red
    1994 camaro z28

Question what size injectors should I run?

I have a '94 z28 a4 with lt4 hot cam, 1.6rr's, moroso cai, hooker long tubes, off road y-pipe, hooker aero chamber cat back, and a tci 2800 stall with a mad z28 tune. I have a stock injector that is stuck open and am going to replace all 8 of them. My question is should I put another set of 24lb injectors in it, or would I actually gain enough horse power to justify going to 30lb injectors and have ian retune it for those injectors? Thanks.

black
    96 impala

i would get some 30's you are surely close to maxing out stock injectors with what you are running.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Do you plan on adding any more mods? Like heads, or nitrous, or turbo/supercharger? If so, I'd say yes to the bigger injectors and tune them down until you need the extra fuel after the extra mods.
    If you don't plan on adding any more mods, I'd say the 24lb/hr should be fine for what you have. But I'm no expert on fuel injectors or fuel systems.

mystic
    95 LS, yes it says LS

I would go with the 30s. You can have your ECU tuned for it. Plus if you plan on doing more mods then you won't have to redo your injectors again.

black
    96 impala

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Do you plan on adding any more mods? Like heads, or nitrous, or turbo/supercharger? If so, I'd say yes to the bigger injectors and tune them down until you need the extra fuel after the extra mods.
    If you don't plan on adding any more mods, I'd say the 24lb/hr should be fine for what you have. But I'm no expert on fuel injectors or fuel systems.
    i would guess with the cam and exhaust he is close to 80% DC on the stockers,hell with a stock b-body camshaft i would see 85% with my combo.....
    he has gone this far,its safe to say the mod bug has bitten,its not likely the car will be put back to stock from here.
    just my .02

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    i would guess with the cam and exhaust he is close to 80% DC on the stockers,hell with a stock b-body camshaft i would see 85% with my combo.....
    he has gone this far,its safe to say the mod bug has bitten,its not likely the car will be put back to stock from here.
    just my .02
    Well, the only reason for bigger injectors would be for the radical mods, like forced induction or bigger heads.

black
    96 impala

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Well, the only reason for bigger injectors would be for the radical mods, like forced induction or bigger heads.
    thats true,and with his current mods,i would guess it wont be long and he will be upgrading the heads.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I was just saying that if he didn't plan on any more mods, the 24's would be fine, but if he is going with the bigger stuff, I agree that he should upgrade the injectors now so he won't have to do them later.

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

I agree with BLACKLT1Z28, if your gonna stay with stock heads and naturally aspirated then the stock injectors are just fine. If you plan on spraying or getting forced induction or even doing some bigger heads than yes you should go ahead and invest in the larger injectors. Keep in mind though that with forced induction your going to need larger than 30lb injectors so you could find yourself buying injectors again down the road.

red
    1994 camaro z28

So if I go with venom or FRPP 30 lb injectors, I still need to have madz28 reflash the ecm for them, correct? I am rather new to the GMs and with the 5.0 mustangs I have always had The mass air meter had to be recalibrated for injector size changes over a certain amount.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Yes, you will need to have the ECM reflashed for the larger injectors. Unless you want to start shooting fireballs out of the exhaust from running way to rich.

Hark_Z
    get some 30#'s

Arrest Me Red
    1997 Formula

The thing is, you can tune the 30s down and run them now. If you mod again, you can't tune the 24s up. I learned this lesson, which is why I have a set of 36s just laying around the house.

Thread Information