bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

my car is running crappy

heres whats happening, sometimes and i stress sometimes, although it is rather often, the car wont start unless i give it some gas and if i dont keep on the gas a little it stalls. it gets better as it gets warmer but when it starts like that it runs crappy. the oil pressure gague, alternator gauge and the tach all drop to about 1/2 what they are supposed to be. i noticed that this happens a lot more when i have a 1/2 tank of gas or more idk if that has anything to do with it. the plugs and wire have about a year on them so there not old. any ideas?

Black
    98 Z-28

Those are the kind of symptoms that would cause me to start "throwing parts" at, (which means money) ....fuel pump, pressure regulater, a number of various sensors such as throttle position, idle, etc., etc.....and then once I've spent too much and still haven't solved the problem, I'd take it to a repitable shop that has the capability to plug it into one of those "fancy pants" diagnostic computers that will pin point the exact problem within about 5 minutes of being hooked up.....it'll cost you about $50 bucks but save you alot of trouble shooting headaches.

Green
    1996 Z28 Camaro

Check the fuel filter, make sure it isnt clogged. Also run a fuel pressure test. Could also check and make sure you have fire to the plugs when its acting up like that.

As far as a scanner goes, they don't always tell you whats wrong. If the pcm didnt pull a code, they usually wont tell you much at all.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by silvernuke View Post
    Check the fuel filter, make sure it isnt clogged. Also run a fuel pressure test. Could also check and make sure you have fire to the plugs when its acting up like that.

As far as a scanner goes, they don't always tell you whats wrong. If the pcm didnt pull a code, they usually wont tell you much at all.
    sounds like he needs to run a data logging program and watch the fuel pressure and all the other systems. hit up your local area in the bottom of the forums and ask if someone in your area has data logging program that they will help you with, cheap and easy thats the way to fly.

Thread Information