been done professionally.
    (Speed inc is where I have taken it)

Due to mileage, condition, and money dumped into this car I will be asking that people make reasonable offers on this car!
    Last edited by Black99Z28; 06-30-2006 at 05:08 AM.

iTrader
    location?

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

I live in Lockport, IL.

If you know where Orland Park or Tinley Park is... its 20 min west.

Turbo goes woo woo
    iTrader

black/quicksilver
    1986 Buick T Type WH1

is $15K an insult to you?

black99/69
    how much you looking for? I thought we are supposed to post a price on all selling items. Any pics?

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tom Turbo
    Its not an insult.

Is that an offer or just a way to try and find out what I want for her? = )
    Last edited by Black99Z28; 06-14-2006 at 05:38 AM.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by black99/69
    how much you looking for? I thought we are supposed to post a price on all selling items. Any pics?

I do have pics of her, which i did not post because the file size was HUGE.
    I need to take new ones and either post them or e-mail them to whomever is interested. All pics will be taken from angles, unless you want me to take a pictures straight at a panel. It will result in a picture of myself, but maybe that will get the point across on how nice the finish is on the paint.

The reason I did not post a price, is because I am not really sure what I want for her yet. In the condition she is in, I would probably say she is worth pretty good money. Dont get me wrong, im not nuts or anything, I just want someone who knows what these cars in this condition with this much money into them are worth and come along and make me a great offer.

P.S. I forgot to post my e-mail address for anyone who is REALLY interested.

garynpickering@earthlink.net

send them to my work e-mail. Thats easiest.
    Last edited by Black99Z28; 06-30-2006 at 05:11 AM.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

Are you interested in the car?

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

I Finally Have Some Pics!

They are a little blurry because I took them at night with a digital camera, but it should give you a good idea.

Attachment 5262

Attachment 5263

Attachment 5264

Attachment 5265

Another couple things I forgot to mention:

I still have all the original parts for the car. I have the stock shifter, I have the stock air box, fuel rail, and entire suspension! If anybody is concerned about restoring it to factory and making it a show car, they could!

Also, I did not mention the Nitto 555R tires on back and the new Kumhos on front. The brakes are cross drilled rotors all around, not to mention Hawk pad up front, ceramics in the rear, and I have a brand new set of hawk rear pads I will give also.

Turbo goes woo woo
    iTrader

black/quicksilver
    1986 Buick T Type WH1

Well, I would kinda like to know what you are looking to get out of it. But in the $14-15K range I would certainly be interested in looking at it.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

Well, I would kinda like to know what you are looking to get out of it. But in the $14-15K range I would certainly be interested in looking at it.
    Well, then come take a look one day. Ill take you for a ride.
    I dont think 14 will work, but maybe I can settle for 15K.

iTrader

black
    99z28/m6

nice car man good luck with the sell.

iTrader
    2000 Trans Am

Sounds like a nice car Good luck with selling it. Great Description BTW

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    99 Z28

Thanks for the compliments!

Price is $15,000 OBO, Look on this forum, there are cars with more miles and not as nice asking the same amount of money...

Get a CLEAN, WELL taken care of LS1 Fbody!

P.S. If anyone tried e-mailing me at the address that WAS on the post, and I did not reply its because it probably all got recognised as SPAM. Please e-mail to the new address that I edited into the post above. garynpickering@earthlink.net
    Last edited by Black99Z28; 06-30-2006 at 05:12 AM.

Thread Information