stroker q's... again

1)
    i found a few 383 kits but some mention this:

"Note: The flexplate for 1 pc seal cranks has a external weight, this weight needs to be REMOVED when using this kit.

If you don't want to remove the weight, for an additional $50 you can get this kit balanced and it will come with the flexplate. It's your decision how you want to order this kit."

Is one way to do it better then the other?

2)
    On a 96 lt1, will there be a need for any machining for clearance? ive heard yes and no but niether owned an fbody and are jsut assuming from other motor experience.

3)
    i have impala gaskets, shortened pushrods and 56cc le2 heads so compression right now is about 11.2:1 according to LE's estimates... what kind of pistons should I look for to keep the compression tame for a daily drive on 93 octane?

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I would have it balanced that way you don't have to get any extra machining. You will need your block clearanced to clear the rods. Also check with the cam manufacturer to see if it will clear.

right now i have a modified le1 cam but le2 heads, so if i were going to go all out with a 383 id have lloyde come up with somethin to go with the extra cubes and take advantage of the le2 heads... im just tryin to figure out what pistons i need, saw a few lists and apparently 56mm yeilds big compression increase and pair that up with the thinner impala gaskets in there already. i want to lower the compression even if possible to plan for a blower down the road! i always build in prep!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Well then you are going to want some kind of dished piston. Are you using your stock block? Do you know if you were going to use a 5.7 or 6.0 inch rod?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Usually you have the engine builder figure that out because it depends on the stroke , Rod length, and how far the block has to be decked if at all. Then you take the head cc and gasket and figure out your compression ratio to make sure you can run on the fuel you want like nos, or pump 89, or 93 gas, forced induction... all plays a part of the final parts you uses.

Thread Information