Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What would it take for a 94 z28 to beat a 07 sti?

This is a discussion on What would it take for a 94 z28 to beat a 07 sti? within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Wesman Sure you did. How are you sure he was bone stock?? You can't be, changing the ...

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sure you did. How are you sure he was bone stock?? You can't be, changing the ECU programming is not a visial mod

No Evo runs a 13.4 bogging off the line. Do the math. We're talking about a 235WHP car that weighs 3200lbs, with a less than optimal powerband. If he bogged off the line, or just launched it normally, he'd be running mid high 13's/low 14's. You can't argue with physics. Either you are making shit up, or he was modded.
    You are like that annoying guy back in HS who was almost always wrong, but you could never convience him he was.. It's quite sad really.

Now back to the topic -- I Saw an Evo run 13.00 and I also saw a 95 LT1 A4 - run a 14.5 same nite.. --
    But what do I know, ,, I was only there.

PS - I had a friend who had an EVO VIII -- it was an awesome machine. regardless if you a fan or not, you cannot deny it's performance.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    you say its all because of the all-wheel drive. thats like a 2.0L honda complaining that i have a V8! its retarded, you cant penalize them for having something you don't.
    I'm not penalizing them. I'm saying they are not as fast as they appear to be, based on their accleration numbers.

Also you say how the acceleration is soooo unimpressive. the cars can do 0-60 in 4.5 to4.8 range....stock! Thats pretty damn impressive! Much faster than a stock LT1 F-body.
    Have you ever driven either car?? Probably not. Notice the massive gap in the acceleration numbers from C&D, 0-60MPH in 4.8 seconds, 5-60MPH in 6.3 seconds. Most cars have a few tenths of a gap between those two tests, the Evo has almost 2 seconds gap. The great times are in the launch, once its off the line the acceleration is very unimpressive.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    You are like that annoying guy back in HS who was almost always wrong, but you could never convience him he was.. It's quite sad really.
    Now you're just grabbing at straws because you can't have a discussion without getting personal

Now back to the topic -- I Saw an Evo run 13.00 and I also saw a 95 LT1 A4 - run a 14.5 same nite.. --
    But what do I know, ,, I was only there.
    Don't believe you for one second. Keep making things up.

PS - I had a friend who had an EVO VIII -- it was an awesome machine. regardless if you a fan or not, you cannot deny it's performance.
    They are not fast cars in stock form. They are dog slow until the turbo spools at 3,000RPM as well. Can't argue with the numbers, its a 230WHP 3300lb car, thats not fast in my book.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post

done

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Now you're just grabbing at straws because you can't have a discussion without getting personal

Don't believe you for one second. Keep making things up.

They are not fast cars in stock form. They are dog slow until the turbo spools at 3,000RPM as well. Can't argue with the numbers, its a 230WHP 3300lb car, thats not fast in my book.

Wow, I just cant imagine how you've acquired so many warnings/bans/ etc...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information