sebring silver
    2000 z28

what should i look for

i found a 95 red z28 for 4000 that i am buying for my girl

the car seemed to run fine but compared to my 2000 z28 it seems to hit bumps harder, shocks? the car does have 130,000 miles and its an auto

the service light is on along with a little red light that looks like a tank with liquid in it, i don't know much about the lt1, is that the gas cap light or a coolant level light , the guy did say he replaced the water pump and he told me you have to reset the computer when you do so, is that true

i need this car to be reliable so let me know what i need to look for or replace for preventative maintance. i was planning on replacing the hoses and doing a good tune up, also should i replace the timing gear and chain

Black
    99 SS

u will prollly in the very near future be doing a transmission rebuild with those kind of miles on the car, also watch out for the opti spark, those go bad very often because of where they put them on the LT1 cars.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

opti spark? what is thta and cost

red
    95 Z28

Have the car scanned to see what the SES light is... The low coolant light is the other light. If the coolant level is full, then the sensor has likely gone out (common problem). The sensor is easily replaced, it isnt too expensive, and sits on the radiator end tank. below the filler cap. The optispark is the distributor, and is a common problem area on these cars. They are very prone to moisture damage, so if you change out any cooling system rpelated parts, be very careful to keep it dry (it sits right under the water pump ) As long as the car runs well and is pulling no misfire etc codes, then dont worry about it. Look for an oil leak at the rear seal of the intake manifold, another common problem.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

thanks will do

Thread Information