Ordered my 4.10s!!

I finally saved up enough spare for the parts and installation costs, so I just ordered my 4.10's!! I can't wait to get them in! I still have to get the new clutch installed (ordered a spec2 with no fly), but once thats in and set, 4.10's are a go!

still savin to get my headers put in, but I'm almost done with the performance mods... only have cam and a few other adjustments, then it's on to suspension/traction and then I should be content for the next few year while i save for a 383 blown rebuild!

how much a difference do you think i will see with the 4.10's now?
    Last edited by grandkodiak; 02-12-2006 at 03:59 PM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I dont know , but keep us up to date.. Thanks

Ocean
    1995 Trans Am

I have a 1995 383 stroker trans am and when i installed my 4.10's I noticed a huge difference! You will be able to tell believe me.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 95TA383
    I have a 1995 383 stroker trans am and when i installed my 4.10's I noticed a huge difference! You will be able to tell believe me.

You noticed a big difference in large part because you have a motor that can rev higher than the stocker, and hence take advantage of the shorter gears.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

so how high can you rev a LT1 and not worry.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    so how high can you rev a LT1 and not worry.

factory redline. It does no good to rev a stock motor any higher anyway.

BLACKED OUT
    94 LT1 CAPRICE

you will notice the difference....one of the most noticeable bolt ons you can have/

BLACKED OUT
    94 LT1 CAPRICE

you will notice the difference....one of the most noticeable bolt ons you can have/ make sure you have the pcm reprogrammed or you will phuck yourself over

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak
    I finally saved up enough spare for the parts and installation costs, so I just ordered my 4.10's!! I can't wait to get them in! I still have to get the new clutch installed (ordered a spec2 with no fly), but once thats in and set, 4.10's are a go!

still savin to get my headers put in, but I'm almost done with the performance mods... only have cam and a few other adjustments, then it's on to suspension/traction and then I should be content for the next few year while i save for a 383 blown rebuild!

how much a difference do you think i will see with the 4.10's now?

Your car will come off the line like a monster. When I put 4:10's in my 95 M6 LT1 it was good for one thing. Great big smokey burnouts. If you stomp it form a roll it will produce alot of smoke and anyone who rides in your car will think its a rocket...lol...I love my 4:10's but man, Its alot of gear. Plan on doing some suspension work. BTW, Your car is awsome looking man!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS
    factory redline. It does no good to rev a stock motor any higher anyway.
    My 95 Z28 and formula was set of 6200 and I ran it there more times then I can count and it lasted for more then 200+ thousand miles without so much as an oil leak. My 97 is currently set there as well.

Just becasue its set there does not mean you have to rev it out all the time. But if you have a CAI and a few accenting mods you may as well have it set at 6200. Just dont rev it there everyday of the week. Every LT1 I have had was set there with the stock cam and I have never had a problem with any of them and they have all seen a fair share of track time.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by robb4964
    My 95 Z28 and formula was set of 6200 and I ran it there more times then I can count and it lasted for more then 200+ thousand miles without so much as an oil leak. My 97 is currently set there as well.

Just becasue its set there does not mean you have to rev it out all the time. But if you have a CAI and a few accenting mods you may as well have it set at 6200. Just dont rev it there everyday of the week. Every LT1 I have had was set there with the stock cam and I have never had a problem with any of them and they have all seen a fair share of track time.

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with the valvetrain's ability to absorb that many RPMS and still last. It has everything to do with the fact that you dont make any power up there. I dont care what bolt ons you have done.... the motor with the stock cam and heads is going to be falling off hard at that point. All you have to do is put one on a dyno to figure that out. It is absolutely pointless to rev the motor that high, other than to make more noise and subject your valvetrain to rpms it was never intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS
    You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with the valvetrain's ability to absorb that many RPMS and still last. It has everything to do with the fact that you dont make any power up there. I dont care what bolt ons you have done.... the motor with the stock cam and heads is going to be falling off hard at that point. All you have to do is put one on a dyno to figure that out. It is absolutely pointless to rev the motor that high, other than to make more noise and subject your valvetrain to rpms it was never intended for.

I missed the point because you failed to make one. You said it was pointles but didnt say why. I agree though. LT1's fall off WAY fast after 6200.

ALRIGHT, the numbers are in. I've passed the 500 mile marker with the 4.10's in so I've been having a little fun. My OBD2 comp is down for the time being, so I cant post ya any times yet, but as far as drivability, AWESOME. 1st gear is tough, but if you roll on the throttle you can keep it sane. 2nd gear with squeek the tires and launch your ass hard! going into thirst they still squeak abit but 3rd gear feels like a shuttle takeoff, its jsut constant high g and you get going FAST! 4th feels quicker but generally this is the around town gear, easy to maintain 40mph. 5th gear is usuable at 35 for super economy but right around 40mph and up its smooth. 6th if great for 55+ zone, take it right upto 65 and its still very low... id say 70-75 will be easy cruise for long highway time. i had 3 days in the rain, and it was very stable. if you stepped on the gas in 1st it still tried to get away from you, but normal traffic acceleration there were no tractoin issues what so ever.

As for gas miliage, mine actually went up! pretty substantially too! i had a mix of strong take offs, pulling through the gears and downshifting, and a about 40 miles or so cruising on the highway. Overall I averaged 17mpg!! not bad at all, not bad at ALL.

For anyone and everyone with an M6, do yourself a favor and go get some 4.10's!

I had fun this time around, a few had pulls and high rev driving, and still managed 14mpg.

12 Pounds

Silver
    95 Z

i would have to agree the 4.10 is a fun gear but if you plan on doing much more i would have gone with 3.73. when i put a procharger in my lt1 z28 it seemed like all i was doing was shifting and trying to keep it on the pavement traction will be a huge issue later on down the road. but for the mean time enjoy!

True true... but in figured thats waydown the road anyway, by then i'll be spending so much on the car a moser 12 wont be out of the question

with stickey tires I say around a .3 1/4 mile gain with a few mph

Thread Information