Thread: lt1 t56

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

lt1 t56

im looking to install an LT1 and a T56 into my 69 camaro... but as much as i have looked (hours online) i cannot find a package lt1 and t56, only motors alone or ones with automatic tyrannys. so my question is how hard would it be to buy a t56 and an lt1 separately and attach them... will they just link right up? ive never done this kinda thing before so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

red
    95 Z28

If you get a T56 that was in an LT1 car, then of course they'll bolt together just fine. It wont just be a simple swap though into the 69. You will need different motor mounts, and your tranny crossmember will also likely need some work. You'll need to run a hydraulic system for your clutch. You'll need to modify the floorpan for the shifter. etc etc etc.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    It wont just be a simple swap though into the 69. You will need different motor mounts, and your tranny crossmember will also likely need some work. You'll need to run a hydraulic system for your clutch. You'll need to modify the floorpan for the shifter. etc etc etc.
    i know that ill need a lot of modification, but everything ive read stated that i can use my stock SBC motor mounts for an LT1 engine... is that incorrect, or did u think i had different motor mounts? thanks again

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    i know that ill need a lot of modification, but everything ive read stated that i can use my stock SBC motor mounts for an LT1 engine... is that incorrect, or did u think i had different motor mounts? thanks again

thats one thing I'm not positive on. could be

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    YES! You can use the stock motor mounts! FACT!

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    YES! You can use the stock motor mounts! FACT!
    sweet... i thought so, but the giant letter FACT has convinced me throughly haha thanks for the help. so fomr what ive understood and read so far, ill need ...
    1) lt1 for first gen camaro wiring harness
    2) new fuel tank, or high pressure fuel pump with return line
    3) a new cross member to hold a t-56 6speed

are there any other major things im missing?

red
    95 Z28

you could probably fab a crossmember if you have the means, but if not, they are out there.

red
    96 ss

let me know if you want to buy a t56 used. i ordered a built t56 from t56rebuilds.com and am going to send mine back. if you can match the core amount i am getting back and pay shipping , i don't see why you can get it. 500.00 is the core charge

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

I have a 97 LT1 and T56 in my 67, the motormounts where just fine, but the tranny is longer, so you will need a new hole in the floor, as well as a fabricated tranny mount.

You will LOVE IT!!!!

Red
    1997 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn View Post
    let me know if you want to buy a t56 used. i ordered a built t56 from t56rebuilds.com and am going to send mine back. if you can match the core amount i am getting back and pay shipping , i don't see why you can get it. 500.00 is the core charge
    Does your core tranny still work fine? If it does, I'll buy it from you.

Thread Information