Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LT1 Camaro Cop Car on TV

Watchin Police Wildest Chase videos or whatever and there was just a video of a cop Camaro chasing a BMW. They exclaim how the "police Camaro has a LT1 V8 thats the same as in the Corvette, with a chip in it that makes it more powerful then whats available to the general public" and later in the video they claim its 350hp.

Chip that adds 70hp?? I want that tuner...

red
    95 Z28

made for TV bullshit. that video is like 10 years old.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Yeah, I remember seeing that episode a while ago. The general public doesn't know shit about specifics about cars. So, TV-Land can make up whatever and most will believe it. And the officer who drove that camaro cop car looked liked like a complete doofus anyways.

Green
    1997 ws-6

yeah i saw that shit too. i laughed about that. on car i didnt laugh at was a lt 1 TA cop car that i saw at a car show near by. that thing was pretty sweet. but the pig wouldnt pop the hood. i heard it run and it sounded stock to me but it looked pretty cool. white leather and custom dash. pretty nice.

That was on America's Most Wanted I think. I remember seeing that. The narrator of the show really dramatises the show. He makes outlandish comments if not lies. Some of his comments don't even make sense. The kid just out manuvered the cop because the older cop couldn't drive well and he ended up crashing his Z28.

john banell or whatever, i fuckin hate him.

red
    96 ss

also if you can go back and watch it again. they say he got caught and they show video of him hitting the brakes infront of a car with a camera rolling. the clip that they showed while saying all of that crap , was actually the same clip from when he turned around on the camaro. you can see the same cop car in front of him laying down another set of spikes. you know if they caught him they would have shown the video , just to prove a point.

Green
    1997 ws-6

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    that shit is funny

Awaiting Activation
    I've seen that chase a few times. It really pisses me off when people on TV are very incorrect about car stuff. Nothing pisses me off more though than that english tv show (forgot the name) where the guy thought the GT500 sucked because it only made like 442rwhp. The dumbass thought it would make 500rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn View Post
    also if you can go back and watch it again. they say he got caught and they show video of him hitting the brakes infront of a car with a camera rolling. the clip that they showed while saying all of that crap , was actually the same clip from when he turned around on the camaro. you can see the same cop car in front of him laying down another set of spikes. you know if they caught him they would have shown the video , just to prove a point.
    they did catch him.... the next day lol and it was some 15 or 16y/o kid that took his dad's beamer for a joy ride...and his dad happened to be a bmw racing instructor

wel you'l be glad to hear he fell off a cliff in cali a year or 2 ago, only downside is no more WW police video's

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by pocheasy View Post
    they did catch him.... the next day lol and it was some 15 or 16y/o kid that took his dad's beamer for a joy ride...and his dad happened to be a bmw racing instructor
    lol i knew there was somthing funny about that video at the end. kind of figued they got the plate and picked him up later. sad they had to lie about it on tv to discourage people from running. i really consider that show to be a form of scare tatics. thanks for the facts pocheasy

hes dead? thank god

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6spd

You think misinformation about cars is bad on TV? Try being into guns and watching ANYTHING on tv/movies lol

dont get me started.............. cocking the hammers on glocks....... shotgun blast sound overs on pistols....... near unlimited ammo..... dessert eagles shooting like 22's and being portrayed as the ultimate pistol....... calling EVERYTHING with a scope a fuckin sniper rifle, i could go on for paged on the misuse of the word sniper alone....... bullets knocking people backwards as if they weighed 3,000lbs.... characters surviving dozens of hits and wounds that would kill a blue whale dead....

Green
    1997 ws-6

i agree. i have shot a .357 DE and was let down with the inacuracy.. that bitch is heavy and loud as a mofo... wouldnt mind to own one though just wouldnt shell out the 1k.

i HATE the attention that fuckin thing gets, gas operated brick. movies inform the masses and the masses are memorized, they hear the word "50 cal" and automatically its the best handgun ever made.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

i HATE the attention that fuckin thing gets, gas operated brick. movies inform the masses and the masses are memorized, they hear the word "50 cal" and automatically its the best handgun ever made.
    No way man...a High Point 9mm is the best gun ever made. Especially when you hold it gangster style.

lol arent those the guns that are like $50 and made from recycled soda bottles? lolol

I also hate the Ruger P90 for the same bollywood ganster fame bullshit the Dessert Eagle gets... same reason i'll never try a Colt 45 malt liquor drink.

red
    96 ss

i'll stick with my g21 or g17.

Thread Information