Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

What would it take for a 94 z28 to beat a 07 sti?

This is a discussion on What would it take for a 94 z28 to beat a 07 sti? within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by SnakeEatr STis are just glorified WRX rallye cars. F-Bodies are just plain mean SOBs! True that. Riced ...

  1. #21
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEatr View Post
    STis are just glorified WRX rallye cars. F-Bodies are just plain mean SOBs!
    True that.

    Riced up rally cars aren't my taste

  2. #22
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEatr View Post
    STis are just glorified WRX rallye cars. F-Bodies are just plain mean SOBs!


    STi's/Evos are by no means my favorite cars, but I do recognize the abilities of those cars. They will outhandle, out brake, and out accelerate damn near any stock f body, at least through 1/4 mile. It's not uncommon for a stock STi or Evo to run a 13 flat through the 1/4. Not many LS1 cars manage 13 flat stock, in fact I think only a handful have gone into the 12s.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Riding the brakes at 60MPH to try and "built boost" is not normal, and its abusive to the car.


    Like I already told you, it isnt abusive. It's not like you have to hold the brake pedal to the floor :baffled: It isnt any harder on them than having to make a semi quick stop, in fact probably less so.

  3. #23
    Mustang/Rice Killer SnakeEatr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    TOLEDO, OHIO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    133

    Electron Blue
    2001 Camaro Berger SS

    Post

    [QUOTE=5.0THIS;824103]STi's/Evos are by no means my favorite cars, but I do recognize the abilities of those cars. They will outhandle, out brake, and out accelerate damn near any stock f body, at least through 1/4 mile. It's not uncommon for a stock STi or Evo to run a 13 flat through the 1/4. Not many LS1 cars manage 13 flat stock

    Sounds like you are betraying us.

    CAMARO. TRANS AM.
    TWO CARS, ONE MISSION............
    D O M I N A N C E !

  4. #24
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    STi's/Evos are by no means my favorite cars, but I do recognize the abilities of those cars. They will outhandle, out brake, and out accelerate damn near any stock f body, at least through 1/4 mile. It's not uncommon for a stock STi or Evo to run a 13 flat through the 1/4. Not many LS1 cars manage 13 flat stock, in fact I think only a handful have gone into the 12s.
    I've never seen a stock STI or Evo run anything close to 13 flat in the 1/4 mile, it just doesn't happen. Most mags, with prepped tracks, multiple runs, and semi-professional drivers, have only managed between 13.4-13.6. And on a very rare occassion 13.2. Most guys at the track, either stock or with a few mods, run mid-high 13's. You're only working with 230-240WHP, so unless you get a perfect launch and pull a ridiculous 60', you aren't running any impressive times.

    And for the record, a stock STI or Evo won't even out-accelerate a stock LT1. They will merely outrun it in the 1/4 mile due to the AWD launch, which allows them to jump ahead a couple cars off the line. Acceleration wise, neither car impresses me at all. In fact, I think they are garbage.

    Like I already told you, it isnt abusive. It's not like you have to hold the brake pedal to the floor :baffled: It isnt any harder on them than having to make a semi quick stop, in fact probably less so.
    You're pushing the gas and the bake pedal at the same time, while the car is moving. I think I remember learing that was a bad idea back when I was 6 years old and I got my first go cart

  5. #25
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I've never seen a stock STI or Evo run anything close to 13 flat in the 1/4 mile, it just doesn't happen. Most mags, with prepped tracks, multiple runs, and semi-professional drivers, have only managed between 13.4-13.6. And on a very rare occassion 13.2. Most guys at the track, either stock or with a few mods, run mid-high 13's. You're only working with 230-240WHP, so unless you get a perfect launch and pull a ridiculous 60', you aren't running any impressive times.

    And for the record, a stock STI or Evo won't even out-accelerate a stock LT1. They will merely outrun it in the 1/4 mile due to the AWD launch, which allows them to jump ahead a couple cars off the line. Acceleration wise, neither car impresses me at all. In fact, I think they are garbage.



    You're pushing the gas and the bake pedal at the same time, while the car is moving. I think I remember learing that was a bad idea back when I was 6 years old and I got my first go cart


    OMG you dont quit do you. I'm not going to argue with you anymore since it seems you really dont know what you're talking about, regarding ANYTHING being discussed in this thread.

  6. #26
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    OMG you dont quit do you. I'm not going to argue with you anymore since it seems you really dont know what you're talking about, regarding ANYTHING being discussed in this thread.
    Right, I don't know what I'm taking about. Or I just hate ricemobiles that require you to do stupid shit like holding the gas and brake at the same time to get the car to actually respond to throttle input. I'm done argueing with you as well.

  7. #27
    Member camarolvr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    384

    Silver
    1997 camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    STi's/Evos are by no means my favorite cars, but I do recognize the abilities of those cars. They will outhandle, out brake, and out accelerate damn near any stock f body, at least through 1/4 mile. It's not uncommon for a stock STi or Evo to run a 13 flat through the 1/4. Not many LS1 cars manage 13 flat stock, in fact I think only a handful have gone into the 12s.
    Sure the STi's are fast, but look at the price tag on one.
    You could buy an LS1 F Body for 10k, and put the other 20k you saved towards mods. The only similarity between the two cars is that they are both fast. STi- 4 cyl turbo four door with AWD, FBody- American Muscle.
    I am not bashing them or calling them rice, because they can definitely hold their own. "Different strokes for different folks" as they say. If I was in the market for a fast 4 door it would be between the STi and the Pontiac G8

  8. #28
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Right, I don't know what I'm taking about. Or I just hate ricemobiles that require you to do stupid shit like holding the gas and brake at the same time to get the car to actually respond to throttle input.
    Stupid shit? Brake boosting is actually pretty common knowledge, and by no means limited to "ricemobiles." You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, so you should probably not debate about turbo cars any further...

    Anyone with any real world experience will be able to tell you all about brake boosting. Maybe you should hit up the Buick boards and ask them... or even the Cy/Ty guys are see what they say.

  9. #29
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    Stupid shit? Brake boosting is actually pretty common knowledge, and by no means limited to "ricemobiles." You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, so you should probably not debate about turbo cars any further...

    Anyone with any real world experience will be able to tell you all about brake boosting. Maybe you should hit up the Buick boards and ask them... or even the Cy/Ty guys are see what they say.
    Save it for someone who cares, I know what brake boosting is. The fact that it can make the car respond faster from a roll doesn't change my opinion of it. Holding the brake and throttle at the same time on the highway is stupid IMO, if you have that much turbo lag on a stock car, than your car sucks.

  10. #30
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    It's not about lag... it's about having X psi of boost when you release the brakes. With modern turbos (especially of the ball bearing sort), lag is almost non existent when compared to older turbos. Taking off already at 5-10psi is faster than having to build boost, even if your lag time is only a fraction of a second.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 06-18-2007 at 04:17 PM.

  11. #31
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    STi's/Evos are by no means my favorite cars, but I do recognize the abilities of those cars. They will outhandle, out brake, and out accelerate damn near any stock f body, at least through 1/4 mile. It's not uncommon for a stock STi or Evo to run a 13 flat through the 1/4. Not many LS1 cars manage 13 flat stock, in fact I think only a handful have gone into the 12s.
    the only reason evos or sti's even get a 13 flat or close to run like that is because of their launch...from a roll, they can suck my nuts...a low 13 sec or high 12 sec pass in a stock f-bod is waaayyy more impressive

  12. #32
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    the only reason evos or sti's even get a 13 flat or close to run like that is because of their launch...from a roll, they can suck my nuts...a low 13 sec or high 12 sec pass in a stock f-bod is waaayyy more impressive
    You guys sound like a bunch of ricers!!! So you're badmouthing them because they have superior traction off the line?


    I love how everyone uses the 1/4 mile as the performance benchmark, until it doesnt benefit them anymore. This thread fucking delivers... hilarious...


    And as I've said before, I'm not a fan of either car, but I've never heard so many people make rediculous excuses about why a car sucks.

  13. #33
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I've never seen a stock STI or Evo run anything close to 13 flat in the 1/4 mile, it just doesn't happen. Most mags, with prepped tracks, multiple runs, and semi-professional drivers, have only managed between 13.4-13.6. And on a very rare occassion 13.2. Most guys at the track, either stock or with a few mods, run mid-high 13's. You're only working with 230-240WHP, so unless you get a perfect launch and pull a ridiculous 60', you aren't running any impressive times.

    And for the record, a stock STI or Evo won't even out-accelerate a stock LT1. They will merely outrun it in the 1/4 mile due to the AWD launch, which allows them to jump ahead a couple cars off the line. Acceleration wise, neither car impresses me at all. In fact, I think they are garbage.



    You're pushing the gas and the bake pedal at the same time, while the car is moving. I think I remember learing that was a bad idea back when I was 6 years old and I got my first go cart
    saw a stock evo III hit 13.00 at the track on Friday.. sorry you are wrong. Thank you come again. He also ran a 13.4 and he MAJOR bogged off the line.

  14. #34
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    oh yeah and to answer the original question - My Opinion_-----to get an Lt1 to beat and STI - (with equal drivers) It would take full bolt ons, or a 100 shot of Juice.

    WITH equal drivers that is....

  15. #35
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    saw a stock evo III hit 13.00 at the track on Friday.. sorry you are wrong. Thank you come again. He also ran a 13.4 and he MAJOR bogged off the line.
    Sure you did. How are you sure he was bone stock?? You can't be, changing the ECU programming is not a visial mod

    No Evo runs a 13.4 bogging off the line. Do the math. We're talking about a 235WHP car that weighs 3200lbs, with a less than optimal powerband. If he bogged off the line, or just launched it normally, he'd be running mid high 13's/low 14's. You can't argue with physics. Either you are making shit up, or he was modded.

  16. #36
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    oh yeah and to answer the original question - My Opinion_-----to get an Lt1 to beat and STI - (with equal drivers) It would take full bolt ons, or a 100 shot of Juice.

    WITH equal drivers that is....
    Or just a race from a roll, in which case the STI would get walked by a bone stock LT1 M6.

    To match it in the 1/4 mile though, yes, it would need a bunch of bolt ons or a shot of juice.

  17. #37
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    You guys sound like a bunch of ricers!!! So you're badmouthing them because they have superior traction off the line?
    I'm merely saying the car isn't as fast as it appears to be based on its ET. Sure it can run low 13's, but its not running low 13's because its accelerating hard. Its running low 13's because it can cut low 60' times by launching at 6,000RPM off the line. There's a big difference between a low 13 with a 101MPH trap speed and a low 13 with a 107MPH trap speed.

    I love how everyone uses the 1/4 mile as the performance benchmark, until it doesnt benefit them anymore. This thread fucking delivers... hilarious...

    And as I've said before, I'm not a fan of either car, but I've never heard so many people make rediculous excuses about why a car sucks.
    The car sucks because its way, way overrated. Wow, 235WHP, let me get excited. Drive the car, it pulls just like any other car with 235WHP, which isn't fast to say the least. That doesn't impress me at all.

  18. #38
    Member camarolvr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    384

    Silver
    1997 camaro z28



    This thread is gettin crazy.
    The guy just wants to know what to do to his car to make it fast.
    Plain and simple.
    Last edited by camarolvr69; 06-18-2007 at 09:04 PM.

  19. #39
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I'm merely saying the car isn't as fast as it appears to be based on its ET. Sure it can run low 13's, but its not running low 13's because its accelerating hard. Its running low 13's because it can cut low 60' times by launching at 6,000RPM off the line. There's a big difference between a low 13 with a 101MPH trap speed and a low 13 with a 107MPH trap speed.



    The car sucks because its way, way overrated. Wow, 235WHP, let me get excited. Drive the car, it pulls just like any other car with 235WHP, which isn't fast to say the least. That doesn't impress me at all.


    I already told you I'm done arguing with you... You're still posting the same mindless blathering bullshit, thats simply your opinion, and not based in fact at all.

  20. #40
    live fast, die young.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    santa ana
    Age
    31
    Posts
    141

    metallic blue
    1969 camaro

    Now im not gonna get to involved here in this battle royale.... but

    The fact that your talking about how amazing an LT1 F-body is but needs bolt-ons and many other things to beat the evo that you claim sucks so badly makes little sense to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    And for the record, a stock STI or Evo won't even out-accelerate a stock LT1. They will merely outrun it in the 1/4 mile due to the AWD launch, which allows them to jump ahead a couple cars off the line.
    you say its all because of the all-wheel drive. thats like a 2.0L honda complaining that i have a V8! its retarded, you cant penalize them for having something you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Acceleration wise, neither car impresses me at all. In fact, I think they are garbage.
    Also you say how the acceleration is soooo unimpressive. the cars can do 0-60 in 4.5 to4.8 range....stock! Thats pretty damn impressive! Much faster than a stock LT1 F-body.



    They're badass cars, plain and simple... but id still rather have my camaro....'less i was in the twisties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. got beat by a STI
    By 05gtoautoX in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 03:46 AM
  2. beat an sti from a dig!!!
    By jAgZ28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
  3. what would it take to beat a c6
    By therobman in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 03:34 PM
  4. the suv none of us could beat :P
    By Krazy351w in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 03:00 PM
  5. got beat by 02 SS
    By Musclefan21 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 01:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •