Thread: motor build

white
    96 ws6

motor build

i just got all the parts for my motor build and i was wondering if anyone new a good place to get it built around the southern pa or northern maryland area? what do u think it might cost if i pull the motor and take it to them?

hey, don't bother... i have an lt1 engine from my '93, and i dumped over 5k into it. it is in excellent shape, but i am now going down the route of selling my car. I'm in elizabethtown (lancaster) if you want to see it, i also have the receipt/specs on the engine if you want to check that out before you go and spend the money on yours. send me an email or something if you want to check it out!

Selling the motor seperate? I'm interested.

let me know what kind of details you want on it, or if you just want me to fax you the receipts so you can read it for yourself. Like i said i put over 5k into it, and i'm looking to sell the whole engine complete, from air filter to heads for 5000, i also have jet hot coated long tubes, if you are interested. My email is hot93rod@hotmail.com if you have any further questions

Grey?
    78 BMW 320i with mods

Your post seems abit odd. Usually the place that does the rebuild, gets all the parts for you, it's cheaper and easier this way.

If you can pull the motor, and have all your new parts; you should be able to rebuild it yourself with a manual, tools, cleaning gear, sealers, and a good torque wrench.

i can almost agree to that, except for the fact that during a rebuild, especially for performance, there is more than a few things that you will be needing to go to a machine shop for, so it might as well just be left completely up to them, besides, i don't think that many of us here have the luxury of our hobbies being our full time job...

Grey?
    78 BMW 320i with mods

Quote Originally Posted by hot93rod View Post
    i can almost agree to that, except for the fact that during a rebuild, especially for performance, there is more than a few things that you will be needing to go to a machine shop for, so it might as well just be left completely up to them, besides, i don't think that many of us here have the luxury of our hobbies being our full time job...
    Absolutely. If you're not doing it yourself, have one good person make the decision on the parts, and the machining (based on customer needs). Years ago, I was fortunate to have a good relationship with a machine shop to help with our re-build decisions. This machine shop knew all of our routine re-build requirements (marine engines - 4,6, 8 cyl, foriegn and domestic). It was always a perfect rebuild, which was probably result from good communication.

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

anywheres but F-body Central... stay away from them at all costs...

Thread Information