iTrader

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

1998 Camaro SS - Only 2 Owners, Excellent Condition

I bought this car back in April with the intention of building it into a sunny day cruiser/autocross toy. However, due to some financial complications, my plans have changed a bit and I've decided to consolidate into one car, so I'm selling this rare unmolested example of a 4th generation SS. I purchased it from it's original owner in Portland, OR (yes, same owner for 13 years) who babied it - Always garaged, never driven in inclement weather, and no engine modifications or racing.

The only "mods" he did to the car prior to me purchasing it was a Hotchkis front tower brace, SLP lid, an upgraded C6 Z06 clutch (~10k miles old) and a set of 3.73:1 rear end gears (around the same age). Since purchasing it, I've added a B&M short shifter, a brand new set of BMR springs, Bilstein SLP shocks, and an UMI Panhard bar. The 275/40R17 Toyo Proxes 4 tires on the car are at about 95% (were brand new when I bought it), and they're wrapped around OE 10-spoke 35th anniversary SS wheels (not replicas). As can be seen in the pictures, it also has a black rear fascia to replicate the look of the Berger SS, but I also have the factory red part, which is flawless and will come with the sale of the car. Last of all, it has the rare single exhaust which was offered as an option from the factory.

So, to summarize the details listed above:
    -73k Orignal Miles (no engine mods)
    -New C6Z clutch (~10k miles - I've been changing the clutch fluid with Prestone DOT 4 every 300-500 miles)
    -3.73:1 gears (~10k miles)
    -Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace
    -SLP Lid
    -B&M Short Shifter
    -BMR Springs (1.25" drop - less than 1k miles)
    -Bilstein SLP Shocks F&R (less than 1k miles)
    -UMI Panhard bar (adjustable - less than 1k miles)
    -Toyo Proxes 4 275/40R17 @ 95%
    -35th Anniversary 10-spoke SS wheels

Overall vehicle condition is a 9-9.5 out of 10, especially for it's age. The exterior is probably a 9 as there are a few little rock chips in the hood, and a few very small paint flaws elsewhere, but no dents, door dings or big scratches. The interior is closer to a 9.5 out of 10. No tearing or severe wearing on any of the seats (all seats look practically new aside from the driver seat, which you can tell has been sat in), the carpet has no stains, and all power options work great. It has a factory tape deck with a 12-disc changer in the trunk (which is tempermental) and the bose system sounds outstanding - No blown speakers.

So, if you're looking for a 4th Gen SS that is still in outstanding shape and hasn't been beaten, you've found it. It's not an easy one to come by!

Asking only $9,900

Thanks for looking!

iTrader

Black
    1987 Grand National

How many miles?

Location?

iTrader

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Seattle, 73k

Thread Information