Blue
    95 Camaro Z28

lt1 missing at 5000 rpm

I have a 95 z28 with 150k miles on it. It runs fine. starts fine but when it is at wot it acts like it is hitting the rev limiter at 5000rpm and it wont shift for a sec if I keep on it it will bounce there a couple times then go. any Ideas? Please help

IBM
    04 GTO

I had that problem and people told me to change the coil. So I did and that fixed it try that and see if it works really easy to get to and a good 15 mins to get it done. The good thing is if its the coil its a cheap fix.

Red
    1993 Camaro Z28

My '93 was doing the same thing, pop and sputter on the 1-2 shift (even after new coil). I have just under 130K. A few months later my tranny gave out (auto). I took the opportunity to drop the engine to simplify the tranny change and do some much needed maintenance (fix oil leaks, intall headers, upgrade to vented opti, wires etc.)
    I was thinking the popping at high rpm's was caused by my tranny on it's way out and allowing the engine to spin to the rev limiter. But once I tore into the front of the engine to upgrade my opti, I found it had a bad bearing (that explained a mystery noise from my engine) Now I wonder if that was causing the high rpm 'miss'
    I still don't have it back together yet, so I don't know if I solved the problem yet, but I'm sure it will be gone. So I suggest an opti inspection.
    Last edited by Bralgar; 05-12-2007 at 11:27 PM.
    Brent
    1993 Z28 A4 3.23 Don't laugh, it's paid for.
    FFI SS hood, ZR28 Spoiler, SLP LoudMouth, BMR U/L A-Arms, LS1 Brake Upgrade, ES Trans mount, 1LE Elbow, K&N air filter, Holley AirFoil, and a set of C5 wide 5's with Kumho Ecsta MX's
    1966 GTO 400 ci M4 3.55

Blue
    95 Camaro Z28

Thanks but what coil are you talking about and how much was it I have only had mine for about 6 months it got a new tranny about 40k miles ago I dont think its that
    Last edited by bluecamaroz; 05-14-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: add info

Blue
    95 Camaro Z28

ok I found out what a coil is I think I will try it if its not it I am going to get some plugs and wires I dont know when they were changed if at all I have the last 90k miles of reciets

Red
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bluecamaroz View Post
    it got a new tranny about 40k miles ago I dont think its that

I'm sorry, I wasn't implying your tranny was bad, I was just explaining my thoughts on my car, but it turned out to be my OptiSpark. I was suggesting you have your OptiSpark checked out. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Bralgar; 05-15-2007 at 03:24 AM. Reason: squirrel ran accross my keyboard

IBM
    04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Bralgar View Post
    My '93 was doing the same thing, pop and sputter on the 1-2 shift (even after new coil). I have just under 130K. A few months later my tranny gave out (auto). I took the opportunity to drop the engine to simplify the tranny change and do some much needed maintenance (fix oil leaks, intall headers, upgrade to vented opti, wires etc.)
    I was thinking the popping at high rpm's was caused by my tranny on it's way out and allowing the engine to spin to the rev limiter. But once I tore into the front of the engine to upgrade my opti, I found it had a bad bearing (that explained a mystery noise from my engine) Now I wonder if that was causing the high rpm 'miss'
    I still don't have it back together yet, so I don't know if I solved the problem yet, but I'm sure it will be gone. So I suggest an opti inspection.

The tranny slipping after i changed the coil happened to me also the tranny only had 20,000 miles on it too.im now waiting on the tranny to come in. thats crazy smae thimg happened to me. lol

sped
    My car was doing that same exact thing detail for detail about a month ago, so I tried changing the plugs, problem solved. Hopefully you have the same easy outcome.

Blue
    95 Camaro Z28

GOOD NEWS It is reving now I changed the 5 easyier plugs and wires I gave up on the other 3 and the coil wire. the coil plug was all dirty I cleaned it and it is running good now

Thread Information