Thread: what exhaust

red
    1994 chevrolet camaro z28

what exhaust

i want get a louder exhaust for my car right now i got edelbrock headers and a flowmaster with the cat i wanna take out the cat and do a slp loudmouth but i dont kno how loud it will be i want something loud that sounds good. what would work out.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

it will be very raspy . . . maybe true duals with bullet style mufflers. . . maybe a tsp true dual setup?

red

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    it will be very raspy . . . maybe true duals with bullet style mufflers. . . maybe a tsp true dual setup?

yea i was think about doing that but i dont know its gonna be a lot of money to do that. i just want it to be really loud.

loudmouth catback and tsp true dual not that much difference in price . . . loudmouth is about 389 i believe, tsp duals are about 450. ill check reall quick for ya

red

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    loudmouth catback and tsp true dual not that much difference in price . . . loudmouth is about 389 i believe, tsp duals are about 450. ill check reall quick for ya

yea that would help thanks man.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

BORLA ftw!!!

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by LT1ricekill View Post
    i want get a louder exhaust for my car right now i got edelbrock headers and a flowmaster with the cat i wanna take out the cat and do a slp loudmouth but i dont kno how loud it will be i want something loud that sounds good. what would work out.
    If want Louder exhaust don't buy new exhaust. buy a CUTOUT

And SLP loudmouth sounds like crap i think. Magnaflow 2 win

They got Few lt1 on here
    http://www.ls1sounds.com/slp_loudmouth.htm

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird Formula

i have slp loudmouth II on my 93 formula...it doesnt sound too bad...its loud at least lol. of course the car isnt running a 100% so that may be affecting the sound a bit. it still sounds good and loud city or cruising speeds.

red

Quote Originally Posted by 01ArcticFormula View Post
    i have slp loudmouth II on my 93 formula...it doesnt sound too bad...its loud at least lol. of course the car isnt running a 100% so that may be affecting the sound a bit. it still sounds good and loud city or cruising speeds.

yea i really wanna do that but every says they sound like shit but i just herd one on my friends ws6 and he has no cats and just the loudmouth on it and its really loud and it sounds really good with his cam. idk i think im gonna do the slp loudmouth if it sounds like shit then its my money i wasted. thanks tho is the cat out in yours

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by LT1ricekill View Post
    yea i really wanna do that but every says they sound like shit but i just herd one on my friends ws6 and he has no cats and just the loudmouth on it and its really loud and it sounds really good with his cam. idk i think im gonna do the slp loudmouth if it sounds like shit then its my money i wasted. thanks tho is the cat out in yours
    cool....u wont be disappointed. i didnt have my cat taken out, however i will in the near future....that or just have it hollowed out so it appears i still have a cat for emissions. the system i got on my car is 3" all the way w/ 3.5" tips and is actually made for the ls1 cars so make sure if u get the same one that u get the right hangar kit to allow it to fit....if i remember correctly it should come with it. also when u have the exhaust installed to adjust it to what looks good....if it sticks out too far or hangs too low it will look like shit...have the hangar or brackets tightened enough so it doesnt hang low or move to freely.

red

Quote Originally Posted by 01ArcticFormula View Post
    cool....u wont be disappointed. i didnt have my cat taken out, however i will in the near future....that or just have it hollowed out so it appears i still have a cat for emissions. the system i got on my car is 3" all the way w/ 3.5" tips and is actually made for the ls1 cars so make sure if u get the same one that u get the right hangar kit to allow it to fit....if i remember correctly it should come with it. also when u have the exhaust installed to adjust it to what looks good....if it sticks out too far or hangs too low it will look like shit...have the hangar or brackets tightened enough so it doesnt hang low or move to freely.
    thanks yea im just gonna by the loudmouth muffler itself and have someone custom do it because i want the rectangle tips on my car and put then dead center on the car like the 02ss thanks tho i hope it sounds good.

White
    91, Z/28, LT1, T-56

Borla 4 sure. Its the loudest cleanest sounding in my opinion. plus they have a million mile warranty plus the tips they have are beautiful

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzell View Post
    Borla 4 sure. Its the loudest cleanest sounding in my opinion. plus they have a million mile warranty plus the tips they have are beautiful
    I cant help to notice, but you have a 3rd gen with an Lt1 and t-56? can you post any pix. srry for the thead hack

10's N/A

Yeah if loud and mean is what you wan't than a Borla adjustable is the way to go. I run the B&B Tri-Flo system, which is the absolute best sounding system for both LT1 Camaro/Firebird/Corvette and LS1/LS2 Corvette in my opinion. Not as quite as loud as Borla through.

Why not just cut the cat, weld in a pipe and replace the muffler?

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

i gutted my sons cats on his stock 04 z today and put a a magna flo for a ss on it. it has a 3' inlet and 2.5 outs i used a 3inch to a 2 and a half reducer to make it fit and i bought a couple of $5 turn downs and it sounds like a pair of 12in woofers constantly vibrating at idle and has that deep throaty growl at wot.

red

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    i gutted my sons cats on his stock 04 z today and put a a magna flo for a ss on it. it has a 3' inlet and 2.5 outs i used a 3inch to a 2 and a half reducer to make it fit and i bought a couple of $5 turn downs and it sounds like a pair of 12in woofers constantly vibrating at idle and has that deep throaty growl at wot.

sweet probably sounds good i might try that idea thanks man

What about the codes. Did the check engine light come on?

Thread Information