Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1992 Camaro RS 305 $1500obo (Indiana)

This is a discussion on 1992 Camaro RS 305 $1500obo (Indiana) within the Vehicles For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by ATCharming haha. talk to zach about commision.... i do not plan on building a ten second car ...

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    haha. talk to zach about commision.... i do not plan on building a ten second car out of it. stock lt1/ls1 territory is what im lookin for.
    thats not hard to achieve
    think about it... that dude spent 8500 on a 10 sec tuned port. how much do stock good condition ls1 cars sell for.

and keeping up with lt1s isnt a hard task at all, not to offend any lt1 owners. lt1s just have a few minor problems to overcome (reverse coolant flow and ignition system), but stock lt1s arent a whole hell of a lot faster anyway.

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

my suggestion would be to carb it, u can get a lot of fuel in the engine for cheap. u just have to change the fuel pump, buy a carb, and id buy a victor jr manifold while i was at it

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    thats not hard to achieve
    think about it... that dude spent 8500 on a 10 sec tuned port. how much do stock good condition ls1 cars sell for.

and keeping up with lt1s isnt a hard task at all, not to offend any lt1 owners. lt1s just have a few minor problems to overcome (reverse coolant flow and ignition system), but stock lt1s arent a whole hell of a lot faster anyway.
    yea... although 8500 is really cheap for a ten second car, i am on a real tight budget, so id probably just keep modding here and there.

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

yea... i understand that. im broke too and wish i had a cheap car to build, i always had a plan of building a carbed engine in a 3rd gen, thats why ive gone off on this tangent.

btw sorry for crapping up your post 01raptorta

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

yea... i understand that. im broke too and wish i had a cheap car to build, i always had a plan of building a carbed engine in a 3rd gen, thats why ive gone off on this tangent.

btw sorry for crapping up your post 01raptorta
    lol. who knows what id do with it. for such a cheap price, i could do just about whatever i want. it should be fun.

although, with all this talk, it sounds like im FOR SURE buying it lol... so i will think about my modding plans after im closer to buying it.

gotta sell the lumina.... ($1.3k sounds good) then drive out to indiana to check out the RS.

hey zach, what are ur plans for the next week? im done with school for the summer, and i have a funeral to go to in indiana. maybe while im out there, if im passing u, i could stop by and check out the car

iTrader
    5 (100%)

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Woah sorry for laggin, i went and seen pirates of the carribean 3 and hung out around town. If he buys the car Drew, i will paypal you 10 bucks for comission lol. Besides working till 3:30, i dont have any predetermined plans for next week. Let me know beforehand if you're comin down, i'll tidy her up a bit. BTW, you'll need for me to get a new T-top before you buy it. Breanna decided she was going to latch it down with hopes and dreams, and it flew off taking her home. Its ductaped right now just to keep the moisture out, but it'll need a new one. Or a used one in better shape lol.

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Woah sorry for laggin, i went and seen pirates of the carribean 3 and hung out around town. If he buys the car Drew, i will paypal you 10 bucks for comission lol. Besides working till 3:30, i dont have any predetermined plans for next week. Let me know beforehand if you're comin down, i'll tidy her up a bit. BTW, you'll need for me to get a new T-top before you buy it. Breanna decided she was going to latch it down with hopes and dreams, and it flew off taking her home. Its ductaped right now just to keep the moisture out, but it'll need a new one. Or a used one in better shape lol.
    10 bucks... hell yea, thatl get me 3 gal of gas!

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

too bad i dont have pay pal
    damn

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

Pewter
    2000 z28

man youre getting your facts confused.

the engine you want it to have is the tune port 350 and it has the 305.

i havent seen any 305 build ups in gmhtp but that doesnt mean they cant be fast. having said that....

alex, whats the point of throwing all this money into a third gen?
    buy it, do a few cheap things and save for an ls1. no sense in sinking money into a 305 in my opinion. its a knock around car...have some fun, but dont waste money...

shit i love third gens. i would buy it for sure but i have my eye on that cutlass!!!

iTrader
    5 (100%)

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Im with secondgear dude. Use this to have fun in the summer with the t-tops and V8, while saving money for an LS1

And there are quite a few 305 buildups, but they're tune port, not throttle body.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

what he said!

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    man youre getting your facts confused.

the engine you want it to have is the tune port 350 and it has the 305.

i havent seen any 305 build ups in gmhtp but that doesnt mean they cant be fast. having said that....

alex, whats the point of throwing all this money into a third gen?
    buy it, do a few cheap things and save for an ls1. no sense in sinking money into a 305 in my opinion. its a knock around car...have some fun, but dont waste money...

shit i love third gens. i would buy it for sure but i have my eye on that cutlass!!!

thats really what i was meaning... i was just throwing out all that bull shit to get the point out that u can build cars similar to that for cheap.

so if making a tpi run in the tens is possible, then messing around with this car and throwing some mods on here and there wont make u go broke.

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i think i will just leave it stock and have fun with it in the summer, except maybe changing the gears...

btw, how much do t-tops cost?
    oh quick question while were on the topic of ttops, when they are on there CORRECTLY (lol) do they leak at all? any annoying air gaps? jw.

well last night my grandma just called and said her husband died, so we will be in indiana soon, but like i said, it just happened last night so no1 knows the date of the funeral yet. i will let you know before hand tho

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

Pewter
    2000 z28

thats really what i was meaning... i was just throwing out all that bull shit to get the point out that u can build cars similar to that for cheap.

so if making a tpi run in the tens is possible, then messing around with this car and throwing some mods on here and there wont make u go broke.
    yeah i figured thats what you were getting at bro

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

id probably just put enough into it to kill 2 fox bodies around here.
    1-bone stock
    1-i think bone stock, but he said hes rebulding his engine, so who knows

iTrader
    5 (100%)

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

If they're bone stock, 3.73s will take them. And when they're on there good, they dont leak. I was lookin on ebay and there around 40-60 bucks depending on where you look. Yea thats cool just let me know. Where at in Indiana anyways?

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

If they're bone stock, 3.73s will take them. And when they're on there good, they dont leak. I was lookin on ebay and there around 40-60 bucks depending on where you look. Yea thats cool just let me know. Where at in Indiana anyways?
    yep... 3.73s and maybe a little n20 just to make em look stupid!

iTrader

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    yeah i figured thats what you were getting at bro
    yea.. i wasnt tryong to sound like a dick or anything, i was just elaborating further

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

im not really sure where at in indiana lol... ill get back to u. and btw, it is this sunday

iTrader

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

alright u gotta get on aim dude...
    i have good news and i have bad news for u.
    the good news is, im getting a new car no matter what, and this sunday if ur available im gonna come check out ur camaro.

the bad news is, im deciding between ur camaro as bein a fun-to-drive summer car, and a brand new cobalt as a good, reliable dd with a warranty...

so this is what im gonna do. im gonna probably test drive the cobalt tomorrow, see what the 5speed feels like. then sunday if ur available check out ur camaro, see if i splurge...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information