iTrader

HO LS1 White Lt1
    99Z28 97SS #497

1982 Cutlass Supreme street machine $9000

I'm posting this for a friend who's an extremely talented car painter and enthusiast. Mike is a great guy and whoever buys this car is getting one hell of a deal. This car has been his baby for quite a long time; he's just ordered a new 2010 Camaro SS/RS so the Cutlass has got to go. This car is extremely nice; the nicest Cutlass I've ever seen. The following is his write up; he lives in Janesville Wisconsin.

FOR SALE

Custom 1982 Cutlass Supreme RWD street machine.

Photos DO NOT do this car justice. I strongly encourage interested parties to view the car in person. There will be no disappointments.

I brought it home with 32K original miles on it and completely disassembled it, stripped it, and refinished it. It now has 46,500 showing on the clock and is correct, although somewhat inflated due to the rear gear change. I shaved all trim and handles and. The doors and deck lid open with a remote control. All paint is PPG base/clear. The primary color is a white that will burn your retinas out and the graphics are a GM silver, black, maroon, purple, and blue. This car has been done for over ten years and I would still rate the body an honest 8 on a 10 scale, there are no hidden demons here. It draws crowds and attention wherever it goes. It has never seen snow or salt and has only begrudgingly seen rain on perhaps a dozen occasions. It has taken trophies at many local shows and won the Coolest car with Kicker award at the 1996 Car Craft Magazine Summer Cruise in St. Paul in 1996, as well as well as winning the award for most creative use of paint on a street driven vehicle in 1997 at the World of Wheels show in Madison, WI.

Everything is in excellent mechanical condition and you can drive the car anywhere. About the only thing I never got to was disassembling the front suspension to detail it. The underbody is undercoated. I did build it to drive and then got too carried away and made a nice “show/driver” out of it.

The quick list: Engine is a 1963 Chevy 327 bored .030 over (331), stock crank and rods, Summit forged TRW flat piston rebuild kit, GM 64 CC Bowtie cast iron heads w/Manley stainless valves-screw-in studs-guideplates, Isky solid cam, Erson full-roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Holley double-pumper spreadbore, HEI with crossfire cap, Comp Cams roller rockers, Hedman Jet-Hot coated headers. 6700 rpm redline and has never missed a beat.

Trans is a 1989 TH700-R4 that is fresh and hits hard; built by Casey at ATS in Janesville. It has a Precision 2800 rpm stall converter w/lockup on a toggle switch and a TCI shift kit. It does have a vacuum lockup switch but the cam made it unstable so I installed the toggle.

The rear end is a Ford 9-inch. Moser housing and axles, Detroit Locker center section, Daytona pinion and yoke, Richmond 3.89 gears, Chevy 12-bolt rear drum brakes. The rear control arms have been boxed and had urethane bushings installed. All of the seams and casting flash and bumps on the rear end have been smoothed and it is painted and polished like a street rod. There is 40-hours paint time in the rear end assembly alone. It has Airlift bags in Bell Tech springs.

Wheels and tires are Centerline Convo Pros with BFG drag radials out back and Firestone skinnies up front. The Drag radials are done (thanks to the Hurst roll control!) but are still drivable on dry roads. The Firestones are in excellent condition as are the wheels.

The car also has a big stereo system in it. It is very pro-looking with cooling fans for a hidden amplifier rack and everything is upholstered and all wiring is hidden. The components include JBL 6x9 rear deck speakers, a pair of Kicker 15-inch free air subs, a fuse box in trunk, an MTX RT3 electronic crossover, a Kenwood 820 amp, and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 150 amp.

This car has too much other fine detail and components to list everything here ~ you really need to see it. I can provide pictures of anything you want to see and answer any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact me (Mike) with any questions at chef-beavis@sbcglobal.net or 608-758-3879 or 608-289-4308 (cell).

Thanks!
    Last edited by 97ss497; 04-21-2010 at 04:30 PM.

iTrader

HO LS1 White Lt1
    99Z28 97SS #497

9k OBO; make an offer on a way underpriced needs nothing street machine...

Thread Information