Thread: pain in the ass

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

pain in the ass

sorry but this is a little long. ok so since Rita hit down here i came back and my trans am survived with no damage. the problems i was having with it before was it warmed up then ran crappy. so i started to fix em all, including rethreading the hole for cylinder 3, new opti, new wires, new plugs, new coil and ignition module. that cost a whole lot more than i wanna discuss, but if you live around beaumont dont take your car to lonestar performance. they dont know shit and they cant get any of their stories straight. i finally get my car back and it dies on my in traffic. wtf? call lonestar, cuss em out a little and they pick my car up and i get it back a little later. still runs like shit. so i get the alternator changed and that keeps it alive. finally at long last i'm broke and the SES light decides to come on, O2 sensor. get it fixed and it runs great. i think "YAY this rocks like " . a couple weeks later i'm driving to my wedding and it starts to act up again. only now it runs bad while warming up then when the SES light comes on and it's warmed up it runs ok.i just got some exhaust leaks welded shut where the header slips over the y-pipe. did nothing for me. it shoots out black smoke bad when accelerating. getting out of first gear is when it feels the most sluggish then it accelerates better in the gears after that. i need to get the SES light checked again but havent had time. my car is an A4, 2.73 gears, has LT4 hotcam, heads machined to lt4 specs, full 3" exhaust with no cats, longtubes, nitrous but i never use it anymore, cold air intake, descreened maf, throttle body airfoil, and still on stock tune. i've been wanting to get a new cpu and some 3.42 gears in there but that keeps taking a back seat to everything else unfortunately. anyone have any suggestions or ideas to help me out. i miss driving the thing but i'm tired of putting all my money in it and getting nowhere with it but i refuse to sell it.

sunfire yellow
    1993 trans am

Well it sounds like it is running really rich...maybe fouled some of the plugs..I would try changing plugs..why it is running rich I don't know...I have an a4 stock cam,heads. but long tubes,no cat air or egr..and I have a cai,t.b.airfoil, and a pcmforless tune..I put in a walbro pump was causing me to run a high fuel pressure 42lbs. at idle really rich, now I put in a accel afpr and set it to 38lbs. that help to lean it out...I would try to put on a fuel rail fuel pressure guage can prob. barrow one from somewhere and see where it is set at at idle..should be 38lbs. and 43-46 at wot.
    just a thought..

sunfire yellow
    1993 trans am

Oh yeah sounds like you really need a tune on your computer also..I heard just from intake and exhaust like headers you need one, I would say since you did the heads and cam it really needs one, prob. why your running rich..but I would check the plugs, prob. first..

^^ Sick of it all

CGM/BGC
    98 Z28 / 98 Formula

Damn sorry to hear this but answer me this. How did your car run when it was running right with those 2:73 gears? I heard that even the smallest cam and headers wouldnt go to good with those gears.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

it ran smooth and fine. the acceleration is far from what it could be, but it was smooth transportation. now it's just missing while it warms up and shit and i'm having a hell of time trying to pin point what i need to fix on it.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

You need FRONT O2s it sounds like, they are the ones that control air fuel ratios not the rears, and you need a tune bad with a hot cam and headers and all
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 12-25-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

just replaced those and it worked for awhile then it started to fuck up again.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I agree with the guys above you need a tune and then a tune up.

Sinister Z
    Probably doesnt help that your MAF is descreened either.

Thread Information