Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LT4 Firehawk h/p

This is a discussion on LT4 Firehawk h/p within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by brynnda REALLY????? and i was starting to think maybe something went bad with my setup thats a ...

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by brynnda View Post
    REALLY????? and i was starting to think maybe something went bad with my setup

thats a lot of crap on that car for not a lot of h/p..... i need a procharger now
    you could do a procharger or a big cam. like a really big cam. the lt4 heads will flow a ton more than stock. I think the numbers are like 255/ 180. with numbers like that matched with the right cam you could produce 400+ hp. you just need the right cam.

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

heres my cam info, big enough?

Duration @ 0.050" Lift : 222/230
    Valve Lift : .509"/.528"
    (LSA) : 112
    RPM Range : 2000-5500
    "Amber" - 97 WS6 LT4 converted Trans Am, SLP headers, 3200 stall, 1.6 RR's, line lock, cut out, exhaust, pioneer system, too much to list!
    www.WS6Racing.com

Black
    '96 Impala SS & '14 SS

It'll do .

KW

red
    95 Z28

thats a lot of crap on that car for not a lot of h/p..... i need a procharger now

Just FYI I'm referring to one of the ~125 or so SLP converted LT4 cars from 1997, that had the factory LT4 cam, etc. Their ratings were fairly accurate, and they gain so much from a tune because it is my understanding that they just used the standard LT1 PCM from 1997, with no changes for the LT4 motor.

white
    94 camaro z28

well honestly lt4 isn't the cheapest way to produce power. the cheapest would be le1 head package with a more aggressive cam. or le3 head with an even more aggressive cam if you want to pay the same amount as an lt4

edit: my car with just a 181cc port by a local shop, some oversized valves, 1.6rr, conical valve springs, and full bolt ons untuned puts out a littl over 350hp. lt4 is kinda a rip off unless you have the money to get some more porting done.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Just FYI I'm referring to one of the ~125 or so SLP converted LT4 cars from 1997, that had the factory LT4 cam, etc. Their ratings were fairly accurate, and they gain so much from a tune because it is my understanding that they just used the standard LT1 PCM from 1997, with no changes for the LT4 motor.
    they did have the changes to remove egr and air for the lt4. the lt4 cam makes it redundant. it also is slightly different fuel curve. they purposely detuned it though and underrated it to make the ls1 look better.

white
    94 camaro z28

Duration @ 0.050" Lift : 222/230
    Valve Lift : .509"/.528"
    (LSA) : 112
    RPM Range : 2000-5500
    go bigger. way bigger. give me a minute and I can find one that will really flow for it. I am a fan of the lt4 hotcam just because I like the sound of the idle when tune correctly.

white
    94 camaro z28

your heads will flow all the way up to .600 lift. I was doing a little quick research, because I know that I have seen 360hp out of those heads without that big of a cam and one place said the edelbrock cam is a huge improvement, then I found some flow charts and their maximum flow is at .600. that is crazy. nice job gm. you could have just put bigger valves in it and made that same flow rate at .550, but nope you had to make it so we need absolutely huge cams to take advantage of it, but oh well. if you want all the power out of it just call up comp cams and tell them what you have and tell them you just want power. if you want to just make power with it, just go BIG. if you really want power and don't care about how easy it is on the street just go with a huge cam with a 110lsa and tons of lift. at least .550 more if you really are wanting power.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Only seen dyno numbers for one stock 97 6 speed LT4 car. It ws 290rwhp, 311rwhp with a tune.
    I only saw one lt4 f-body dyno test which was a 1997 Camaro SS, which put out 307/318. I just based the average on the dyno results over at lt4 dyno registry.

Black
    95 Z28

i had an lt4 hotcam, theyre garbage, hated it enough to put the stocker back in. ill need a stock converter, we should trade
    I have seen your car on many forums and it is a very fine example of a T/A.
    Although, I do not agree with you about the Hotcam.

A personally know someone who has a 94 Formula M6, and with Pacesetter LT's, CAI and a dumped exhaust he went 13.6 @ 102.

After installing a 160 Thermo, Hotcam Kit and having a PCMForless tune he went 13.05 @ 106.
    Now I don't believe a tune and thermostat got him .5 tenths.
    Its not the greatest cam but I wouldn't post this if I hadn't seen the results with my own eyes.
    Your car should be much stronger for its mods.

My 95 A4 with only a K&N Air Filter, new 245/50's and Mobil 1 went 13.89 @ 99 when I first got it.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by burnzilla View Post
    I have seen your car on many forums and it is a very fine example of a T/A.
    Although, I do not agree with you about the Hotcam.

A personally know someone who has a 94 Formula M6, and with Pacesetter LT's, CAI and a dumped exhaust he went 13.6 @ 102.

After installing a 160 Thermo, Hotcam Kit and having a PCMForless tune he went 13.05 @ 106.
    Now I don't believe a tune and thermostat got him .5 tenths.
    Its not the greatest cam but I wouldn't post this if I hadn't seen the results with my own eyes.
    Your car should be much stronger for its mods.

My 95 A4 with only a K&N Air Filter, new 245/50's and Mobil 1 went 13.89 @ 99 when I first got it.
    The HOT Cam is not the best cam out there, but it is by no means a terrible cam. I've seen multiple full weight hot-cam cars in the mid 12's. It's just that there are better sticks out there that will give you more power with lower emissions than the hot cam.

i passed emmisions with flying colors! love the sound too but..................would like more power out if it. its ok if you dont want to get to aggressive but.........

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by tomsws6 View Post
    i passed emmisions with flying colors! love the sound too but..................would like more power out if it. its ok if you dont want to get to aggressive but.........
    Have you dyno'd yet with the cam? I ran the HOT cam on my first f-body, a '94 Z M6, and made 324rwhp with the cam, headers, and a bolt-ons. I ran the LLoyd Elliot LE1 Cam on my next car and liked the results much better

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Have you dyno'd yet with the cam? I ran the HOT cam on my first f-body, a '94 Z M6, and made 324rwhp with the cam, headers, and a bolt-ons. I ran the LLoyd Elliot LE1 Cam on my next car and liked the results much better

yeah, got 360rwhp out of it. i feel with the mods that have been done that there should be more. maybe not but, i still have stock head (ported/polished) and would like to go a little more extreme but i have to pas emmisions every two yrs. DMV

10's N/A

yeah, got 360rwhp out of it. i feel with the mods that have been done that there should be more. maybe not but, i still have stock head (ported/polished) and would like to go a little more extreme but i have to pas emmisions every two yrs. DMV
    On my LE1 setup, I had the LE1 Cam + LE1 Heads, AS&M Mid-length headers w/ ORY, and full bolt-ons, I mean everything down to the electric H20 pump. The car made 371rwhp and still **passed emissions**! It was a '93 T/A w/ a B&M 700R4.

On my LE1 setup, I had the LE1 Cam + LE1 Heads, AS&M Mid-length headers w/ ORY, and full bolt-ons, I mean everything down to the electric H20 pump. The car made 371rwhp and still **passed emissions**! It was a '93 T/A w/ a B&M 700R4.
    what do you make now with out the NOS. have you run it on straight motor?

10's N/A

what do you make now with out the NOS. have you run it on straight motor?
    On the car in my sig, I run a forged 355 11:1 w/ a SCAT rotating assembly, stock heads, full bolt-ons, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, and a custom cam from Speed Demon Motorsports that was designed to be very similar to the CC306 but make more power. On the motor it turned 371rwhp; 512rwhp on the squeeze. I currently have the 200hp jets installed, but have not ran it yet with them. I also have a set of 205cc heads I recently aquired from Advanced Induction sitting in the garage. I am awaiting on purchasing a beefier tranny, larger injectors, and re-tune. The Nitto 555R's pretty much suck as I can not put the power that I wan't to the ground even w/ suspension and the auto as I should be running faster in the quarter w/ my setup. I will be needing slicks for sure!
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

On the car in my sig, I run a forged 355 11:1 w/ a SCAT rotating assembly, stock heads, full bolt-ons, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, and a custom cam from Speed Demon Motorsports that was designed to be very similar to the CC306 but make more power. On the motor it turned 371rwhp; 512rwhp on the squeeze. I currently have the 200hp jets installed, but have not ran it yet with them. I also have a set of 205cc heads I recently aquired from Advanced Induction sitting in the garage. I am awaiting on purchasing a beefier tranny, larger injectors, and re-tune. The Nitto 555R's pretty much suck as I can not put the power that I wan't to the ground even w/ suspension and the auto as I should be running faster in the quarter w/ my setup. I will be needing slicks for sure!
    ha! nice... im just hopin for 12's

10's N/A

ha! nice... im just hopin for 12's
    12's is as easy 1-2-3. I've been low 12's with just bolt-ons - that's it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information