Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LPP headers

Trans Am owner
    former

LPP headers

does anyone know if the quality of the LPP stainless header very good?

I found them, and $650 for stainless headers and Y-pipe is a killer deal!

Is it too good to be true? hows the fitment and finish?

Trans Am owner
    former

well, I bit the bullet, and a set is on the way......stainless stepped long tubes, and stainless ORY for $550 shipped.

I will post pics when they arrive

10's N/A

Great, let us know how you like them. I've been wanting to know good the fitment is.

Trans Am owner
    former

here we go. a bunch of pics...... they just arrived

1994 25th Anniversary T/A

Where did you get them from? Link?

Trans Am owner
    former

1994 25th Anniversary T/A

Thanks

10's N/A

Those things almost look as if they are just for show, like they should only be on display and not actually installed in the car. Nice lookin' set of headers & y-pipe.

Trans Am owner
    former

they are goin on monday. I have noschool, and no work. I will do it all day....

I am usin ARP 100-1412 header studs. hopefully since the flange is 1/2" thick it will be a pretty easy install. I'll include pics.....lots of pics before, during and after the install.

Red
    1994 Z28

I'm looking forward to how the fitment is on those, they look Really nice and might be one of my future purchases

Trans Am owner
    former

well, I just wrapped up day 2.

so far......HORRIBLE experience. this is an enormous project..... as far as install goes....passenger side is hitting the metal looped AC lines, and header wont get up in there from the bottom.

driver side.....steering shaft is in the way....it is SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I just need to figure out how to move the steering collum back or somthin I guess....

right now, its just pretty discouraging... just doing it on 2 jackstands is terrible.....

10's N/A

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Headers on an LT1 are never a good experience, especially for a first timer. It's a much easier job with a lift.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Just pop the steering knuckle off and out of the way. There are only two bolts securing it, not hard to get too. Just make sure to test fit the header and knuckle before tightening everything down cause sometimes they don't clear each other and you might have to hammer in the header to clear the knuckle.

As far as the passenger side, I hated it. I finally had to lift the engine off the mount and drop it in from the top. But I had pacesetters with emissions crap, and that stuff wouldn't clear my car underneath. Nothin but race headers for me in the future.

Trans Am owner
    former

my driver side one is in from the bottom,. I removed the 7/16 bolt on the bottom, where the steering shaft connects to the rack. and after I got the lower steering shaft outta the way, well, the header just popped in like it was nothin. I put in the far front, and back stud, and 2 temporary nuts. all I gotta do is plug in O2, and put in my studs, plugs, and wires, and driver side is done. I didnt remove my oil filter. didnt need too.

so. driver side is test fitted, and passenger side WILL require some movement of the metal AC line via bending......

Black
    1996 Trans am

WHAT ARE U KIDDING ME? i did my first header job on my LT1 and it was very very easy , first of all u do NOT have to put them in just from the bottom, nice way to scratch ur headers up, what i did was , take the rack and pinion off the steering link and move it over, and wrap ur headers in like a quilt or thin blanket and have someone on the bottom to guide it in as u push down on top, and go in from the top!! very easy on the driver side, then when u get ready to do the passenger side, take the alternator off and then take the bolt out of the passenger side motor mount and jack the passenger side of the motor UP and slide the header from up top as well, be sure to wrap the header to with a blanket, it will be a tight fit but be patient and guide it through

Black
    1996 Trans am

is it just me or does it look like the port holes on the headers are for and LS1? the port holes for LT1 headers are supposed to be D ports

Trans Am owner
    former

umm.....all I did was remove the starter, and they litterally slid right up into place after you bend the AC line about 1/4"

they are in, but the gaskets and studs are giving me troubles..... plus, I need a grinder for some k-memeber clearnace on the passenger side. as of right now, the passenger and driver headers are in with like 2 or 3 studs, and 2 bolts temporarily holding them in....plug wires are on the opti, and my buddy is gonna be at my house in about 45 minutes with al lthe tools I need. hopefully get it on the road tonight.....

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camarostripes96 View Post
    is it just me or does it look like the port holes on the headers are for and LS1? the port holes for LT1 headers are supposed to be D ports
    Ports look fine, and if they were for an LS1, the bolt holes aren't in the right configuration for an LS1.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    umm.....all I did was remove the starter, and they litterally slid right up into place after you bend the AC line about 1/4"

they are in, but the gaskets and studs are giving me troubles..... plus, I need a grinder for some k-memeber clearnace on the passenger side. as of right now, the passenger and driver headers are in with like 2 or 3 studs, and 2 bolts temporarily holding them in....plug wires are on the opti, and my buddy is gonna be at my house in about 45 minutes with al lthe tools I need. hopefully get it on the road tonight.....
    Who is going to tune it for you?

Trans Am owner
    former

finish line performance.

I didnt finish tonight.....things take a LOT longer then when you work by yourself....

well, the driver side header is ON ON. and driver side plugs are hand tight, and driver side wires are routed.

passenger side header aint on all the way yet. go bout 3 studs holding it in. the O2 connections are hooked up. I needed a extension harness for passenger header only.

man.....I am so tired of working on my car.....I never thought I would say it....but I am. this is just such a downer. my personality, and the way I have been acting is just not normal. I just need to finish this and recoop my bank account and automotive self esteem.

Thread Information