pokrmnyLT1

Need some help spending some money!!!!!

First off I'd like to say this is a great forum(lot of info)

Ok now the fun part. I just bought a 96 TA(A4). And I have some more money to spend on mods. My ultimate plan is for it to be a 383ci 11sec street car, but thats a ways down the road. for now I wanna do as much as I can. I wanna add stuff that I won't have to take off and up grade once I get the stroker. I have about 3,000 to spend. heres what I was lookin at.

BMR-LCA,SFC,STB,Tourqe Arm
    BBK-52mm TB
    Hooker-LT headers
    Moroso-CAI
    Exhaust- STill undecided

Then im not sure where to go after that. I will be doin wheel and tires also. I'm lookin at Nitto555's for tires. Any help GREATLY appreciated.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Sounds like a good list of upgrades to me,I don't see a torque converter/gears on your list.

Yank or PI have great FBody converters a set of 3.42 or 3.73 gears would go good with this combo.

A heads/cam swap would also be good while you put the money together for your stroker.

BTW budget about $1500.00 for a tranny rebuild,as even a mildly modded engine can put the hurt on a 4L60E in a hurry.

DisCrete
    Talk to Eric with www.victoryracingengines.com He might have a few other suggestions what you can do.

He's on LS1 also

Eric@victoryracing = user name
    Last edited by DisCrete; 08-24-2005 at 08:49 AM.

pokrmnyLT1
    Thanks for the input. I forgot about gears, thats another thing I'll definatly do I'll go to 3.73's. As far as the exhaust I was lookin at The Hooker LT headers and the hooker y-pipe, there is already a flowmaster can on it. Do I need to go ahead and get all new pip from the y-pipe back? Thanks again.

Medium Quasar Blue
    1996 Camaro Z28

Suspension mods look good. Those never hurt. If you don't have to pass emissions then long tube headers are as good as any bolt on mod you can do. I don't know if you have a flowmaster catback or muffler but if you have the full catback then most come with an intermediate pipe and it may have already been replaced. I think the GMMG is the best sounding catback for these cars but it's pricey. A more wallet friendly alternative is the magnaflow system. It's all stainless and has a nice sound during acceleration and quites down nicelly under cruise. I have the hooker catback and it's okay but if I had it to do again I'd buy the magnaflow. I'd save some money and hold off on the larger throttle body. They aren't necessary on a stock displacement motor and have been dyno proven to make little to no gains (again on stock displacement). I'd say the same for the CAI. A lot of people buy these and claim they make a difference but I can't justify spending $200 on a piece of plastic and a filter. My buddy and I have raced and are virtually identical on mods except he has a CAI and I just put a holley powershot filter in my stock air box and I don't see any difference. Certainly not the 15-20 hp that they claim these add. Gears will help you launch better but decrease fuel economy so it's a trade off. I'd take the $550 or so that you'd save on the throttle body and CAI and buy some really good tires if you don't have some on there already. Those are often overlooked and can make or break the way your car launches and handles. Overall looks like a good start. Good luck on your project!

Black
    99 SS

true duals man, you will not regret it at all

SOM
    1998 Z28-408 l92 stroker

can the m6 hold up alot of power?

Thread Information