turquoise
    1995 Firebird

thinking of buying a new car.

well the summer is comming im tired of having this V6 firebird im gonna sell it, i wanna get another firebird but LT1 but 3 of my biggest problems is gas, insurence, and reliability is the LT1 decent on gas or not at all cause its a v8 is there any factory problems with that motor where if you dont get this or fix that right away your car is gone. im gonna need something to last for awhile but with some power, i know there is many performance mods for this car to give mild tuned hondas and integras the buisness, but my question is reliability because if this motor isnt as great or reliable im gonna look into a MK3 supra turbo or a sr20det 240sx nothing along those lines.. ive seen a couple of 93-97 *what i can afford* Firebird with LT1 *not sure if that makes it a formula or just a firebird with a lt1* around here for about $4k some information on this motor would be help so i can look of staying american muscle and not pacific muscle, and if worse comes to wrose ill look into a 5.0 foxbody.

White with Black Stripe
    1995 Trans Am

LT1's get pretty decent gas mileage, my 95 auto gets 30-31 on long highway trips and like 18 ish around town.
    Insurance isnt too bad since LT1s arent worth that much anymore (but you could still do better.
    If you've got the 3800 V6 (unless you've got the 3.4), LT1's are not nearly as reliable as the 3800 since that V6 is known to be pretty reliable. LT1's i guess just need a good amount of maintennance at least in my experience and from reading stuff on the board.

Not sure about any crippling things that should be fixed from the factory, You can look through the TSBs on many sites

We're all here to help you, but please DONT turn a TA or camaro into a ricer, I'm sorta getting the impression you're looking that way, Firebirds are musclecars and need to be that way

Also try to write with spaces between your lines and some complete sentences, it'll make it easier for people to understand and answer your questions, no offense.

G'luck with your purchase and hope this was helpful

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

thanks for the information on the motor, but not johhny the ricer here only thing that would be considered rice that i plan on doing is putting some new formula badges on the car, and honeycomb tail lights, and some rims.

10's N/A

Along with those items pick up a WS6 hood. I also love Formy's with wide wheels/tires. Without the body kit (like the T/A) you can really see the meats from behind

silver
    1997 z28 LT4 / 4L65e tran

My 97 LT4 z28 gets 18 mpg around town and 34 mpg highway ! Its got 3.23 gears w/ zextel torsen posi and 4l65e trans. That with hooker mid length headers , Custom cam , air conditioning, desmogged and PCMFORLESS tuning.

With stock torque converter it will run 8.70s 1/8mile. ( 8.30s 1/8mile with 2800 stall vigillante converter ) Oh, and it will still peg the speedO @ 155 mph !

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Along with those items pick up a WS6 hood. I also love Formy's with wide wheels/tires. Without the body kit (like the T/A) you can really see the meats from behind

i do the like ws6 ram air for that style i would love to find one but cheapest ive seen where around $600 and rims i wanna deep lip and some wide tires but those are gonna be expensive.

Awaiting Activation

Silver / black
    95 Z28

Hey man check out Thunder Racing, they have a 4" raised cowl hood for $340. Most places do free shipping for orders over $200 also. Might not be a bad deal for you.
    ~ZCam95

Thread Information