Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lt1 vs lt4 kit

soon to be T.A. owner

lt1 vs lt4 kit

i was looking through the summit catalog and found an lt4 kit for the lt1.. my question is whats the difference in the lt4 motor and the lt1.. what year and wat cars did lt4 come out in?? if this gets good replys then after i buy my lt1 T/A i will probably save up for the lt4 conversion kit which is only $2300

The LT4 kit is a waste of horsepower per dollar. Get some lloyd heads and cam for 1/2 the price and you will run circles around a lt4 conversion car. The LT4 kit comes with an LT4 intake LT4 heads LT4 hotcam with valvetrain parts and 1.6RR. The LT4 came in limited cars including the grand sport corvettes a few slp SS's and firehawks rated at 330hp they will usually outrun a stock ls1 by a few cars. The LT4 motor has a better flowing intake and heads with a mild cam with 1.6RR. The LT4 hotcam is more aggressive then a oem LT4 cam. A true LT4 motor has 4 bolt mains some extra crank work done and a little more compression then a stock LT1...

soon to be T.A. owner

so if i get an lt1 what performance mods should i do other than headers and intake.. a new valvetrain??

some nice ported LT1 heads with a matching cam, long tubes with tuning and a cold air kit will net you around 400rwhp it depends what your goal is really...

soon to be T.A. owner

Quote Originally Posted by 96355TA
    some nice ported LT1 heads with a matching cam, long tubes with tuning and a cold air kit will net you around 400rwhp it depends what your goal is really...
    ok ive been checking up and i found a hotcams lt1 cam kit with roller rockers and everything but it dosent come with the lifters. the lt4 intake manifold. hooker longtubes. cold air. vacuum pump to make up for the cam. cutouts. new waterpump. tune up. and maybe port and polish.. the total w/o the port and polish was about $2600 and i left a few things out

skip the lt4 kit... there are far better heads and cams out there... at a better price too.

note that corvette motors also mark higher since they come true dual from stock (equiv and then some to a catback on an fbody with the same motor)

visit eportworks.com I was running his le2 package for awhile with long tubes, cai, tuning, true duals, 30# injectors, msd ign. I made 432rwhp on a stock bottom end

soon to be T.A. owner

ya ive decided to skip the lt4 kit and go with a performance hot cam kit. and buy the lt4 intake manifold and just keep the stock heads.. ok another question..

if i run hooker headers and reduce it to 2.5", put cats on, then run an H-pipe, then after the h-pipe run 3 wingnut cutouts and after those run two glasspacks and dump it.. would it work clearance wise with the driveshaft and axle?? (if u understood a word i just said)

Black
    99 SS

yes it can work, just have to find a good exhaust shop. it will cost about 1,000 for true duals if u want them to exit out the rear of the car

soon to be T.A. owner

no i was wanting to dump it right after the axle and i calculated abo8ut $670 for the whole thing. not including O2 sensors

Black
    99 SS

yep sounds about right to me. if u want it really loud then get flowmaster 1 chambers, lol. fucking outrageous

soon to be T.A. owner

i was gonna run true duel with twin cutouts before the cat but that wouldnt work.. i was also thinkin about runnin some flowtech glasspack hornies right after the header but that would meen i wouldnt have cats or cutouts.. i want cutouts no matter waht though.

Black
    99 SS

if i can remember correctly those bolt right up to the headers right??? if they do i think u will have clearance problems with them because they will want to tend to hang down and scrap unless u put hangers on them. because i wanted to go the same rout untill i found that out about them

soon to be T.A. owner

ya they also have a slip on type for them instead of 3 bold collector hook ups.. so i decided to run it right befor the glasspacks in the rear.. then just hook the cats up to the headers and run an H-pipe.. im gettin pissed off though because there is so much shit i wanna do but cant bc i dont even have the car to experiment with.. lol.

Black
    99 SS

yea let me find a picture of my buddys true duel system i posted it on here let me find it for you, its very good a local shop here does it

soon to be T.A. owner

ok bc i dont know how the shit works.. i want it to lope like a drag car and be loud as hell but still run cutouts to save gas money and make it halfway quiet.. but my dad keeps bitchin about the cats bc he said u have to have them on to be legal and everything.. but what he dont know wont hurt him..

Black
    99 SS

look where he ran his coutouts, very nice set up, this set him back about 1,200 if i can remember correctly

soon to be T.A. owner

o hell ya thats wat im talkin about.. thats clean.. and the cut outs are completely different than the ones i was thinkin of.. i like that.. ur gonna have to hook a brotha up and get some info about this whole thing.. if u could thatd be cool shit..

soon to be T.A. owner

http://www.lt1engine.com/messageboar....php?pic_id=38

here is a pic of the x-pipe and stuff w/o the cutouts

Black
    99 SS

that looks clean as fuck man. scott racing and performance did the work.

www.ts-performance.com

Thread Information