Throttlebody question

My new manifold has 58mm ports... I've been looking around for a 58mm tb to go with it, but I'm up for suggestions... I've seen a few, wanted to get your guy's opinion on them.

Also, does it matter that I have traction control, or does that link up to any tb?

Awaiting Activation

Is your motor stock or what??

will be putting on le2 heads/cam and headers, so no but i also got a ported manifold but it has 58mm tb intakes, so was wondering if anyone could recommend a brand. i see edlebrock, arizonC5 Cspeed and marine, holly, bbk, nos...

Awaiting Activation

I personally don't have one yet, but I'm looking at the AZ Speed & Marine piece.

Or I believe there is a guy over on cz28 that bores the stock piece out to 52mm. Are you sure you're going to need a 58mm with that setup?

No, but I see no need in mounting a 52 when I already have room for a 58 cost the same, and the intake is already ported to 58mm, so why not? cant hurt, can only help.

Awaiting Activation

Bigger is not always better. I'm not sure on all the reasoning behind it, but I'm pretty sure that if you go with too big of a TB you can hurt your power. It's like putting a 1000cfm carb on a stock 283, yeah it may be cool, but it's gonna flood it out.

Hi all, looking to take a 93-97 LT1 and convert to LS1 by buying Patriot Heads and using an LS6 intake manifold and either 78 or 90 mm throttle body. Has anyone done this? What heads/throttle body did you use? Did you need a new ECM? I plan to build for a TT setup in the LT1 after this conversion. Any additional work needed for LT1 bottom end to handle boost?

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sero_TT
    Hi all, looking to take a 93-97 LT1 and convert to LS1 by buying Patriot Heads and using an LS6 intake manifold and either 78 or 90 mm throttle body. Has anyone done this? What heads/throttle body did you use? Did you need a new ECM? I plan to build for a TT setup in the LT1 after this conversion. Any additional work needed for LT1 bottom end to handle boost?

First off, you need to start a new thread, not steal someone else's. Second, you can't bolt LSx heads or intake onto an LT1 shortblock. If you want an LSx conversion, get an entire motor, and yes you will need many things beyond the motor. Need any more info start another thread.

Mystic Teal
    1997 Camaro Z-28

my friend lost 5 hp on his cam only car after switching to a 58mm from stock going too big and your motor doesnt need it, will hurt performance.

Thread Information