black
    96 Camaro Z28

Exclamation LT1 Gods need some help please!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys I need alot of info here. I have a 96 Z28 6-speed with alot of bolt-ons. I have just brought a set of long tube headers 1" 3/4 pacesetters. I am wanted to know what combo would be the best to go with on heads, intake and cam. This combo keep in mind that I will be running a stock block and I will be spraying it with 150 shot of nos. Later my plans are to build a 383 stroker and either run a supercharger or continue to spray my goal is to get in the low 11s to high 10s. The way my car sets right now it should run 12.90s to 13.10s with the current setup before the headers. So I am just looking for a good top end for the car. I sure hope you guys can help me.

Here is the mod list to date, got some other stuff going on in the next week!!!!
    Black 96 Z28 M6-----HPP+,air foil,UD pulley,Spec Stage 3+, Flowmaster Amercian Thunder cat-back,Hurst Shifter,Extreme 9000 plug wires, MT ET street radials, LT4 KM, K&N FIPK, SFC's,3.73s, auburn posi unit, moser axles, & driveshaft loop. 1/4 Times 13.59@100.4 mph 60'@1.97. Time is before LT4 KM, K&N FIPK, SFC's, 3.73s, auburn posi unit, moser axles install. Installing Pacesetter LTs, & 58 mm TB soon!!!!!!!!

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

I would go with a Golen 383. Its got 480 hp and 460 ft lbs of torque. Your stock bottom end would not last long with a 150 shot.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

If I where to change the engine to a 383, I would still SC it, and use the Nitrous for the intercooler.

Have you looked into better injectors? I hear the LS1 injectors give a better spray pattern and going with a larger spray as well.

Electron Blue
    2002 Convertible Corvette

First throw away that HPP... they're crap. Call comp cams and talk to them about a custom grind nitrous cam for an LT1. You can run a 150 just fine on the stock bottom end just make sur everything is working fine. Also try and remove the stock limiters (rev limiter and speed limiter) as they cut fuel not spark (which will kill your engine on nitrous).

Jon

black
    96 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Jon02EB View Post
    First throw away that HPP... they're crap. Call comp cams and talk to them about a custom grind nitrous cam for an LT1. You can run a 150 just fine on the stock bottom end just make sur everything is working fine. Also try and remove the stock limiters (rev limiter and speed limiter) as they cut fuel not spark (which will kill your engine on nitrous).

Jon
    Yeah, when I tear down the car to install the headers and 58 mm TB, I am going to get the car tuned, so I am getting rid of the HPP+ that is for sure. I know it will pick up better if I had a tune now, but I am just waiting on the header install, should be doing that in the next week or so, I have the headers laying in my garage, waiting on the TB, EGR block off plates to come in and new SFC's, so get it done shortly, then going on to the h/c combo so baby steps, by the end od summer, I hope to be in the lows 12s on motor and low 11s on spray, with a 383 build over the winter if everything goes right.

Thread Information