Thread: Your opinion

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Your opinion

Hey everyone, I'm new here to the sight, and just wanted to know what you all think.
    I got a 94 Z28 6spd. There is a new engine under the hood, we won't get into specifics, but when I return home here from Iraq, it needs another one. Currently I have a CAI and edelbrock LT's. I'm looking at doing a little bit of work to the engine while it's out but I'm not really sure where to start. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Maybe like 1000 in performance parts. Any ideas? Also, does anyone have Edelbrock headers or know if they were just a waste of my money? As the car was, it ran 14.4 in Ohio, but that's with no traction at the line. Any help would be appreciated. I won't be back on till like next wednesday. Thanks guys

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

You're going to replace the engine or rebuild it? Obviously, on a budget, its cheaper to rebuild. But you won't get a whole lot for a grand. For that much you could do a cam with upgraded valvetrain or full bolt-ons. I would say heads and cam or stroker kit, but those are out of your budget.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Yes if it really need a new engine (shortblock?) it is gonna cost more than $1000.

I see that this is your first post.

Welcome to LS1.com

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new here to the sight, and just wanted to know what you all think.
    I got a 94 Z28 6spd. There is a new engine under the hood, we won't get into specifics, but when I return home here from Iraq, it needs another one. Currently I have a CAI and edelbrock LT's. I'm looking at doing a little bit of work to the engine while it's out but I'm not really sure where to start. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Maybe like 1000 in performance parts. Any ideas? Also, does anyone have Edelbrock headers or know if they were just a waste of my money? As the car was, it ran 14.4 in Ohio, but that's with no traction at the line. Any help would be appreciated. I won't be back on till like next wednesday. Thanks guys
    being you are from jacksonville, pm me when you get back and i'll point you in the direction of a couple of good shops in your area. the other guys are right 1,000 wont get much. if the motor is in decent shape a nice size cam would help. good luck over there, get home safe and enjoy your car

Black n Black

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. I think there was a mistake. The engine is covered under a warranty, so I don't have to pay for the engine. I just have to pay for installation which I found an F-body shop up in Greensboro that will do it for $900. I know $1000 isn't much to work with, but I was just looking for any sort of suggestions. I already have LT's and a CAI. But other than that, that is it. Any suggestions for bang for the buck, depending on, I might be looking to invest some more. But I'm looking at getting some rims for the car too. Thanks guys

Black
    99 SS

what part of ohio are you from? if your going to do the car in Ohio i can point you in a good direction

Black n Black

Here's my better yet...
    Not looking so much at the price now let's look at things. Then engine is just about stock along with the rear being stock, like I said, just LT's and CAI. The car has 155,xxx on it, including the drive tran. The engine is going to be replaced when I get back. I know a little about cars but when it comes to performance, ya got me. I would one, like to cam it. But with it being completly stock as far as injectors, MAS, TB, is that going to cause me any problems. Also what do you suggest going with as far as intake/duration, I would get the kit with the lifters, lockers ect. but would you suggest pushrods too because all the kits I've seen don't come with any.
    If I were to put the cam in, what else would I need to do to the engine/ drive tran.? If I do it I don't want to just half a$$ it and run into more problems later!! Thanks guys

Black n Black

Anybody have any suggestions?

red
    96 ss

[QUOTE=zggill04;578144]Here's my better yet...
    Not looking so much at the price now let's look at things. Then engine is just about stock along with the rear being stock, like I said, just LT's and CAI. The car has 155,xxx on it, including the drive tran. The engine is going to be replaced when I get back. I know a little about cars but when it comes to performance, ya got me. I would one, like to cam it. But with it being completly stock as far as injectors, MAS, TB, is that going to cause me any problems.

(((((( you should be ok with the stock injectors, as far as hp vs fuel requirements. you might want to have them cleaneed and pressure checked for and leaks.)))))))

Also what do you suggest going with as far as intake/duration, I would get the kit with the lifters, lockers ect. but would you suggest pushrods too because all the kits I've seen don't come with any.

((((((( you can get the hot cam kit , seen 330's rwhp and slightly more, from it. a pushrod upgrade wouldn't hurt.))))))

If I were to put the cam in, what else would I need to do to the engine/ drive tran.? If I do it I don't want to just half a$$ it and run into more problems later!! Thanks guys

((((( once you start modding it will never end. you add a cam with a few othere bolt ons, next thing you know the rearend breaks. due to the fact it can't hold to much power (manual making it easier to break the 10 bolt vs a auto) you will need a tune , just to make sure the AFR is correct and to get your moneys worth out of the swap.))))))

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i love when people use the word invest when they are spending money on mods. lol
    Click for full size

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    i love when people use the word invest when they are spending money on mods. lol
    the term (invest) used correctly when modding your car. "you can invest in a 12 bolt or a 9 inch , or you can invest in a gym membership . so you will be strong enough to push your shit home from the track, when you trash the stock 10bolt". now thats the truth

Thread Information