1968 Camaro Convertiable For Sale

This is a discussion on 1968 Camaro Convertiable For Sale within the Vehicles For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Well the time has come to put this baby up for sale and I am asking $18,000.00 I bought this ...

iTrader

White
    2011 Vet 69 Firebird

1968 Camaro Convertiable For Sale

Well the time has come to put this baby up for sale and I am asking $18,000.00
    I bought this car in May of 2005 and I have done a lot of things to this car to get it to be a good driver. I do not have to sell this car and am not desperate to sale; no international sales and no money orders, no trades and no scammers.

This was from the original ad information:
    It has a 350 V-8, 2spd auto transmission, no power steering or power brakes. We tried to decode the motor and the casting #,s show it as 1967-1980 chevy 350 block. The numbers stamped would appear to make it an early's 70's truck 350. So we are not selling it as matching numbers. The motor runs very strong, double hump heads, new elderbrock alum intake and carb, and headers, probably has a step up or two on the cam. Has a nice little lope to it. no ticking or smoke just runs great. Trans is 2spd power glide, shifts fine. rear end is 10 bolt posi traction, not sure of the ratio. Car has dual exhaust. Manual steering and brakes. just had recent brake job. Car actually steers quite easily for no power.Tires are all fairly new. B.F goodrich radial T/A, 215-65-sr15 on front 245,60,sr,15 on rear. Interior is just decent original. Factory bucket seats, drivers side bottom is split, console, floor shift, excellent carpets, decent door panels. Dash pad has 2 cracks, rear trunk liner is good. Have excellent boot for convert top in the bag. Top is new. Top is power but for some reason motor is not getting power. Maybe broken wire. All lines are hooked up. So we put the top up and down by hand. The body of the car is very decent. I would say it probably has rear quarters replaced at one point. doors and fenders in good shape. The drivers side door top hinge is bad so we will include a used for it. Steel cowl hood. Trunk lid nice. the trunk pan does show some older repair on the left side. Also there is some rust spots starting on the right side. So the trunk pan is useable but eventually should be replaced. floor pans are real good up front rear ones show some very minor rust spots starting. Frame rails are all good and solid. Rocker panels are very good also. Drivers side front fender has 2 small bubbles in the paint. For the most part the body and paint is real decent and presentable.Front and rear bumpers are in good condition . The tail light houseings do have some pits. All lights, turn signals, wipers, heater, radio etc work. The car does need a piece of stainless molding on the windshield just below the top. Not the one on the pillar but the one just above the glass. Also the car needs a good detailing under the hood. No leaks or anything like that just road grime from everyday use. I did check the cowl tag and the original color of this car was code y-2 butter nut yellow. Also i know it has ss emblems and gas cap but we don't know for sure if it ever was an ss so we won't be selling it as such.
    I have probably not even put more then 2000 miles on the car since I have owned it.
    I have the Billet Specialities Wheels 16 inch front and 17 inch rear with tires.
    All new brake pads, lines, master cylinder, wheel cylinders with the exception of the body to rear axle line.
    All new suspension bushings, shocks, inner and outer tie rods, body bushings.
    Corbaeu Street seats
    Center console guage pod with oil, water temp, rpm, and voltage gauge
    swapped out the powerglide for a 700R4 transmission. Had it professionally rebuilt before putting in the car. Still have the powerglide to go with the car.
    The top is power but needs at least new hydraulic lines and fuse
    New battery, cables, plus a electric kill for the battery
    A major tune up was needed plus a new air filter k&N
    160 degree thermo
    new radiator
    trans cooler
    rebuilt HEI components
    new door hinges even with this the driver side still sags a little
    I have new tank straps with isolators
    A few other extras
    The engine does have a cam but I know no specs
    I put tall valve covers
    Has Edlebrock intake and Carb
    double hump heads
    New Factory replace Springs front and Rear from NPD with KYB shocks

Here are more pictures http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/68%20camaro/
    If you got any question ask.
    Ray

iTrader
    14 (100%)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

iTrader

White
    2011 Vet 69 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    YES?!

iTrader
    14 (100%)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by am.mscl View Post
    YES?!
    One year from now, I would be all over this, very nice!

iTrader

White
    2011 Vet 69 Firebird

Thanks

iTrader

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Must hit lottery

iTrader

White
    2011 Vet 69 Firebird

bump for the weekend