blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

now she wont even run, opti prob?

SHORT VERSION; coolant spilled on optispark and now car wont idle/run.....

ok guys im going insane here..... sorry for the essay, ok here it goes; i drained the coolant to take off the throttle body so i could switch the old TB with one i got from pic n pull/sensors n all. after i got the TB on and coolant refilled i started the car and it idled at like 2k for almost ten minutes (figured it was normal cause i took off the IAC sensor and cleaned it) it never started to idle normal so i went to take it around the block and after about 100 ft the car died, the coolant line to the front of the TB started spitting water outta the side all over the front of the engine including the opti spark!(the clamp on it was broken on the hose) so i fixed the clamp and the car wouldnt start for a bit, almost like the opti or something was wet and it needed to dry a lil. after like ten minutes the car started, it starts idleing perfect 850rpm, so i drove the car back around the block and when i got home the dies again and i can hear the water boiling over the reservior like it was overheating (was low on water due to the TB leaking) i let it cool, filled it back up and now the car doesnt wanna start/stay on. when it does stay on it barely idles at 300rpm and then usually dies. one of the times it started idleing at 300 i gave it gas(fullthrottle) about 3 times all the way to 5500k then let it idle down and it stayed idling at 850rpm, i then took it around the block(it felt a more sluggish than usual but other than that ok) when i got back home i let it idle for a bit then i shut it off and tried to start it agian AND bam! samething, wont barely idle at 3-400rpm and if you try to change the gear it bogs and it dies..... WTF!!!!!! im loosing my mind here guys, im expecting a baby anyday now and i really need this thing to be somewhat reliable..... could coolant spilling on the opti f'd something up? any ideas would help im completely at a loss................

car is a 95 z28 h/c, no dyno tune, just a shi* street tune for now.
    Last edited by ggino85; 09-18-2009 at 07:34 PM.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Ok, i got the distributer off and the new one is ready to go in. i noticed on the old one it doesnt have the 2 round rubber ring seals that go on the pin drive shaft, would that have caused any internal damage? just wondering cause i dont wanna put on the new one and something be wrong internally.....

also should i do some siliconing on the new distributer cap before i put the distributer on the car, for extra water proofing?

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

well i got the new opti on the car and it still wont start. it blew the AIR pump fuse so i put a new one on and it blew it agian...wtf? i then disconnected the AIR pump, left the fuse out and tried to start it, it blew the pcv valve off the side of the intake and smoke came out! wat the hell!!!! please guys any ideas??????

pewter

i dont have a answer but the timming has to be off

Thread Information