Results 1 to 7 of 7

Service Engine Light

This is a discussion on Service Engine Light within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have a 94 z28 I removed the emissions pump and now the car is throwing 2codes, egr electrical fault(code ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member ls1_02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    85

    RED
    94' Z28

    Service Engine Light

    I have a 94 z28 I removed the emissions pump and now the car is throwing 2codes, egr electrical fault(code 27), canister purge electrical fault(code 26) and for some reason it throws code 26 twice. Is there any thing I can do to delete this from the computer?

    One more thing, we all know the trouble I went through with my car getting hot thread, by the way still cooling great, maybe to good...the only problem is my heater is heating but not real great . The heater core isn't leaking....could it still be bad??? The only other thing is I put in a 180 degrees thermostat. If I set still in traffic or a stop light and let the temp get up a bit it tends to heat better but traveling down the road with fans off the temp stays at the mark between the 160 and the middleand doesnt heat worth a damn, do I need to put in a hotter thermostat?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Age
    34
    Posts
    58

    Metallic Blue
    94 Z28 A4 T Tops 52K MINT

    Smile Hello fellow 94 ZZZ owner

    I have two 94 Z28's and never have removed the air pump. If you don't mind me asking why did you take out the air pump?
    I am not 100% sure how to fix you computer from throwing those codes, if it were my car I would contact one of those computer reprogrammer places online not sure what there name is but I know they do custom programming to match what you car has and what you want.
    I am almost 100% positve your car came with a 180 thermostat stock. 160 works great with a manual fan switch. I know that some 94's had heating issues, something about there might be a gap between the heater core and vent ducts they may be letting cold air in after the air passes the heater core. I have never had this problem with mine yet. When your car is idling and the heater works better, sounds like the gap problem because when start moving again the cold air might be getting through into your duct sys. I would check for gaps where your heater core is and where your car gets the fresh air in at. I don't think your heater core is bad, they either leak or get plugged somehow, but that is not a common problem with LT1's.
    Let me know what you find. I hope this info helped.
    Scott.

  3. #3
    Junior Member ls1_02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    85

    RED
    94' Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by My94ZZZ View Post
    I have two 94 Z28's and never have removed the air pump. If you don't mind me asking why did you take out the air pump?
    I am not 100% sure how to fix you computer from throwing those codes, if it were my car I would contact one of those computer reprogrammer places online not sure what there name is but I know they do custom programming to match what you car has and what you want.
    I am almost 100% positve your car came with a 180 thermostat stock. 160 works great with a manual fan switch. I know that some 94's had heating issues, something about there might be a gap between the heater core and vent ducts they may be letting cold air in after the air passes the heater core. I have never had this problem with mine yet. When your car is idling and the heater works better, sounds like the gap problem because when start moving again the cold air might be getting through into your duct sys. I would check for gaps where your heater core is and where your car gets the fresh air in at. I don't think your heater core is bad, they either leak or get plugged somehow, but that is not a common problem with LT1's.
    Let me know what you find. I hope this info helped.
    Scott.
    I took it off mainly b/c the engine bay looked cleaner and it seemed unecessary. I will also be removing the egr valve when I put on the new intake. thanks for the info I will check for gaps it just seems if the temp get up to almost middle it heats alot better.

  4. #4
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    897

    Red
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1_02 View Post
    I took it off mainly b/c the engine bay looked cleaner and it seemed unecessary. I will also be removing the egr valve when I put on the new intake. thanks for the info I will check for gaps it just seems if the temp get up to almost middle it heats alot better.
    Mine stays cool and heats up just fine, tooo freaking well if you ask me, tonight it was 30 outside and i rode around with the windows down and was confertable if that tells you anything.

  5. #5
    Junior Member ls1_02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    85

    RED
    94' Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Mine stays cool and heats up just fine, tooo freaking well if you ask me, tonight it was 30 outside and i rode around with the windows down and was confertable if that tells you anything.
    yea, so does my brother's camaro, mine use to before it sat in the garage for a year. I'm thinkin it might be a partially clogged heater core, probably not though b/c I flushed the heater core pretty good.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JaycenK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holiday,FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,378

    Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

    Have you switched to synthetic fluids?

  7. #7
    Junior Member ls1_02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    85

    RED
    94' Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    Have you switched to synthetic fluids?

    not yet but I plan on it... I was told the 180 thermostat was probably the culprit my car should have a 195 unless I have the computer modified. what do you think.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Service engine soon light ! why why why???
    By denegrader in forum General Help
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
  2. Check Engine light vs. Service Engine light
    By bigrig73 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:11 AM
  3. Help: Service Engine Soon Light.engine Code No.7missfire
    By josh68 in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM
  4. Service engine soon light = Check engine light?
    By jinxeng in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 01:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •