Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LT1 header questions

This is a discussion on LT1 header questions within the LT1 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; thanks for the info guys. I think you are swaying me away from long tubes. they cost more, you need ...

Black
    1995 Pontiac Trans AM

thanks for the info guys. I think you are swaying me away from long tubes. they cost more, you need a new cat, and a ORY pipe... I can just put that money into 373 gears, or a line lock or something... 440- do you have stock internals?

Josh

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

haha no all forged bottom end. i need gears and a yank

1994 25th Anniversary T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    hey blown25th what you packing? got pics??
    Forged 355, Procharged 9 lbs, bolt ons, cam. No pics, but with the exception of headers, and the air intake tube it looks stock. The blower is tightly tucked where the air pump was. You really can't see it unless you look for it.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Blown25thT/A View Post
    Forged 355, Procharged 9 lbs, bolt ons, cam. No pics, but with the exception of headers, and the air intake tube it looks stock. The blower is tightly tucked where the air pump was. You really can't see it unless you look for it.
    hp?

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    ok trust me! shortys 93-97, long tubes on 98-02. thats the rule. oh i still passed after my headers
    wtf r u talkin bout?? i'd like to know the genius who made this dumbass rule...longtubes for everything, shortys are a waste of money when it comes to performance
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

its a bitch to put long tubes on a 93-97. need a high flow cat and they dont bolt up in the same place. the shorty's just fit right in. now i do have the 97 with dual cats so it could be different on the 93-95. i dont want to argue, nor care I'm giving you my advice. i did the complete engine swap myself and returned the long tubes for the shorty's. do some research on the old threads we have had many discussions about this already. hope i was some help.

p.s. i built a N/A 440 rwhp, 470 rwt. i know a little about this stuff.
    for one u buit a 440rwhp car n/a...great u want a fucking cookie? not to burst your bubble, but others have done it as well...lots of em and prob better since u put on shortys...and yeah its a bitch to put on lt1's, but some real men arent pansy's like your self and dont have to lift ur fuckin engine just to put on shortys, my friends have put on longtubes in their driveways before...
    ok why go into suck detail. shit people we are talking about what 1-3 rwhp if that deference between long tubes and shorty's if that. shorty's are easy o install and do not require new cats, or to move them, and great ground clearance. i have one of the loudest exhaust systems you will hear with my electronic cut out. and not to be mean but are any of you actually putting down more than 300-350 rwhp. or cammed??? why all the dumb shit to deal with. go shorty!
    1-3rwhp huh?, god your a fucking moron...try more like 20rwhp or more u dumbass not considering the fact that it also unbelievably helps the lt1's top end....seriously for someone who has a fast car like urself, you sure are a dumb muthafucker...ohh and just because we dont have 350rwhp, doesnt mean that we dont have plans to achieve that point or higher...maybe like 450rwhp, then we could call ourself 450rwhp ta or camaro...10 higher than u, huh?..and longtubes just help us on our way there...its people like you why i keep putting money into my car
    Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 01-19-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vecaj View Post
    thanks for the info guys. I think you are swaying me away from long tubes. they cost more, you need a new cat, and a ORY pipe... I can just put that money into 373 gears, or a line lock or something... 440- do you have stock internals?

Josh
    dooo not listen to that 440 guy....longtubes give you at least 20rwhp over shortys...if u get shortys, you'll be changing them for longtubes in a short time...there garbage..hes just pissed cause he didnt know this and has shortys on his car

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    dooo not listen to that 440 guy....longtubes give you at least 20rwhp over shortys...if u get shortys, you'll be changing them for longtubes in a short time...there garbage..hes just pissed cause he didnt know this and has shortys on his car
    dude take a look at your car! its fucking ugly. oh yeah and for the record i took my engine out to make it a stroker. and I'm not a broke dick mother fucker like you. i do all my mods at one time. i do not work at wall-mart or McDonald's like you do. and if you think long tubes give you an extra 20 hp over my shorty's your stupid. like i said take you and your 285hp hunk of shit and get off this forum. my dog has more sense than you.

p.s. sorry to every one else that reads this i do not normally get mad at stupid people. but he sent me a pm just so i can see that he has bashed my idea of whats best for my friend.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vecaj View Post

Josh
    dont listen to this joker. you have it right. if anything you will buy a cam and shortys and whoop his long tube ass!! thats if he even has long tubes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information