Thread: Stumble problem

Black
    1996 Trans am

Stumble problem

Oksoi detailed mycar the other day,I stuffed towelsdown where my opti is andsparayed the engine off with a light mist of water, the engine was not warm it was cold, I then sprayed 50/50 mix of dimple green let it sit for 3 mind andrinsed with water and repeated that twice. Then got a blower and blowed all the water off engine everywhere and then put some CD2 engine shine on it and let it dry and then I cranked it up, and it idled higher than normal for about 5 mins and then came down slowly to normal , so I take it for a drive and and when its cold at about 1500-2500rpms it stumbles really bad but past that rpm it clears up, and it will stop doing that when the engine warms up!! Does anyone know what is goin on?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

To tell you the truth my 97 has been in the family since new and I have probably sprayed down the engine 30 times in its life and never had a problem. You might check to make sure you didn't break a Vac hose or loosen the conections to the opti. Hell the front of my car was under water back in 99 or 00 from an over flowing dranage pond. Left the car there and went back 2 days after the water went down and fired it up. Same opti now for 60K miles since that. I have 90k on it and still works fine.

None

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    To tell you the truth my 97 has been in the family since new and I have probably sprayed down the engine 30 times in its life and never had a problem. You might check to make sure you didn't break a Vac hose or loosen the conections to the opti. Hell the front of my car was under water back in 99 or 00 from an over flowing dranage pond. Left the car there and went back 2 days after the water went down and fired it up. Same opti now for 60K miles since that. I have 90k on it and still works fine.
    Yeh... Vacumm hose! I really think!!!

I have had many older cars of mine do that, then changed all vac lines!
    Then life was grand.

Peace Out!

This Guy has great points! Hoses!!!!!!!!!

I'm inclined to agree, sometimes it's just the simple things, I always tend to think it's the opti myself just because I went through this several years ago... start simple then get to the expensive stuff

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

my friend has a 94 firehawk and sprays the motor down all the time. he just bought a 94 corvette w/ 53k takes it to car wash for the first time and fried the opti. so to me ours is just gonna keep lookin dingy under the hood.
    Last edited by t-rock; 12-26-2008 at 05:58 PM.

red
    2000 camaro ss

its always a good idea to cover your filter and spray your motor off while it's running. but i agree with the other guys, start with the easy/cheap stuff then move to expensive stuff. from what you orignally said i dont think anything is wrong with your car, whatever got wet that "didnt like it" seemed to be ok after it warmed up and dried out. still havin problems?

Thread Information