Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No cat and running extreamly rich

This is a discussion on No cat and running extreamly rich within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by LT1Redneck I went by the parts store 2day and borrowed there scanner and it showed i threw ...

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LT1Redneck View Post
    I went by the parts store 2day and borrowed there scanner and it showed i threw a lean left O2 senors 44 time, Shift light failure 91 times and an EGR failure 32times.
    Not exactly sure what all that is, but doesn't sound too difficult. My guess would be that the driver's side O2 sensor is shot, replace it.
    Not sure what to do about the 'shift light' failure, hope you have an M6.
    With the EGR, you can either block it off with block off plates and throw it away, or if you need it for emissions/inspection, you can replace the EGR pump. Those are my GUESSES. But I really don't do codes.

Sometimes one problem can cause other codes to appear. So, it's hard to tell what the original problem is.

I'm still curious to see what the actual code number is.. I have never heard of these computers tell how many times the code was flashed. But instead only Which codes were stored.. not how many times. haha Something is fishy here. You smell that? *sniff*
    Last edited by Chad97z; 12-26-2006 at 07:36 PM.

LT1 Guy

Quicksilver
    03 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    Sometimes one problem can cause other codes to appear. So, it's hard to tell what the original problem is.

I'm still curious to see what the actual code number is.. I have never heard of these computers tell how many times the code was flashed. But instead only Which codes were stored.. not how many times. haha Something is fishy here. You smell that? *sniff*
    lmfao. i thought it was me for a sec, mabey i stepped in something. but i think your right its coming from the screen. the only think is i know the cags codes is none repetitive. when it pops it goes away and stores. it will only show it once. o2 after a cycle of working they will go out and be stored. if it is stored already and during another cycle is acting up again it will throw the code again but i dont think the pcm stores how many times it has done it. i guess i would wonder, why would he post if it isnt true? so we should just address the problem exagerated or not. i tried to time my smiles green poopin and the faint but it just wont work. lol.
    Last edited by 96slow6; 12-27-2006 at 03:25 PM. Reason: smiles

Quote Originally Posted by 96slow6 View Post
    lmfao. i thought it was me for a sec, mabey i stepped in something. but i think your right its coming from the screen. the only think is i know the cags codes is none repetitive. when it pops it goes away and stores. it will only show it once. o2 after a cycle of working they will go out and be stored. if it is stored already and during another cycle is acting up again it will throw the code again but i dont think the pcm stores how many times it has done it. i guess i would wonder, why would he post if it isnt true? so we should just address the problem exagerated or not. i tried to time my smiles green poopin and the faint but it just wont work. lol.

It's really hard to follow your english. If you want to tell someone how it works, maybe you should think about how you write... Plus, would you want to take advice from someone that is worried about the timing of making smiley faces turn colors and poop and faint? You should listen to yourself and proof read your replies. You sound like your missing a few screws..

LT1 Guy

Quicksilver
    03 Corvette Z06

It's really hard to follow your english. If you want to tell someone how it works, maybe you should think about how you write... Plus, would you want to take advice from someone that is worried about the timing of making smiley faces turn colors and poop and faint? You should listen to yourself and proof read your replies. You sound like your missing a few screws..
    im sorry if you dont like the way i write. and the advice wasnt directed at you. sorry im from a place that gave me an accent. and the smilies was out of haveing nothing better to do. thanks for the advice but i will have to pass. im a dumb hillbilly and would probly just get it wronge anyway right?

Hillbilly's have camaro's and computers? haha BlackLT1 is just 19 .. review some of his posts. and your 24?

LT1 Guy

Quicksilver
    03 Corvette Z06

I dont have a Camaro. But i do have a computer. I have no desire to be proper. Like everything on any site, information and advice is there take it or leave it.

f-body... whatever

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Whoa, you guys need to simmer down. Lets try to keep it on topic and not attack each other. We're all here for the same reasons, we like cars and we like to talk about cars. We just need to wait for him to post the actual codes.

Black
    '94 Z28

Im guessing that it wuz saying how many times the code has popped. i wanna use a more detailed scanner and check my numbers on the car. Im looking at buying sum EGR b/o plates and changing the O2. It is a M6 car and i believe it has the CAGS skip shift in it. hell 4 all i know it may be unhooked. I ONO???? But when i get the actual code number i will let ya'll know. I just used the one that they had at O'Reilly's. I guess it is for idiots that don't know what to look for. LOL
    '94 Z-28 M6 K&N CAI, ORY, Unscreen MAF, TB Bypass, TB Air Foil, Flowmaster 80 series, Centerforce Clutch, 160 degree therm., 18X10.5 rear and 17X9.5 front Z06R wheels. soon to be taken to the track

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    yeah after i got my longtubes, ory and killed the cat...it was runnin insane rich...after the tune..it prob cut it in half, its still runnin rich though, but i can deal with a lil of it

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    yeah after i got my longtubes, ory and killed the cat...it was runnin insane rich...after the tune..it prob cut it in half, its still runnin rich though, but i can deal with a lil of it
    That's because you got longtubes with it. Longtubes on a stock tune will always run a tad rich.

you can help lean it back out with a factory MAF that has been ported.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

you can help lean it back out with a factory MAF that has been ported.
    But its real easy to damage MAF. You have to be very careful if you do port it, but I wouldn't do it.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    But its real easy to damage MAF. You have to be very careful if you do port it, but I wouldn't do it.
    Why would it be easy to damage the sensor? You're working on the MAF ends, not the sensor itself (in most cases). I have aftermarket ends on my tuned LT1, and it works just fine.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Because the sensor is, well, sensative, and you can damage the wires easily.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Why would it be easy to damage the sensor? You're working on the MAF ends, not the sensor itself (in most cases). I have aftermarket ends on my tuned LT1, and it works just fine.

Do you have the original uncut MAF ends? I would buy them off you if you do, and if the price is right

That's because you got longtubes with it. Longtubes on a stock tune will always run a tad rich.
    yeah but it still runs a lil on the too rich side for my liking...and im lenient with that,lol...my other friends with ls1's wont even drive behind me for long periods of time cause of the fumes...and this is still with the madz28tune
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

That's crazy, a tune should remedy that real easy. Longtubes are a basic bolt-on.

That's crazy, a tune should remedy that real easy. Longtubes are a basic bolt-on.
    yeah thats what i thought...after the tune it helped a lot but its still pretty bad, extremely noticeable, like reallll noticeable,lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information