Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

throttle body spacer???

alright heres a question for everyone, why dont they make a throttle body spacer for an LT1? i tried to email JEGS about it, but they are Aholes and never responded, i asked if they could custom make one for me but no answer. just curious why they dont make one, if its not possible, if there wouldnt be enough demand or what? let me know what yall think or know.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

A throttle body spacer would do yo no good. THe purpose if a spacer is to give the fuel and air mroe time to mix, on an LT1 fuel is not entering through the throttle body so it would be useless

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

ya i kinda figured the dont really do alot of good, but was stil curious. and to be honest i like the sound that they make in the exaust, i know im gonna get some grief from that but oh well, everyone likes different stuff. so is there no way to get this kinda item or make one yourself without it being to ghetto haha

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I'd be willing to bet ebay sells them if you really want one

red
    95 Z28

They dont make one, and there is absolutely no need for one. It would have zero affect on exhaust sound PERIOD. Also, if such an item was even made, you would have problems with all of the linkage working, and then also the intake elbow would not clear the radiator. It wouldnt work anyway.

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

hmm oh well at least i now i know why i have never been able to find one, and never will. since i have yalls attention still, i have another quewstion. for some reason my oil pressure gauge moves alot. at idle will be be at a little more then 20, then as you give it gas it will go up depending on how much gas you give it, like if i floor it it will go all the way up to little more then 60, but as soon as you let off it will go back down and it just hops around with the throttle. its done this since i have got the car and i have had a complete tune up including fuel filter, but not the fuel pump. what do yall think, is it fine probably i mean it never has dropped all the way and it hasnt even really got any worse or better since i got the car.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

That's fine, oil pressure should increase with rpm, the oil pump is motor driven. It's natural. I read somewhere once that 10psi per 1,000 rpm is a great relationship to have, and it seems you are easily within those standards.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    That's fine, oil pressure should increase with rpm, the oil pump is motor driven. It's natural. I read somewhere once that 10psi per 1,000 rpm is a great relationship to have, and it seems you are easily within those standards.

that's an old standard, and isnt even necessary with today's oils. Nextel Cup cars run little more than 50-60 psi oil pressure while turning 9000+ rpms. Volume is more important than pressure.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    that's an old standard, and isnt even necessary with today's oils. Nextel Cup cars run little more than 50-60 psi oil pressure while turning 9000+ rpms. Volume is more important than pressure.
    I learned from old school, and I'm still pretty stuck on it in a lot of ways

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    I learned from old school, and I'm still pretty stuck on it in a lot of ways

No problem.. Smokey Yunick would be proud of you ... I'm pretty sure that was his rule to begin with...

Medium Quasar Blue
    1994 Z28

I have a throttle body spacer for an lt1. I bought it about 4 years ago off of ebay. It hasn't really been used. The only 2 problems installing it was, if you have a rounded thermostat housing it won't fit without grinding it, and the plastic cover over the linkage is stretched a bit, but it can still be used.

Thread Information