Thread: Need Help Asap

Need Help Asap

Garage called, all my stuff is in but the valve covers are touching the new rockers! I didn't think I was going to need new valve covers, but there we go.

BUT all the chevy covers I've found so far say they do not work with the LT1 that have a notch by the alternator... I have no way of finding out if i do or not, i dont have a ride to the garage and they arent sure what i mean.

so i need to overnight something from the web in the next 2 hours for overnight garuntee or i'm out another days work!!

anyone link me to a pair of valve covers that is sure to work?? 1996 LT1 trans am!

Ok the garage called my covers DO HAVE NOTCHES, so I need TALL covers that will fit WITH THE NOTCHES!

Also they said the fucking intake they sent me doesnt fit, which means the stock has to go on, which ISNT ported to 58mm!!! WTF ELSE COULD GO WRONG.

SO i need to know if they can mount the 58mm tb on the stock size for now or will they have to put the stock tb back on too!!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Does anyone have the link to where theres that step by step procedure on how to drill off the excess metal on the alternator housing to make normal valve covers work? i cant find it anywhere and my mechanic agreeded to do it if i could find the instructions!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    Does anyone have the link to where theres that step by step procedure on how to drill off the excess metal on the alternator housing to make normal valve covers work? i cant find it anywhere and my mechanic agreeded to do it if i could find the instructions!
    Is there a step by step precedure to grinding the alternator. I had an LT-1 Camaro and I am pretty sure that you can't grind that much meterial off of the alternator.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

What kind of rockers did you get? What kind of intake did you get?

red
    96 ss

http://www.victoryracingengines.com/...hp?SECTION=282

these clear the rockers and alt. there are adapters where you can run the taller perimeter valve covers, instead of center bolt covers. bad part is a company i know got some in and they didnt even have a hole cut in them for the oil filler. might want to ask before you order.

I already ordered some covers, had em overnighted will be at the garage tomorrow sometime. i god the tall polished ones with the red chevy logo on them...

anywho there was definatly a guide out there, i still cant find it. i swear i was just looking at it about a month ago or so, i can even remember a picture of the notch before and after the grinding. god i need to find that soon....

Red
    1994 z28

What rockers do you have? Maybe could've made them fit by cutting/ bending the part that was hitting.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    I already ordered some covers, had em overnighted will be at the garage tomorrow sometime. i god the tall polished ones with the red chevy logo on them...

anywho there was definatly a guide out there, i still cant find it. i swear i was just looking at it about a month ago or so, i can even remember a picture of the notch before and after the grinding. god i need to find that soon....
    its on camaroz28.com . i ordered a piece that will raise the alt less than a inch , to get it out of the way.

Thread Information