New to the forum!!!

This is a discussion on New to the forum!!! within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hi guys, This is my first post. I just bought my first camaro. Its a '96 LT1 camaro 6 speed. ...

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

New to the forum!!!

Hi guys, This is my first post. I just bought my first camaro. Its a '96 LT1 camaro 6 speed. How fast are these cars in the 1/8 mile stock? I am going to the track this weekend and want to see what to expect from this car. My track is only an eight mile track. What can I do to this car to make it even faster? Are there any free mods?
    Thanks in advance everybody, I hope I enjoy this forums.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Welcome to the site, post up some pictures if you can.
    If the car is completely stock im not sure about the 1/8 mile but the 1/4 times are usually low 14s, some break the 13s with a good driver. As for mods, since your a 6 speed, go with 4.10 gears, sub frame connectors, long tube headers (if you not worried about emmisions) intake, exhuast, tuning pretty much anything like that will really wake up the car.
    Also you would hook a lot better on the track if you replace your rear springs with V6 springs

red
    96 ss

9's in the 1/8th. if it is a factory freak and you can drive like a mad man very high 8's.
    as far as free mods that work , is this a daily driver or a toy? cause we can cut allot of weight out of it quick.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Actually guys I traded that '96 camaro already for a '99 Z28 auto. Its got an LS1 engine. The guy I bought from said he already installed a K&N filter, a mass air meter (don't know what size) and a borla exhaust, and Flowmasters.
    Do you guys know what gears these cars came with? I seems like it need some more gear. I was used to my 4.10 geared stang. What kind of oil do you use for this engine. Its got 130k miles but still runs strong. Last will this car usually in the 8's in the 1/8 mile?

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by 98_ls1maro View Post
    Actually guys I traded that '96 camaro already for a '99 Z28 auto. Its got an LS1 engine. The guy I bought from said he already installed a K&N filter, a mass air meter (don't know what size) and a borla exhaust, and Flowmasters.
    Do you guys know what gears these cars came with? I seems like it need some more gear. I was used to my 4.10 geared stang. What kind of oil do you use for this engine. Its got 130k miles but still runs strong. Last will this car usually in the 8's in the 1/8 mile?
    Welcome!

What kind of Mass Air Sensor?

Bola AND flowmasters???
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I think it has a borla midpipe and Flowmasters. I haven't gotten under the car yet. I'll do that tomorrow and post pics also.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea im also kind of confused with having borla and flowmasters...Either way I think it comes with 2.73 gears? If you plan on upgrading the gears go with 3.73 gears that you would be your best bet. As far as oil use Penzoil Platinum 10w-30.
    So how does it feel from going to a stang to LT1 and now an LS1?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I checked under the car. It has stock midpipe and flowmasters only. I also found out the car has 3.23's gears. I also found out it still has stock MAF. Just a K&N filter. go figure. It feels awesome with the change from a stang to an LS1. I don't regret the change at all.

Thread Information